Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
paigems

Hirsutism And Diet?

Slightly off topic, but since for many women hirsutism and acne seem to be related I think it's ok. Have any of you had success with getting rid of excess hair by changing your diet? My diet right now seems to help my acne, but does nothing for the excess hair.

My diet & habits made my unwanted hair much less coarse. But it doesn't go away and I don't think growth has slowed. Habits include not bathing with soap and using safflower topically as linoleic acid is a major component of sebum that functions as it should. And one of it's functions is to inhibit DHT. Drinking mint tea is another anti-androgen that's been shown to improve hirsutism.

Not rid of but growth seems to have slowed down. I still need to wax my upper lip, chin and side burns but can go for longer in between. The same diet which alternativista talks about seems to help..low glycemic load, anti inflammatory..But they also say that waxing reduces the hair growth so I am not sure which one to attribute it to..