Notifications
Clear all

From Perfect Skin To Severe Acne In 2 Months!

MemberMember
(@gdubsss)

Posted : 12/25/2014 3:41 pm

Hello everyone. Let me first start with a bit of my history. Ive always had perfect skin throughout highschool. 0 blemishes. This was consistent up untill 1st year university i began to break out a little bit. I was prescribed a topical ointment and it worked my acne completely cleared. It continued to stay generally clear from the on aside from a few pimples here and there. However this still irratated me quite a bit. So i decided i should use proactive.. Possibly the worse mistake i have ever made. This was about 10 weeks ago. My face looked as shown below.

Two weeks into proactive my face began to break out ..

So my first reaction was to call the doctor and discontinue proactive all together. My doctor prescribes me benzaclin, and let me tell you did this stuff ever wreck my face. However my doctor also booked me an appointment with a dermatologist. Heres 2 week into using benzaclin,

So i called my doctor and told him this was causing me to completely breakout! He told me to discontinue using the benzaclin and to wait for my appt with the derm ... Heres what happend by stopping ..

So now i go to my derm and tell him my story. He doesnt really care it seemed nor cared to answer what was the cause of this. He simply said he was not sure and suggested accutane... I was hesitant but agrees and had the blood work done. I am currently waiting untill the 6th of january to see him and finally recieve effective treatment (hopefully). This has ruined my social life. I cant even look my friends in the eye. I have never been this depressed, i feel i have lost everything. Here are some current pictures on christmas day of course...

I cant leave me house . Im 20 years old and there is no chance ill be leaving my room on newyears. I cant let anyone see my like this. I dont know how or why this happened.

On the 6th i will begin to log my accutane journey.

Questions:

Will accutane help this? Has anyone seen anything like this before? Would you recommend accutane for this kind of case? Is 10 weeks a short duration for an acne onset as severe as mine?

Background

I do alot of dieting, im very into body building ive put on about 15 lbs this semester intentionally. (Im in third year). I can show pictures of my body weight fluctuations.. But dont think its nessesary. Any comments or help would be much appreciated

MemberMember
(@3wishes14)

Posted : 12/26/2014 5:54 am

Questions:

Will accutane help this? Has anyone seen anything like this before? Would you recommend accutane for this kind of case? Is 10 weeks a short duration for an acne onset as severe as mine?

Background

I do alot of dieting, im very into body building ive put on about 15 lbs this semester intentionally. (Im in third year). I can show pictures of my body weight fluctuations.. But dont think its nessesary. Any comments or help would be much appreciated

Hi! Unfortunately I can't see any of your pics? I'm not sure whether the attachments didn't work or whether it's my laptop. Anyway, I can see your acne from your profile pic. I certainly think it looks serious enough for accutane. If you feel you've tried everything else then it may be worth going for? I mean, it bothers you enough for you to join this site and post pics..

It's very peculiar that your acne has come on so fast and so severe. Could it be anything to do with your dieting? You say 'perfect to severe acne in 2 months' and also 'been body building, put 15lbs this semester' these things align together quite closely in terms of time, i.e. it sounds like your acne worsened not long after this body weight change. I'm no nutritionist, scientist, etc, so I have no idea if they could be linked but could be worth researching? Chin up, you'll get on the road to improvement in no time!

MemberMember
(@gdubsss)

Posted : 12/26/2014 2:53 pm

Thankyou for the reply! I will attach all the pictures soon in correct order.

MemberMember
(@gdubsss)

Posted : 12/26/2014 4:33 pm

post-442159-0-90906900-1419629448_thumb.

post-442159-0-36658500-1419629467_thumb.

post-442159-0-10497400-1419629485_thumb.

post-442159-0-67662700-1419629518_thumb.

post-442159-0-20978300-1419629537_thumb.

post-442159-0-58845900-1419629561_thumb.

MemberMember
(@gdubsss)

Posted : 12/28/2014 8:35 pm

no one has any other input?

MemberMember
(@3wishes14)

Posted : 12/30/2014 6:12 am

no one has any other input?

Just saw your pics. That does seem like quite a rapid decline but it's good that you've documented it with pictures. Whats your plan for when you see the derm on 6th Jan?

MemberMember
(@importkid558)

Posted : 12/30/2014 9:43 pm

That looks almost like some sort of allergic reaction with how irritated everything looks, especially given the randomness of it all.

I tried Benzaclin and it really didn't do anything for me.

If I were you...try nothing at all. Honestly, the chemical agents in these medications could be irritating your skin. Exercise, sleep well, eat well, and rinse with just water. Accutane is a very drastic measure and doesn't work permanently for everyone.

MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 01/03/2015 11:13 pm

Because your acne came on so suddenly and severely, I would think it has something to do with your diet and intentional weight gain. If you are taking any type of supplements, protein powders, steroids, etc. I think they are notorious for causing acne. You should go back to whatever lifestyle habits you were following when you had clear skin.

MemberMember
(@gdubsss)

Posted : 01/06/2015 9:44 pm

Thanks everyone for there comments/concerns! I visited the derm today and i have officially started accutane tonight. I will create a seperate topic to log my journey.

MemberMember
(@annnna)

Posted : 02/08/2015 4:24 pm

Your condition looks and sounds really familiar to mine. It's even located on the same place as mine. Is it painful and/or itchy?

I had really sudden (about 1-2 months from almost none to a full blow-out) and severe painful cystic acne. It turned out to be an allergy. Very probably to secondhand vaping (breathing in propylene glycol or another substances from e-cig liquids). Now I can't use anything with PG in it in any way.

I know you have started on accutane, and I'm really happy if that works for you. But I highly recommend for you to think about a potential allergy-causing factor in your life, for me it was moving in with someone who vapes.. Maybe even take an allergy test if possible.

MemberMember
(@gdubsss)

Posted : 02/09/2015 11:34 pm

Follow my other post. I have started like you said. And regardless of wether or not i am allergic to somthing, the fact is that severely agrevated acne like mine was tends to spread , and increase oil production which can lead to more acne.. Like a the snowball effect. You need somthing " to stop the ball from rolling" and 1 month into acctuane with such a low dose the results are suprisingly impressive. I am going to get an allergy test done , but in the mean time im handleing the problem from getting worse.

Thats the difference between 1 mont pre accutane , and 1 month on 10 mgs ( super low dose, derm thought i was gunna break out bad based om how inflamated my acne was). I just upped to 40 mg about 5 days ago. Most the active acne is clearing up , just left with some PIH , which im sure will clear up in some months (4 -5)

post-442159-0-97738200-1423542869_thumb.