Notifications
Clear all

Simple Skincare For Clear Skin

MemberMember
(@clearmira)

Posted : 12/25/2014 12:58 pm

Hi everyone!

I am quite new to this community and am so excited to start this skincare journey!

HISTORY OF MY SKIN:

I have had acne for 3 years, and this is the first time it has been really bad due to my period. I was going from harsh chemicals like BP and Salycilic acid, to all natural lush skincare. I wasn't giving any product enough time and my skin just got worse.

my skin has lots of red marks and hyperpigmentation, on my forehead and the inner parts of my cheeks. I also have healing pimples/some scabs on my forehead and around 2 small pimples. I experience small bumps as well.

I had been looking into the caveman regime, which is basically not washing your skin for a month, even with water. but, the only problem was that I wear makeup and without removing it I would feel so scared! so I decided to do a much modified version of the routine:

MORNING:

- no rinsing or moisturizer just mineral powder

NIGHT:

- dampen face, apply vaseline, and cleanse my skin

that is it! I know some people say that vaseline is comedogenic, but I think it will help me overall heal my skin and restore my natural skin barrier. I am also using mineral makeup, which shouldn't clog my pores!

I will be updating hopefully daily, since I am currently in India for approx. 2.5 weeks more, so I hope I can clear my skin significantly! will log tomorrow :)

if you would like to join along in the journey, join in the comments! would love to know your thoughts and opinions :)

MemberMember
(@clearmira)

Posted : 12/25/2014 9:12 pm

DAY 1:

My experience for Day 1 is looking hopeful. after I cleansed with vaseline, my skin looked already better than it did the night before. I gently removed with a washcloth and went to sleep.

in the morning, my skin was so much better! less red, and the hyperpigmentation looked improved + added glow! and thank god, no new closed comedones!

*I AM ADJUSTING MY ROUTINE BY RINSING MY FACE IN THE MORNING

excited to go forward in the routine!

MemberMember
(@skinnie)

Posted : 12/26/2014 11:34 pm

How long are you planning on giving it before deciding to stop or continue?

clearmira liked
MemberMember
(@clearmira)

Posted : 12/27/2014 1:38 am

Hey Skinnie! probably will be doing for 2 weeks or so and just see how it goes! so far in liking it :)

DAY 2

today my skin is looking good!

the dark spots are improving, and it has only been one day! I am hoping to purchase some rose water today for my dark spots and acne, which might help!

as for the bumps/pimples, I think they are now coming to a head, which is good! I am noticing more bumps on my forehead, but nothing too major and my pores are probably just purging. they feel dry and will probably will be easily exfoliated off.

yesterday my makeup went on badly, but today it looks ok! my goal is that by the end of 2 weeks, I feel confident going out without makeup. I mean, I am not expecting my dark spots to go away in two week, but I am just hoping they can fade enough so they aren't too major!

that's all for today :)

MemberMember
(@clearmira)

Posted : 12/28/2014 3:56 am

DAY 3

my skin is somewhat improving...

today I washed my face 3 times accidentally because I washed my face in the morning and then I took a shower so whatever...

yesterday during the day I notice more bumps, and a significant amount. I mean it wasn't THAT bad, but it definitely made me worry. but, I do notice that my smallish pimples on the left side of my forehead are definitely purging, I'm guessing that is what my whole skin is doing.

after I cleansed that night I bought some rose water (yas)! and honestly my skin was instantly soothed. in the morning, the bumps had gone down and some were almost gone, which gave me some hope :)

my skin texture feels better than yesterday, but overall I am not sure. my skin feels bumpy but the bumps are dry and when I exfoliate they will probably come off. though I am positive that the appearance of my skin is getting better :)

the hyperpigmentation is doing better as well, my skin just looks more soothed. the hyperpigmentation on my cheek looks reduced, let's hope that this continues working :)

I am thinking that by day 7 I will do an almond scrub. it is this powder that I purchased and it is really good so I am looking forward to that :)

I know I am trying to rebuild my acid mantle (caveman regimen) but I have to exfoliate! my skin just looks and feels so good afterwards! thought before I did it on an almost daily basis, now I will do it once a week!

my makeup went on really smooth during the day after the rose water! hopefully it doesn't get worse during the day! you could definitely see the bumps, but it is fine, things aren't going to work just like that :)

that is all for today :)

*THE ROSE WATER WILL BE USED IN THE MORNING AND NIGHT

MemberMember
(@clearmira)

Posted : 12/29/2014 11:44 pm

DAY 4

yesterday I thought I slept with my makeup on, that's how good my skin is looking! (in some lightings lol)

yesterday night one of my pimples popped, and trust me, I didn't pop it. anyways the whole area became red and inflamed, and it started bleeding. the only thing I could do is put some vaseline on it. in the morning, I woke up and my skin looked good, and the spot was WAYY less red! honestly the healing power of vaseline is crazy...

hyperpigmentation is looking better and better, nothing much to say about that. as for the bumps and pimples, they are definitely coming to a head. last night I was noticing a few new bumps on my forehead and cheeks, but in the morning, they were diminished! I feel like this is a pattern... in the day there are new bumps, and in the morning there aren't! my forehead is still bumpy though... but I think after exfoliating my skin will be a whole lot smoother!

well that's basically all for today...

P.S. I am actually feeling good without makeup!! though now I am with my cousins in India, and they always ask like, what has happened, or something like that. and then they recommend me stuff! it just gets annoying, because I am just so self conscious about it now... but I gotta keep my head up! keeping my fingers crossed that it works :)

DAY 5

ugh my bumps and scabs are so itchy, I cannot wait to exfoliate! I think I will do it by day 8, and I will continue updating!

my hyperpigmentation is looking better and better, nothing much to say about that.

my bumps and pimples are now basically just dry and NEED to be exfoliated off! as for inflammation, not much of that!

well that's basically all for today! not to in depth but whatever :)

MemberMember
(@clearmira)

Posted : 12/30/2014 11:03 pm

DAY 6

I CAVED! I EXFOLIATED!

ok so last night, I really couldn't take it anymore... like it was itchy and it looked SO bad. so I used a charcoal scrub, a haldi mask, then I scrubbed again, and applied rose water and vaseline. ugh I know.... I also picked!!! but never the less, in the morning my skin looked 10x better and smoother! I still have tiny bumps which suck... but overall my skin looks way better in appearance, from yesterday and when I started this experiment!

I am changing up my skin care regimen again, I just cannot take uneven skin texture! so this is my new routine:

MORNING:

1. rinse with water

2. spray rose water

NIGHT:

1. remove eye makeup with vaseline

2. wash face with fabindia charcoal scrub w/ clarisonc

3. spray lots of rose water

ok so I know my routine has changed... somewhat... but I think my skin will be a lot better now... both appearing and looking better! will keep updating :)

MemberMember
(@importkid558)

Posted : 12/31/2014 7:00 pm

I've been following somewhat of the same routine, but I'm only using water once at night.

What are you using to exfoliate?

MemberMember
(@nondairylifexx)

Posted : 11/07/2015 7:44 pm

I used no7 cleanser and then simple toner and French connection moisturiser and it really helped clear the rest after I gave up dairy