Acne Stopped. Now L...

Notifications
Clear all

Acne Stopped. Now Let's Deal With The Scars Once And For All

MemberMember
(@parks1)

Posted : 12/26/2014 4:08 pm

I am a 25 year old who has had acne for as long as I could remember. My acne has pretty much disappeared with applying every night Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and a benzoyl peroxyde 5% (used to use panoxyl aquagel but since it was discontinued, changed to a brand called rugby). I get the occasional pimple here and there but usually apply 10% BP on it and it's gone within a few days.

As my acne cleared, I am left with these small holes on my nose and on each side of my face. I've done a lot of research but am still quite confused on:

1) What type of scars I have: blackheads, clogged pores, ice picks?

2) What remedy should I be using: Indian healing clay, dermarolling with vitaminc c serum, exfoliating, blackhead extractor?

All advice is greatly appreciated

post-356228-0-42898400-1419627785.jpeg

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 12/27/2014 8:14 am

Wow we call that clear skin. And blackheads aren't scars. Not even close. Number one you are very lucky. And two try the clay and extractions. A mild salicylic acid then daily to keep the nose pores clean.

parks1 liked
MemberMember
(@parks1)

Posted : 12/28/2014 11:26 am

Wow we call that clear skin. And blackheads aren't scars. Not even close. Number one you are very lucky. And two try the clay and extractions. A mild salicylic acid then daily to keep the nose pores clean.

@mrsrobinson,

Thanks for your answer!

- Clay: just about any clay will do once a week?

- Extractions: as in a manual extractions with an extraction tool?

- Mild salicylic acid daily: do you mean replacing my current regimen of BP 5% with the salicylic acid?

Cheers

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 12/29/2014 3:27 pm

clay once a week is plenty and use the mild SA 2% (get the spot treat stuff but use it everyday all over your nose)...after a few weeks then do the extractions right after you get out of a hot shower...easiest then, use a clean tool and don't force them out, if it doesn't budge then leave it alone

MemberMember
(@parks1)

Posted : 12/30/2014 12:07 am

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@saduser)

Posted : 09/06/2017 12:21 pm

I have the same nose!!! but im only 18  im so terrified to what will happen to my face in the future..