Notifications
Clear all

What Is This ?!

MemberMember
(@vanja0997)

Posted : 12/21/2014 6:34 pm

My dermatologist said that its a keloid , but i think its a hypertrophic scar.

What do you think ? , and how do i get rid of this thang ?! lol

post-357101-0-73100300-1419204861.jpg

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 12/21/2014 6:41 pm

http://www.aocd.org/?page=KeloidsAndHypertroph

That should answer your Q!

Also seems like you still break out on your jawline which is a sign of unstable hormones. Drink Hibiscus tea like Red Zinger and clean up your diet a bit.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 12/21/2014 11:05 pm

Looks like a hypertrophic scar, meaning it's raised but still within the boundaries of the wound. It doesn't look like it's spreading outward.

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 12/22/2014 9:47 pm

vanja 0997, I agree with you.

How long have you had that scar?

Did you try to remove a pimple or cyst ,cause sometimes doing that it can stretch the skin , and if the root of the pimple doesn't come all out then, keratin starts to build up on top and forms a scar,either inwards or outwards.

How long have you seeing this dermatologist? I don't mean to intrude,I just wanted to know for how long you have been seeing him or her.

Also , what is this dermatologist planning to do about it, or what is his advice for you.

MemberMember
(@vanja0997)

Posted : 12/23/2014 10:18 am

vanja 0997, I agree with you.

How long have you had that scar?

Did you try to remove a pimple or cyst ,cause sometimes doing that it can stretch the skin , and if the root of the pimple doesn't come all out then, keratin starts to build up on top and forms a scar,either inwards or outwards.

How long have you seeing this dermatologist? I don't mean to intrude,I just wanted to know for how long you have been seeing him or her.

Also , what is this dermatologist planning to do about it, or what is his advice for you.

So i had this scar or whatever for about 2 years and yes i had a cyst there . At the time i didnt know what it was , so i tried to pop it . I even tried to poke it with a needle than extract it .At one point i did get to extract it ,but this scar thing then grew back really fast . Ive been going to the dermatologist for about a year now . I asked her if it can be surgically removed but she told me to not worry about that , and that it will get smaller and smaller as the time passes

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 12/23/2014 8:37 pm

@vanja0997....thank you for replying to my questions.

Ok what I think is that the skin got pulled too much and stay like that .

The cyst probably stay very deep in there , probably the root of it.

Ok...now to the dermatologist, what has she done for you in regards to treatment?

I ask because I see that you are very young, and sometimes dermatologist just go around and around,I say this because I have two grown up kids that went to the dermatologist when they were younger, in my daughter's case, I accompanied her to her apppointments, so I had some saying in her treatments, due to the fact that I have suffered with acne on and off.

With my son, you know boys, they don't want to be mama's boy , so I let him decide, well too bad I did, by the time I realized it, he had been on antibiotics for 3 years, bad.

Demand an effective treatment, also read as many posts here in the acne.org that you can relate too,I have learned so many new things here , you don't have to go and do what others are doing, it might work for them but maybe not for you , just read and you will see that you have many , many choices.

I wish you the best.

And , do not force anything out of your skin, if its not easily done.

When you are using acne treatments , your face gets really sensitive, the treatments are moving your collagen, you don't want to mess up with the collagen.