Notifications
Clear all

How Do I Treat This?

MemberMember
(@ohgoshacne)

Posted : 12/24/2014 12:57 am

So i have occasional pimples on my chin and nose which are always red and then turn into a whit head on the 2nd- 3rd day.

However the acne on my forehead i have never been able to get rid of.

I have used benzoyl peroxide for 1.5 years diligently and have tried both 2.5% and 5% strengths with no avail.

I have attached a photo of what it looks like.

The problem is that in natural lighting you can full on see all these bumps but in home lighting you can't.

Whats weirder is that if i feel my forehead it is completely smooth, yet it looks so bumpy.

i know i have 2 actual pimples because of my hair but i don't know what is on my entire forehead?

Is it comedonal acne? Folliculitis?

please help.

thank you

im 14 btw.

post-367189-0-04181900-1419400620.jpg

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 12/24/2014 8:26 am

Moved this topic to General Acne Discussion forum

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 12/24/2014 2:19 pm

@ohmygoshacne.

Are you using an exfoliator , glycolic or salicylic acid?

Benzoyl peroxide, at least in my case, it has helped with my acne by reducing bacteria , but if I use it by itself then it clogs my pores.

I have used glycolic acid toners, like the old formula glycolic toner from proactiv, and their new extra strength salicylic acid toner , .The glycolic used to work I don't know if it does anymore(Wal-Mart has the generic equivalent equate version in their 3 step acne treatment)

The Neutrogena rapid clear ,2-in-1fight and fade orange toner works faster than the salicylic toner from proactiv.

The Neutrogena has alcohol ,I don't remember about the proactiv though.

But if you can tolerate the alcohol .

I had to use a moisturizer on top of the acne.org treatment, for that I used the clean and clear dual action moisturizer oil free, the only moisturizer that doesn't break me out.I can't use liquid sunscreens, so I stay out of the sun.

Oh I Don't use the whole acne.org regimen , only the benzoyl treatment, it works for me using other over the counter.

My skin gets unbalanced sometimes, because of my old age

this days , but when my hormones were working well .these things really did the job.

My cleansers deep clean cream cleanser from Neutrogena to use in the shower, left on face for about 2 to 3 minutes for deep exfoliation , after using the Neutrogena clear pore cleanser/mask ,(not the scrub)

The deep clean is for deep exfoliation only like once a week.

Anyways this is what I used to use and worked for me.

Best wishes, marry Christmas.

MemberMember
(@ohgoshacne)

Posted : 12/24/2014 7:20 pm

@ohmygoshacne.

Are you using an exfoliator , glycolic or salicylic acid?

Benzoyl peroxide, at least in my case, it has helped with my acne by reducing bacteria , but if I use it by itself then it clogs my pores.

I have used glycolic acid toners, like the old formula glycolic toner from proactiv, and their new extra strength salicylic acid toner , .The glycolic used to work I don't know if it does anymore(Wal-Mart has the generic equivalent equate version in their 3 step acne treatment)

The Neutrogena rapid clear ,2-in-1fight and fade orange toner works faster than the salicylic toner from proactiv.

The Neutrogena has alcohol ,I don't remember about the proactiv though.

But if you can tolerate the alcohol .

I had to use a moisturizer on top of the acne.org treatment, for that I used the clean and clear dual action moisturizer oil free, the only moisturizer that doesn't break me out.I can't use liquid sunscreens, so I stay out of the sun.

Oh I Don't use the whole acne.org regimen , only the benzoyl treatment, it works for me using other over the counter.

My skin gets unbalanced sometimes, because of my old age

this days , but when my hormones were working well .these things really did the job.

My cleansers deep clean cream cleanser from Neutrogena to use in the shower, left on face for about 2 to 3 minutes for deep exfoliation , after using the Neutrogena clear pore cleanser/mask ,(not the scrub)

The deep clean is for deep exfoliation only like once a week.

Anyways this is what I used to use and worked for me.

Best wishes, marry Christmas.

Thanks!!

I use the simple soothing toner, benzac 2.5 and then moisturizer. My cleanser is cetaphil.

I stopped using a cleanser with 2% salicylic but am thinking of incorporating the peter thomas roth aha/bha acne serum which has 10% glycol and 2% salicylic.

Will these help?

Plus do you think that it is just clogged pores, comedones etc? thanks xx

merry christmas to you too :)

MemberMember
(@ohgoshacne)

Posted : 12/24/2014 8:58 pm

bump.

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 12/24/2014 9:24 pm

@ohmygoshacne...

You are very young, you Don't need high percentage exfoliating products.

You have to take in account that your hormones are very active right now .

When you try a product, if is going to work , you will notice some improvement within a week, and of if something is irritating you will feel it right away.

I don't remember if I told you about the cosdna.com where you can check products and ingredients.

And last ,I think glycolic acid is less irritant for the skin.

See if you can stop dairy products, milk especially.

And if it doesn't clear , gets worst or bothers you a lot, then maybe a visit to the dermatologist could be a good idea.

Be gentle with your skin, it's probably hormonal acne. Also do not abuse the peroxide because it is very drying.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 12/25/2014 12:26 am

acne on forehead is usually digestive problems

MemberMember
(@ohgoshacne)

Posted : 12/28/2014 10:31 pm

bump.