Notifications
Clear all

Heres How To Get Rid Of Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 12/23/2014 10:29 pm

Hey guys, a lot of people post about having PIH and wanting to get rid of it fast, so I'm going to teach you how to SIGNIFICANTLY fade your marks.

Requirements:

Glycolic Acid cream

Cotton swabs (q tip)

2 weeks (not really a requirement, but i suggest it)

Directions:

1. Apply Glycolic Acid cream on individual spots with a q tip after you shower and wash your face. Make sure the cream is thick enough that you can't see through it.

2. Wash off glycolic acid cream in your next shower/facewash, then re-apply to spots the same way you did last time.

3. Repeat this for 3 days straight. For those 3 days you should have the glycolic acid cream on for almost the entire day. Everytime you wash it off you re-apply. Remember, wash your face only twice a day.

4. After 3 days, your spots will be extremely red, may have scabs and possibly swollen. This is normal. Give it around 4-5 days and it should return back to its normal state of non swollen-ness and the scabs would of peeled off. By this time ,your skin will peel off on top of the marks and it will be significantly lighter.

5. Repeat this process as much as you want till you see results.

Extra notes:

You're going to have some will power to do this. After the first day, your spots will be EXTREMELY itchy and may even sting a lot. This is normal, and remember that you suffer now, you reap the benefits later. You're going to look horrible in the period where your skin is healing, but don't fret. You'll thank me after the 5 days.

I suggest giving your skin 2 weeks before you repeat this process, cause its literally peeling away your skin from the top. If you're in a rush, go ahead. Your healing time may increase if you keep doing this without rest intervals, but the results will be amazing.

Good luck guys

Here is the cream I use, and it seems to have the best effect.

http://www.unitedpharmacies.com/Demelan-Cream-Glycolic-Acid.html

----

If you have any questions, feel free to pm me or post here. I'll respond as fast as I can.

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 12/23/2014 11:38 pm

Yeah,I used to use glycolic toner to fade brown spots and scars from old pimples, its kind of a temporary fix , but it worked for me, when the acne was mild, now that it become cystic, it kind of burns my skin.

Good that is working for you.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 12/24/2014 12:01 am

Yeah,I used to use glycolic toner to fade brown spots and scars from old pimples, its kind of a temporary fix , but it worked for me, when the acne was mild, now that it become cystic, it kind of burns my skin.

Good that is working for you.

Yeah I forgot to note that this is only for acne marks that arise from less severe acne. Small pustules and papules marks are affected mostly. By temporary fix, what do you mean? Once the marks are faded they don't come back unless you get a pimple on top of it again

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 12/24/2014 1:06 am

Well the dark pigmentation gets lighter ,but in the case of the toner if stopped then the pigmentation would get dark again. It has to be used all the time, for maintenance.

I used the glycolic toner from proactiv, back in the days when their toner was good.

Small scars get softer and some seen to diminish with time.same as like salicylic acid does, but you will have to use those non-stop.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 12/24/2014 3:39 am

Well the dark pigmentation gets lighter ,but in the case of the toner if stopped then the pigmentation would get dark again. It has to be used all the time, for maintenance.

I used the glycolic toner from proactiv, back in the days when their toner was good.

Small scars get softer and some seen to diminish with time.same as like salicylic acid does, but you will have to use those non-stop.

maybe because you didn't use sunscreen with it. You always have to use sunscreen when you have dark spots.

MemberMember
(@dasda)

Posted : 12/24/2014 8:36 am

If you wish to expose yourself to first degree burns then by all means use this method. This is nothing more than amateurish chemical peeling done in an unsafe manner.

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 12/24/2014 1:51 pm

@Antonthegreat ..I have mixed feelings about sunscreens,I can use sunscreens in powder form, like in make-up powder, but since sunscreens form a film on the skin, , they are really hard to remove.

I kind of discover this by accident, long story...anyways in the case of powder zinc oxide , that is one of the two sunscreens most recommended for sensitive skin, the other one is titanium dioxide.

Well zinc oxide forms a film to block the rays from the sun, well as all other sunscreens, right. I'm sounding kind of dumb here.

Ok for the zinc oxide form , that I'm trying right now(you should check zinc oxide , it's really good for skin), ok ,I noticed that when I use the sunscreen in powder form, at the beginning my face starts getting really soft , then it breaks out.why ? Because zinc oxide is insoluble in water , that means I have to remove it with oil otherwise it says on my skin and builds up.

I have been removing it with jojoba oil and some warm under the water faucet paper towels.I'm to lazy to wash the cotton washcloths

I have tried many liquid sunscreens and they make me itch.

Many internal things for us women can also cause us to develop hyperpigmentation(sp?)(damn hormones), and sadly those are very hard to remove, some women get them during or after pregnancy.

My mom was able to remove hers with a vitamin c cream. But in my case ,I couldn't,I probably would need an inside more advanced medical treatment , they are not that bad though ,I can light them with the lowest strength of glycolic or salicylic acid. I just don't want to go overboard with exfoliation since too much of it disturbes the delicate skin mantle.

Best wishes, marry Christmas.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 12/24/2014 8:05 pm

@Antonthegreat ..I have mixed feelings about sunscreens,I can use sunscreens in powder form, like in make-up powder, but since sunscreens form a film on the skin, , they are really hard to remove.

I kind of discover this by accident, long story...anyways in the case of powder zinc oxide , that is one of the two sunscreens most recommended for sensitive skin, the other one is titanium dioxide.

Well zinc oxide forms a film to block the rays from the sun, well as all other sunscreens, right. I'm sounding kind of dumb here.

Ok for the zinc oxide form , that I'm trying right now(you should check zinc oxide , it's really good for skin), ok ,I noticed that when I use the sunscreen in powder form, at the beginning my face starts getting really soft , then it breaks out.why ? Because zinc oxide is insoluble in water , that means I have to remove it with oil otherwise it says on my skin and builds up.

I have been removing it with jojoba oil and some warm under the water faucet paper towels.I'm to lazy to wash the cotton washcloths

I have tried many liquid sunscreens and they make me itch.

Many internal things for us women can also cause us to develop hyperpigmentation(sp?)(damn hormones), and sadly those are very hard to remove, some women get them during or after pregnancy.

My mom was able to remove hers with a vitamin c cream. But in my case ,I couldn't,I probably would need an inside more advanced medical treatment , they are not that bad though ,I can light them with the lowest strength of glycolic or salicylic acid. I just don't want to go overboard with exfoliation since too much of it disturbes the delicate skin mantle.

Best wishes, marry Christmas.

That was a long read but I appreciate the insight. I seem to do well with any non-comedogenic sunscreen/moisturizer. I got one from clean&clear and it works well with me, no breakouts. Good luck with your skin, hope you get it fixed, even though it isn't a big problem for you. Merry Christmas :)

MemberMember
(@ginarich)

Posted : 03/11/2021 6:06 am

I am also on retino a cream, I had to use it every day or so after using trimmer sometimes suffer from pain. Is there any permanent cure?