Notifications
Clear all

Mild To Moderate Acne But Severe Hyperpigmentation & Red Marks With Pictures

MemberMember
(@seksownypolka)

Posted : 12/25/2014 11:58 am

Ok Hi guys, been reading on acne org for many years but never made an account but time has come where I seek advice. I am a Caucasian 19 year old male that has been battling acne for 3 years now. At the start, I was ignorant, uninformed and picked at my acne and did not treat my skin properly but fortunately my acne was not as severe as it has been of late. In all honesty I was a great candidate for Roaccutane but refused to take it due to the sideeffects accociated with the drug. I started Dan's regiment approxiamtely 2 and half months ago and have been relatively acne free for the past 3 weeks.

I live in Australia and play soccer for which I train for twice a day and am in the sun constantly and fear my dark spots have been worsened by sun exposure. I now fully understand the importance of lots & lots of sunscreen when using chemicals on the face :/ Anyways, hopefully If i've linked correctly below are 4 images of my face for the acne forum to see.. I am currently using the bp 2.5% twice a day and and AHA glycolic acid 10% at night.

I have done extensive reading regarding hyperpigmentation and would think maybe some Tri-luma would help a lot but am fairly positive it is unattainable in Australia. Hydroquinone might be an option but Im not sure it would help me as I think most my spots are red not brown :/ Also due to my sporting commitments an acid peel which would take 2 weeks is my last resort as I dont want acne to control my life and well Im trying to be the best I can as a footballer. Please have a look and any advice on what I can do to fade these red marks would be appreciated.

Note: I am also a gymnastics instructor (as a job) and during the period of time where I had severe acne I did handstands which would cause black spots under my skin which I am also unsure whether the dark red spots have occured from this. I also did not and do not pick my skin but scar regardless. My skin is also 95% acne free and smooth to wash with only my cheeks & sides affected not my forehead.

post-442141-0-11527500-1419525980.jpg

post-442141-0-06823300-1419525984.jpg

post-442141-0-46501400-1419525987.jpg

post-442141-0-88279800-1419525990.jpg

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 12/25/2014 6:40 pm

Hyperpigmentation > Acne. Be happy you've gone through the acne stage, everything FROM THIS POINT ONWARD WILL JUST GET BETTER. Those things fade with time, but to fade them faster you may want to use some product, or get a TCA peel done.

I actually have a guide on how to fade PIH really fast:

MemberMember
(@420blazeitfgt)

Posted : 12/25/2014 9:00 pm

Red marks are not hyperpigmentation. They are inflammation underneath the skin and cant be peeled away with the uppermost layers, which is what happens during a chemical peel. Hyperpigmentation is what happens when an excess of melanin is produced in the skin and it is brown. If you notice that your marks appear less red sometimes like when you just wake up, or they appear worse after you wash your face then I can guarantee a tca peel wont do anything for them.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 12/25/2014 10:06 pm

Red marks are not hyperpigmentation. They are inflammation underneath the skin and cant be peeled away with the uppermost layers, which is what happens during a chemical peel. Hyperpigmentation is what happens when an excess of melanin is produced in the skin and it is brown. If you notice that your marks appear less red sometimes like when you just wake up, or they appear worse after you wash your face then I can guarantee a tca peel wont do anything for them.

he clearly has hyperpigmentation though.

MemberMember
(@frk3)

Posted : 02/21/2020 7:34 am

@SeksownyPolkahey,did u end up getting rid of the pigmentation if so how?Im struggling with pretty much same thing only mine is on forehead..Also do u have any tips?I know its 6 years later..

MemberMember
(@jkatakozinos1gmail-com)

Posted : 02/21/2020 4:01 pm

8 hours ago, frK3 said:

@SeksownyPolkahey,did u end up getting rid of the pigmentation if so how?Im struggling with pretty much same thing only mine is on forehead..Also do u have any tips?I know its 6 years later..

Redness is not Hyper-pigmentation. His mostly looks like PIE. This can be helped by sessions of v beam or IPL to get rid of the redness.

MemberMember
(@frk3)

Posted : 02/25/2020 5:46 am

On 2/21/2020 at 10:01 PM, RickeyDog1212 said:

Redness is not Hyper-pigmentation. His mostly looks like PIE. This can be helped by sessions of v beam or IPL to get rid of the redness.

Doesnt this fade away naturally why would i get a laser treatment?

MemberMember
(@jkatakozinos1gmail-com)

Posted : 03/11/2020 1:34 pm

On 2/25/2020 at 5:46 AM, frK3 said:

Doesnt this fade away naturally why would i get a laser treatment?

Not always. Most have persistent PIE, however, it is suppose to resolve between 6-12 months--this is not always true and I would get treatment (topicals or IPL) after 6 months. Plus you asked how you get rid of it, that is how.

MemberMember
(@15yearboy123)

Posted : 03/11/2020 2:40 pm

Am i wrong but thia looks like scars