Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
YouBetterLoveYourself

Accutane Did Something To My Brain/skull, Fixing My ArnoldChiari Malformation.

Accutane woke me up in more ways than one....

I originally took Accutane for Severe Scalp Acne/Back Acne/Oily Skin Large Pores, which was "fixed" however...

As a fortunate side effect of taking Accutane in 2009.....

Accutane caused my BRAIN cerebellar tonsils to shrink, recede OR it adjusted the skull causing my Arnold-Chiari Malformation Type 1

to go away.

From my radiologist scan in 2006, before accutane:

"Multiplanar MRI of the brain reveals the cerebellar tonsils to extend 7mm inferior to the foramen magnum to the level of the posterior arch of C1. Cine CSF Flow studies showed the flow dorsal to the cerebellar tonsils is dampened on all three series"

In 2011 after accutane, my radiologist said I had no more Arnold-Chiari Malformation.

This is not heard of before, this condition can ONLY BE FIXED VIA BRAIN DECOMPRESSION SURGERY.

I am now fixed of my symptoms which included:

-dizziness

-loss of consciousness when bending neck backward or body is upside down

-major headaches and migraines

-chronic fatigue

-leg numbness / falling asleep constantly

HOWEVER: For people that did not have my condition, this is living proof that Accutane makes full physical contact with your brain. There is no debate, this ends it. So you take your risks of acne versus brain damage. Even though it helped an existing condition of mine that I wasn't expecting. What will it do to you?

I quit the drug early because of Knee / Back Pain, Constipation, and Severe Depression and Suicidal thoughts.

When I took Accutane:

Weight: 190

Height: 5'9

Brand: Clavaris

Dose: 40mg twice a day morning and night = 80mg total.

Took for two months before stopping due to side effects.

My Side Effects from Accutane as of December 2014:

-Dry Skin

-Dry Thinning Hair

-Hair Loss ( on and off)

- Changes to Hair Texture: My hair all over my body turn Curly, causing ingrown hair issues more than ever.

-Dry Eyes (sometimes they are in the way, my eyes are never white - always some pinkness or eye irritation)

-Dry Lips

-Eye floaters

- Night Vision reduced (visual snow, Blacks are fuzzy even during day time)

-Older than my age look

- Light Sensitivy / After image burn in easily

-Skin tone is more pale white, hardly can get a tan for some reason.

- Changes in Body Temperature, Sometimes feet are ice cold, other parts of my body are warm.

-Eyes: Staring at a computer screen for to long I see flicker rate bars on my monitor (no joke)

-Rectal Bleeding

-Hemorrhoids (recently have these removed via Banding, my bowel movements have improved 90%, no more bleeding)

-Constipation

- Receeding Gums (teeth sensitive as a result)

- TMJ / Jaw clicking (hurts to yawn sometimes)

- Disc Bulges / Low and Mid back pain. (the biggest side effect, the reason I was able to qualify for Medical MJ)

- Cracking joints such as Knees and thumbs. (loud knee cracks, thumbs always want to crack)

- Low Libido

- Changes in Erection Quality (less hard)

-Penis Head can have dryness (fixed with jojoba oil)

- Lack of Morning Erections (fixed when not masturbating for a week or two)

-Depression (probably because I am dealing with all the above)

-Lack of Dreams (fixed with small supplementation of 1mg of Melatonin)

-Dry Crusty Mucus inside of Nose

-Hand Ecezma, Arm Ecezma, really bad in the winter. (hemp salve works great to moisturize)

-Dryness around Nostrils.

-Dryness patches one or two small ones on beard growth areas.

- Lips always chapped. This might be permanent as no oils have worked yet. Chap stick WILL make it worse.

Tests Done to diagnose side effects:

-Telomeres Tested through SpectraCell Labs in Houston, TX: The Telomeres are shorter. I am 25 Year Old however, the read out says I am roughly 30 Years old. (telomere shortening confirmed? Epigentic Changes?!) http://www.spectrace...ics-intro-page/

-Tested MicroNutrient deficiencies. Which said I was low in Vitamin C, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Molybdenum. For vitamin A it said I had normal levels.

-Tested Semen Analysis: I am fine, I am potent with 130 million sperm count, everything is fine there.

-Tested Ultrasound of Prostate: I am fine there.

-Tested Adrenal Cortisol: Very Low Cortisol levels upon rising, ok mid day then drop at night.

-MRI of Brain done for an issue I had before accutane, however nothing bad was found there.

-General bloodwork came back normal, liver bloodwork normal.

-Tested blood for testosterone total and estrogen. Total Testosterone is 600 (I am Age 25) Estrogen was HIGH at 180 points need to get that down by 70 points.

-Tested the Stool: No H. Pylori Bacteria Found, No Celiac Disease, No Parasites - Beneficial Bactera was OK. Probiotics suggested for IBS Symptoms.

-Heavy Metal Test done: No heavy metals, copper levels normal. All levels normal.

-Urine Tests are fine / clean.

-Bone Marrow Density tested: I'm fine, perfect density.

-Growth Hormone tested: I am fine, nothing out of place there.

I will be testing some final methods in 2015:

1. Additional Hormone Tests I haven't took yet....Measuring gobulin and androgen count.

2. Liver Flush

3. Gallbladder Flush

4. Kidney Flush

5. Probiotic Enema

6. Coffee Enema

7. Parasite Cleanse, Bowel Cleanse (Salt water purging)

8. Fraxel Laser face resurfacing (might help lips??)

9. Cleaner diet, high vitamins, high protein, high minerals, high fiber, high BCAA, cutting out coffee and drinking Green Tea Matcha and Kombucha instead.

10. Blue light laser for back of neck / acne.

11. Injecting IGF-1 peptides Intramuscular for cell repair / muscle building / oil producing.

12. Injecting B12 Vitamin Intramuscular for DNA repair / anti aging.

13. Injecting HGH for Cell Repair / Oil producing (If I can find some.)

14. Mushrooms for neurotransmitters

15. ayahuasca tea

16. Rick Simpson Oil / Phoenix Tears oil - Said to cure 90% of peoples Accutane Dryness.

17. Yoga for joint rehab.

18. Losing Weight.

19. NoFap. No more masturbating for a WHOLE YEAR.

20. MRI Left Knee.

21. Neuro-linguistic programming (dealing with my past)

22. Hypnotism (forget I ever took accutane)

23. Dry Needling Acupuncture

24. Plenty of Sleep, getting back on a good circadian rhythm. http://en.wikipedia....ircadian_rhythm

25. Alpha Lipoic, Vitamin C, Glutathione, Tumeric Therapy http://en.wikipedia....avenous_therapy

26. Cayenne Eye Wash: http://www.amazon.co...ayenne eye wash

26. I might do HCG for hormones, already did this once. Possible no.

27. I might do TRT but risks of hair loss don't sound good. Possible no.

What I have done so far to help side effects:

-30 Day Juice Fast (celery, apple, kale, cucumber, ginger, tumeric, parsley, cilantro, basil, mint)

-Use a masticating juicer, slow turning, low heat, doesn't kill as many enzymes, more juice yield.

-Topical Cayanne Pepper for Hair Growth

-Avoid Alcohol

-Hemp Seed Oil

-Medical Cannabis Edibles, Medical Cannabis Bud (big improvement in erections, brain chemistry and depression)

-The Master Cleanse 15 Day Fast (Cayanne, Lemons, Maple Syrup)

-Colonics (total is six now)

-Salt Water Flush

-Abstraining from Vitamin A

-$10,000+ dollars on Supplements from Anti-aging Reservatol to Nootropics (brain supplements)

-MRI of spine showing the Disc Bulges

-Ultra sound of abdomen showing no inflammation.

-Colonscopy revealed three Hemmroids which was causing my IBS and Rectal Bleeding, these were banded. IBS has improved by 50%

-Endoscopy revealed Grade B erosive esophogus from Acid Reflux. I believe this was caused by lack of muscle tension in my stomach region.

Still to do:

-Hair Analysis Test

-MPOD Eye test (checks for eye protein levels)

-Rick Simpson Oil (hard to find, probably have to make my own)

-Liver Flush

-Kidney Flush

-Gallbladder Flush

-IGF-1 Injections

-B12 Injections

-HGH Injections

-TRT Injections

-Hulda Clark Zapper

Final Thoughts:

I hope everyone gets well. Our health WAS robbed from us. The cure to all this corruption on Earth is TRUTH.

We are being poisoned in more ways than one. And Accutane woke me up.

Personally I will be wrapping up this "accutane journey" in 2015.

-----------------------------------------

I am posting in this thread more MRI's and updates:

---------------------------------------

More information on my previous condition Arnold-Chiari Malformation Type 1:

http://www.conquerchiari.org/education/chiari-faqs.html

http://www.chiariinstitute.com/chiari_malformation.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold%E2%80%93Chiari_malformation

---------------------------------------

Pictures Below of my Brain / Neck MRI:

post-433447-0-03186400-1419500296.png

post-433447-0-53995600-1419500301.jpg

post-433447-0-29108700-1419500309.jpg

post-433447-0-66864000-1419500315.jpg

post-433447-0-47130900-1419502747.png

post-433447-0-16174100-1419589361.png

Edited by DestroyDarkness

Yeah and I would like them back.

This drug will age you 10 years. You will be begging for your acne back.

did they like closed up completely or how exactly? like what happened? they really really went away? mayb you have before after pics?

how long have you had those pores?

you had pretty high dose though, no?

Is it worth damaging your brain, endocrine system, joints?

Come on man, Get some aztec healing clay and apple cider vineger and use the mask once every night. You will be ok.

huh well thts completely diff thing! nobody cares and dont even knows abt no sebum bt pores are visible af and not needed for aesthetiqs AF

nyways acording to this thread we all have now come to conclusion that acutane nt nly is bad etc bt is USELESS

^ so its a fact now

as well as azteic clay n vinegar doesnt work.

=we need completely diff and real med!!

yeah

huh..wow

but hey did it fix ur pores?? did they go away completely??

benzyl, antibiotics and salicylic acid should age you as well through increased photo sensitivity.

huh..wow

but hey did it fix ur pores?? did they go away completely??

benzyl, antibiotics and salicylic acid should age you as well through increased photo sensitivity.

I just posted evidence of Brain changes, Accutane doesn't just focus on Acne, it's a Chemo Drug that's used for Cancers!!!

That's a BIG problem when marketed for Acne. Criminal. C-R-I-M-I-N-A-L. Geez.

I promise you in the next couple of decades you will find out much more.

http://chemocare.com/chemotherapy/drug-info/accutane.aspx#.VJ1HqqAAA

"Retinoids are relatively new types of anti-cancer drugs. They have been used alone or in combination to treat a variety of cancers such as skin cancers, cutaneous T-cell lymphoma, acute promyelocytic leukemia, lung cancer, breast cancer, ovarian cancer, bladder cancer, kidney cancer, and head and neck cancers. Retinoids have also been used experimentally in an attempt to prevent certain types of cancer. There is ongoing research to determine their role in both cancer treatment and prevention.

Retinoids have been associated with side effects such as skin problems (dryness, peeling, itching, sun sensitivity), reversible elevation in liver enzymes, temporary abnormal lipid levels, low thyroid levels (hypothyroidism), and headaches. Taking supplemental doses of vitamin A may increase the side effects. Vitamin supplementation should be discussed with your physician."

Edited by Duul

wow so interesting Duul.

I did 20mg daily for 4.5 months (too long) and like you feel it has compromised my health more than I imagined.

So you recommend starting with a telomeres test? what is that?

you have done soo much its a very long list there

Edited by .JacktheLad.

wow so interesting Duul.

I did 20mg daily for 4.5 months (too long) and like you feel it has compromised my health more than I imagined.

So you recommend starting with a telomeres test? what is that?

you have done soo much its a very long list there

Yes good start.

Why are you so sure that the changes in your brain are caused by accutane and not something else?

Only Accutane could do something like this.

thanks. so from what i googled, this telomeres test measures the length of your chromosomes :/

do you know when you can start to use AHA's etc to help remove PIH PIE marks after stopping accutane?

what do you recommend doing? im currently taking anti biotics and that cant be good for the long term and every time i stop acne comes back - i have moderately severe acne.

there are new studies on low dose accutane which produces less side effects , maybe you started too high?

what do you recommend doing? im currently taking anti biotics and that cant be good for the long term and every time i stop acne comes back - i have moderately severe acne.

there are new studies on low dose accutane which produces less side effects , maybe you started too high?

low dose accutane is the way to go probably. about 5mg a day.

Yes the dosage was way too high.

Should have done more research back then.

wait acutane fixed your brain? i thought it damaged smtn..well anyway did it change anything in your personality and moods, energy?
and that lab where you made telomeres test, how do you think, would they do a analyze and examination on persons skin for money too? like are they capable of it and so?? is that like the best lab or there are more advanced ones. do you know any?
also, try eating alot of omega 3, like buy pills and have like 10-20 pills a day, i read here, someone cured their acne and what else like that, but anyway it should moisturise everything from inside again..on days when you eat fish, reduce pills to not get sick but yea, i think try it...

call them and ask.

I just think it's insane we are this dry.

I am as dry as someone in there late 50's.

post inflammatory hyperpigmentation - brown/dark marks

post inflammatory Erythema - pink/red marks

Yeah but what is AHA mean

wait acutane fixed your brain? i thought it damaged smtn..well anyway did it change anything in your personality and moods, energy?
and that lab where you made telomeres test, how do you think, would they do a analyze and examination on persons skin for money too? like are they capable of it and so?? is that like the best lab or there are more advanced ones. do you know any?
also, try eating alot of omega 3, like buy pills and have like 10-20 pills a day, i read here, someone cured their acne and what else like that, but anyway it should moisturise everything from inside again..on days when you eat fish, reduce pills to not get sick but yea, i think try it...

I was so tired after I took it. Very depleted. I was very depressed. Mood got better when I stopped taking the POISON.

aha - alpha hydroxy acid.

I did 20mg (considered a low dose) - it dried me up like crazy, the oil has returned already for the most part but overall a lot dryer than i was prior to taking it. Hair became brittle and fell out in places.

I lost strength at the gym and any small graze or infliction becomes a huge problem taking days to heal.

Deffo a huge regret of my life. but you cannot undo whats been done - just have to hope recovery returns to normal - perhaps it takes years. Any strong medication you take for a considerable period of time will inflict negative side effects. and they can take a long time to stabilise after such an event.

it took my stomach years after 6 months of anti biotics to recover

Edited by .JacktheLad.

aha - alpha hydroxy acid.

I did 20mg (considered a low dose) - it dried me up like crazy, the oil has returned already for the most part but overall a lot dryer than i was prior to taking it. Hair became brittle and fell out in places.

I lost strength at the gym and any small graze or infliction becomes a huge problem taking days to heal.

Deffo a huge regret of my life. but you cannot undo whats been done - just have to hope recovery returns to normal - perhaps it takes years. Any strong medication you take for a considerable period of time will inflict negative side effects. and they can take a long time to stabilise after such an event.

It's been 5 Years for me. Still recovering. Infact my dryness is getting worse.

So...maybe we can't recover.

thanks. so from what i googled, this telomeres test measures the length of your chromosomes :/

do you know when you can start to use AHA's etc to help remove PIH PIE marks after stopping accutane?

No idea.

I would wait a year.

im so sorry for you OP i hope everything does get better , the only reason why i want to try accutane (albeit low dose) is cause my acne started scarring and ive felt like ive exhausted everything

im worried cause ive taken about a full year of antis and when i got off my last course i couldnt eat properly in months (i felt like gagging with just the thought of food ) - i had to force food down and was losing weight.

btw did some of you guys take accutane with antis? ive heard bad reactions can come from that ?

generally the wait time is 6 months , after that wound healing should be more normalized - take zinc to speed up wound healing (plus its good for acne) - look at the zinc acne org reviews.

hey bud

did you also break out late crazy coming off them? i did. No i didnt take anti's with accutane. i'd never touch anti's again or accutane.

Be careful with accutane if you do decide to do it. If your acne is scarring, get on it soon and do not play with it i.e pop or squeeze anything.

accutane can actually cause scarring as well as heal it, for me it caused more scars than i had before but hopefully now the last of the acne has come to a head and been rid from my body and face i can recover.

oddly i think ive develop folliculitus on my scalp. i broke out in ichy red/pus filled bumps. i heard this can be a side effect after accutane. So i've been using head and shoulder and bite cream, i will assess the area on monday and if it has no improvement i shall go to the doctor and ask about it.

i may need anti biotics for this, or a medicated shampoo etc

Interesting post Duul.

Is it true that your doctors said it is unheard of for a Chiaria malformation to correct on it's own, so it was likely Acutane that caused it since it happened during your course?

Surprised they didn't submit a case study!

Sound like a potential useful treatment for others with a Chiari malformation, but surely the bastards woudn't properly warn patients about the unwanted side effects that may result from Accutane.

Edited by Dubya_B

Interesting post Duul.

Is it true that your doctors said it is unheard of for a Chiaria malformation to correct on it's own, so it was likely Acutane that caused it since it happened during your course?

Surprised they didn't submit a case study!

Sound like a potential useful treatment for others with a Chiari malformation, but surely the bastards woudn't properly warn patients about the unwanted side effects that may result from Accutane.

My concern are for those without my condition.

Think about what it's doing to people with normal brains!