Notifications
Clear all

They Finally Worn Me Down...

MemberMember
(@jen90)

Posted : 12/17/2014 10:39 pm

Hey everyone! I'm new here...over the years I've visited this forum for tips, solutions and just a miracle to cure my acne. I've finally decided to give accutane a try and I'm excited for this journey to clear skin! I'm nervous, but in a weird way I'm ready for the side effects (bring it on!) Anyway, I've been encouraged by so many of the logs I've read so I decided to make one myself...just in case there's someone out there like me, trying to figure out and do research to see if this the right path they want to go down...hopefully my story can be some assistance.

I'm a 24 year old black Puerto Rican female. I've suffered acne since I was maybe 11. I guess you can consider my acne mild to moderate. It's never been to the point where it has caused scarring, but being a person of color it def leaves the dark spots. I go through my share of cystic acne and it's definitely a self esteem killer. I mean I've always been considered an attractive person, but when you don't feel or look your best you don't always see what others see in you. I've gone through my share of hurtful comments such as, "you need to pop that" or "what happened to your face" or people giving you advice telling you what you should do with YOUR skin, and I just want to tell people what works for you doesn't necessarily work for others, but I've never been a blunt person so I just take the comments and just keep it moving.

I've tried everything under the sun. Proactiv, eating healthy, working out, drinking more water, staying away from junk food. I've used minocycline, doxy, fineaca (excuse my spelling) neutrogena acne mask for spot treatment, benzoyl peroxide/erythromycin. Nothing worked! Over the years, I would go to my local dermatologist and she would look at my skin and tell me to continue what I was doing...and I'm thinking huh? That's it? I wait an hour to see you and you're done in 5 minutes? I remember at one point at 16 I cried...and she had no sympathy. I vowed I wouldn't go to her again. I went to another dermatologist covered under my insurance within the same clinic but a different location...he was worst! But I stuck with him just because. Last year, I went back to the first dermtaologist and it was pretty much the same thing. She would continue to push accutane or at least mention, hand me the booklet, but never really broke it down on what it does, etc. I just wasn't having any of it. My mom always told me the doctor helped her skin and that I needed to see her often, but who wants to go to someone who isn't much help and is only available one day a week?

One day by the grace of God, my mom ran into an old coworker of hers and she explained to her she was on her way to see the dermtaologist, because she developed boils under eye from sweating...my mom got a Referral from her and we decided to see this doctor one Saturday. Honestly she was God sent. It was refreshing to come to a doctor that was totally understanding, available everyday of the week and even late, and just willing to get to bottom of this acne. And it was her own practice. On 5th ave (New York) so you know she's dedicated to her work. She immediately did cortisone shots, extractions and told me we were going to switch my regimen. I stop using the ProActiv cleanser and she actually makes her own products so I started using her cleanser that's really gentle. We did a skin test on me where they put a bunch of different chemicals on patches and put them on my back. We found out that I was allergic to benzoyl peroxide. Smh. I was dumbfounded. All these years I've been using that and that's one of the things that has been contributing to my acne?! I should sue those other doctors for malpractice(kidding obviously, but it's disheartening g to know that this is people's professions and they don't give much effort in helping those that need it...but whatever that's the past can't look back now.)

Anyway, so I started using the new cleanser, cetaphil mositurizer, aczone and spiranolactone (again excuse my spelling), my skin reacted extremely well. I didn't have not one pimple and I thought finally I can get on the right path to my dream skin. A month later after seeing my new dermtaologist, my skin broke out so bad! I've never ever seen it like that before. I had all these pimples around my laugh line, my upper lip, going down my chin. I was horrified, not only did I have pimples I had cystic ones and I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. My dermtaologist saw me last minute gave me a cortisone shot, prescribed predisone and clydmacin, and they told me yeah we need to get you on accutane because you don't want to have this lead to scarring. My mom and I were skeptical just on previous knowledge, but her and her team reassured me it's harmless. As long as you're not pregnant you'll be fine.

So I agreed and that's when the process began, as you all know it's extremely repetitive but here we are December 17th and I took my first pill. My doctor prescribed me 2 months worth starting at 20mg. As I did my research, I made sure I prepared before I started my treatment. I bought aquaphor for my lips, I switched from using aveeno moisturizing lotion to cream instead. I bought hand cream to carry with me for my hands. I bought cetaphil mositurizer with spf 50 since my skin will be sensitive to sunlight. I bought Vaseline to rub in my nostrils to keep them moist I guess. I bought eye drops for dry eyes, I bought this oil for my hair to keep it from getting dry or thin. Lol I wasn't playing...I guess that's why I'm ready. I'm not going down to these side effects without a fight. Said a little prayer and took my first pill so we'll see. I'll do my best to give updates and I promise it won't be a novel like my first post lol. I'm confident and at 24 I'm just ready to be done with acne. I can't live my life constantly looking down at times when I have a nasty planet on my face or hiding behind my hair and makeup. Although, I don't have a problem conversing with people and I'm outgoing...deep down inside I don't feel my best with this. I want the world to see the real me. Not oh she's pretty and nice but she has acne.

Anyway thanks for reading my story. Talk to you guys soon! Feel free to comment or ask me questions.

MemberMember
(@damian96r)

Posted : 12/20/2014 1:01 pm

Good Luck on your accutane treatment! I'm currently on day 29(40MG every day) & have not seen any positives yet. My face has actually gotten A LOT worse, so make sure u stay patient & don't feel down if u happen to break out early as this is common! I also haven't really had any bad side effects so I guess that is the main positive, so it really varies. I can definitely understand u when u say u wait 1hr to see the dermatologists for 5minutes haha, I recently had my 1 month visit and it lasted maybe 10minutes after a 90minute wait. But my dermatologist definitely answers any questions I have. Once again, good luck

MemberMember
(@jen90)

Posted : 12/20/2014 8:03 pm

Lol at least your dermatologist is helpful. The one I was seeing was so distant and just didn't seem like she cared. Thanks a lot good luck to you as well! But I hear you the key is to definitely stay positive. It's a long journey but we got this!

Hey guys! Just wanted to keep up with the updating:

It's Day 4 and nothing major has occurred, which I assumed since it's so early and a low dosage. I did notice everyday I've gotten a couple of pimples, and I thought they would be cystic but wound up just turning into whiteheads which is good. Today I noticed after I washed my face...I wouldn't say my face was dry and uncomfortably tight, but it did feel tight and my hands were kinda dry. I wonder if the medicine is finally kicking in or just a coincidence.

I wound up actually have a couple of drinks yesterday at my job's Christmas party. I really don't want to consume too much alcohol while on this but I made sure I just took the medicine a couple of hours later just to be on the safe side.

Anyway I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! Stay positive.

MemberMember
(@jen90)

Posted : 12/22/2014 9:44 pm

Day 6 Nothing major really to report, no dry skin or flakiness yet. Skin is still pretty oily. Does anyone know when to expect dryness on 20mg? Even though I haven't experienced that side effect yet I'm making sure I get into the habit of moisturizing every morning and night, just so when it hits I'm not caught off guard I guess. I felt like I've been scratching my hair the past couple of day more than usual , so I'm assuming that's the 'tane kicking in. I definitely oiled my hair a couple of days ago, so I know it wasn't just my hair being dry or dirty. I oiled it again a couple of hours ago, and problem solved. Other than that the only major issue I'm having is the breakouts. If this is the IB stage then Thank God, because it's not that bad. I'm kinda getting them around my mouth area, upper lip...of course someone asked me what happened, and I'm thinking really? But whatever, can't stop others from saying what's on their mind and I can't let that get to me. I definitely feel like it's the accutane kicking it, because I really haven't broken out much in the past couple of weeks and I notice I'm getting a cyst on my cheek area and I haven't really broken out there in awhile. No worries though, going to get some cortisone shots and extractions done on Wednesday. Regardless, still feeling good and drinking LOTS of water. (How fun.)

MemberMember
(@jen90)

Posted : 12/23/2014 9:42 pm

Day 7

It's been an actual week of taking accutane! I got a couple new pimples that I saw emerging yesterday, and it's right in the middle of my face...bummer. My face is a little sore from the couple of cysts that I have, I'm just glad I have a couple of days off from work to recover from the cortisone shots and extraction tomorrow. (Although I'm going out to dinner...:/ ehh what are you gonna do?) Other than that no major updates. I did notice my face extremely oily today. More than usual...idk if I was just hot or what but I looked at my face at lunch and I couldn't believe how disgustingly oily it was especially after blotting it with tissue an hour or so prior. I know I read a log on here where that happened to someone on 20mg. I'm wondering if that's the case for me too. When I got home and wiped my makeup off I noticed my face have a dry look. After I washed my face and also took a shower my skin felt dry. So I mositurized. Weird how it's either really oily and then dry...is that normal?

Anyway that's pretty much it. I probably won't be on here till after Christmas...so Merry Christmas everyone!

MemberMember
(@csacsa)

Posted : 12/24/2014 7:27 am

What type of oils are you putting on your scalp? Those oils may not be getting absorbed on your scalp but rather migrating to your face. I plan to use coconut oil on my scalp. I have not used anything on my scalp for years, but I think I should be proactive about keeping it moisturized now that I am on Accutane.

MemberMember
(@jen90)

Posted : 12/25/2014 6:56 pm

What type of oils are you putting on your scalp? Those oils may not be getting absorbed on your scalp but rather migrating to your face. I plan to use coconut oil on my scalp. I have not used anything on my scalp for years, but I think I should be proactive about keeping it moisturized now that I am on Accutane.

Nah it's not the oil...when I applied it it was earlier in the day and typically if I put oil in my hair it'll trickle down on to my forehead...the one I'm using absorbs pretty well, it just seems like I didn't put anything in my hair which is great. I always hate that oily hair feeling.

And I hear you as far as being proactive...I'm not really consist with oiling my hair, but now being on accutane....I made it part of my reigmen by oiling my scalp every other day. Plus it contains a lot of natural oils which is great so I'm expecting to have flawless skin and hair in a few months lol.

Day 9 I figured I'd update since I'm on here now. Nothing major has happened. I got my cortisone shots and extraction done yesterday...and my pimples have gone down thank God, I just really have two small ones that are noticeable but not bad. One on my chin that turned into a head already, and one near my laugh line. That's my recommendation to others...if you can make it to your dermtaologist often and it's affordable get the shots and extraction done. It's not the most enjoyable thing to to have someone inject something in your face and yesterday wound up hurting more than normal because of the pimples I had, but it's a better alternative than dealing with huge planets on your face, and then attempting to pop it yourself and leaving scars. My doctors will def be seeing my face often. Like I said, I'm not letting the side effects or acne for that matter take me down.

Other than that no major side effects. I asked my dermtaologist how long she thought I'd be on it for...she said she couldn't really tell since my acne is pretty bad...and I thought to myself really? I never really had severe acne nor scarring, but hey Idc as long as I beat this. I rather be on it long term instead of upping the dosages sooner than we need to. My skin wasn't as oily today, but it's not dry. It was just in the middle.

Anyway that's it. Till next time. :)

MemberMember
(@jen90)

Posted : 12/28/2014 4:22 pm

Day 12 Quick update, no side effects to report. I got a couple of new pimples two near I guess it's on my eye socket if that makes sense. Sounds weird, but with acne you're not really surprised where you get pimples at. The 3 near my laugh line are drying up and going down, so that's good. I also have one in the middle of my face on my left side...but it's not too big. That's pretty much it as far as actives are concerned. I figured maybe it was the accutane clearing me out, but I'm wondering since it's that time of the month is me breaking out due to that? Idk time will tell.

Last night, I decided to use my Olay Professional Pro X cleanser brush. I haven't used it in years. I had stopped using it, because when I first tried it I noticed I started getting cystic acne in quite a few places. I didn't know if it was that or what, but I just assumed it was, and stopped.

But I started thinking about it recently. At the time when I used it, I was using the ProActiv cleanser which has benzoyl peroxide and also using benzoyl peroxide/erthmycin as a topical. As I stated in my first post, we discovered I'm allergic to that, so I wonder if that and using the brush caused an irritation that caused me to breakout. But anyway, I decided to test it out on my chin instead of my whole face just in case I woke up to any irritations. I used my cleanser that I'm currently using and woke up to a pretty smooth chin. So when I washed my face again I used the brush all over on the lowest speed. I like the idea of getting a deeper cleanse especially wearing makeup constantly and all the toxics in your skin.

Time will tell however if the 'tane side effects start to kick in will I be able to use this especially if your skin becomes more sensitive. I've made sure though to constantly drink water to flush out whatever in my system and just continue to mositurize so hopefully that's helping.

That's it for now...until next time!

MemberMember
(@jen90)

Posted : 12/29/2014 10:09 pm

Day 13 Still no dry skin, but got a couple new pimples on my forehead...and like two on my eyebrow(Seriously?) Another one seem to appear near the ones under my eye (makes my right eye look swollen actually or like I have bags under eye it's so weird), one on my upper lip and a couple of small cysts on both cheeks, and two on my jawline....argh. They're not huge, but it's annoying to look at...especially while wearing makeup and your face gets oily smh. But it's cool ...hasn't brought my mood down. I did however decided not to use the Olay pro x...don't know if that contributed to the breakout or was it the medicine or the fact it's that time of the month...or a combination of everything.

I noticed my lower back ached a little today, because I was standing so long, but I'm not sure it's related to the accutane. But that's pretty much it...going for some cortisone shots and extractions tomorrow. Yay! (Both excitement and sarcasm.)

Until next time!

MemberMember
(@jen90)

Posted : 01/02/2015 12:39 am

Day 16 Technically day 16 was Jan 1st, but anyway my pimples I had a couple of days ago, have either went away, or dried up due to the cortisone shots and extraction. I do have two cysts on my forehead on the left side...no one can see them because how my hair falls, so at least I don't have to worry about people seeing that. I do have a small pimple on my chin that grew to a head and then one near the side of my mouth, but no other new ones to report Thank God. I still have a couple of cysts on the side of my face that have went down from the shots, but they're still there cuz well...they're cysts. Not really noticeable because they went down, but I can still feel them.

Besides that, I think the side effects might be kicking in a little...my lips have been dry today, and I peeled them not too long ago. They weren't unbearable but they were dry. I put some aquaphor on my lips and we're good to go. After I washed my face I noticed it looked dry. Again not unbearable, but I noticed it looked flaky...I'm not gonna lie I was a little excited to see that. I'm ready to get this process started and maybe the dryness will help fade my dark spots, and make my skin less oily. The other side effect was my eyes being itchy and dry periodically today, so I used Visline eyedrops for dry eyes.

Until next time!

MemberMember
(@jen90)

Posted : 01/04/2015 9:37 pm

Day 19 My skin has finally dried up! I noticed on Saturday my skin wasn't oily, and that my skin and lips were drier. It wasn't severly dry or flaky, but my face hasn't looked like it's covered in grease...thank God. No new breakout has occurred only one near my chin that grew to a head. The cysts on the side of my face are going down and the one near my mouth is pretty huge. Then I have one huge planet on my forehead that won't go away but other than that things are good right now.

Until next time !

MemberMember
(@jen90)

Posted : 01/05/2015 8:50 pm

Day 20 It felt soooo great to be at work , and I didn't have to pat down my face because it was oily. I did it once out of habit, but my skin was normal for once. Idk how long normal is going to last, but I'm currently happy with the process so far. My lips are slightly dry but aquaphor takes care of that every few hours. The only bad side effect I am currently experiencing is soreness. That back of my right arm...I guess my back is absolutely killing me and I'm just sore in general. I thought the soreness might be due to the fact that I went to a party yesterday and was dancing, but I don't think it was that...it's the medicine. We'll see how the pain goes for the next couple of days... I might have to invest in fish oil if it continues. Other than that the usual pimples are coming up, but aren't big and turning to heads quick.

Till next time!

MemberMember
(@jen90)

Posted : 01/11/2015 10:56 pm

Day 26 Not much to report skin wise. Lips are dry and face is dry..my body is dry too, but as long as I mositurize I'm good. I noticed my skin has been getting lighter, but I think it's just the dark spots are going away and that my actual color is showing. I'm not getting any crazy breakouts...nothing like the first week so that's good.

Now the bad part. On Friday, I felt I was getting sick and had a slight throat, but on Saturday I went to work and had a pain in my chest that was/is unbearable. It was so bad I had to leave work. I didn't know if it was because it was extremely cold or it was my lungs. But then I realized that it was possibly the accutane giving me aches. My left side of my chest is def tighter than the right and the pain is excruciating. So I wound up buying fish oil and I'm hoping that helps. If not I'm def going to the doctor

Until next time....

MemberMember
(@jen90)

Posted : 01/12/2015 9:28 pm

Day 27 The fish oil is a miracle vitamin! I couldn't believe how I bounced back up this morning, especially the pain I was in yesterday and Saturday. Don't get me wrong I'm still pretty sore and if I stretch my arm or move a certain way, my chest and my arm still pretty hurts, but it's a vast improvement, and I'm able to move around better. So I took another one today, just took ibuprofen, and going to take another hot bath with Epson salt and rubbing alcohol. That seemed to do the trick. Oh and rubbing this cream called aspercreme. It's kinda like Icyhot or bengay...basically for aches and pains.

Skin wise today I'm still good. Again I might get a pimple here and there, but they turn into whiteheads. So I'm just pushing on through till I get to the finishline..

Until next time..

MemberMember
(@jen90)

Posted : 01/19/2015 10:58 am

Day 34 So it's been a little over a month I've been on accutane! I can't believe I was so against taking this for years, and a month has literally flew by. So far I've had no complaints. Besides the initial breakout in the first week and the weird chest pain I got the weekend before, my skin has taken really well to the accutane so I thank God for that.

I visited my dermatologist on Thursday, well she's really not my dermatologist, she practices under the main one basically, but I saw her on Thurs, and she was so happy as to how my skin has improved. I even felt she was way more excited than I was lol. Don't get me wrong I am very happy the way things are going, but I don't want to get too excited just yet because the battle isn't over. Acne is such a pesky and persistent thing you just never when you'll get a flare up especially being a female and having to worry about hormones and menstruals and all that good stuff. But nonetheless I'm in a good place right now.

My blood work and everything was pretty normal, nothing out of the ordinary really. My doctor did decide for us to continue with 20mg another month just because of the chest pain I had. She told me she's never really heard that before just minor aches and soreness. But we'll see. She did perscribe me another two month supply that was 20mg as well. If anything goes well this month they'll see how I should take the next batch.

Other than that I did do a couple of cortisone shots and extractions. Maybe like 4 tops. I didn't want to continue with it because I noticed I have a couple of small indentations and that's from doing the cortisone shots so frequently. Eventually the skin goes back to normal, but I don't want to make it a habit. I don't have scarring and I just want to keep it like that, and not over do it.

Besides that the side effects have really been miminum. My skin is dry and slightly flaky, but mositurizing twice a day takes care of that. Sometimes I don't even wash my face in the morning just because it's so dry and for the simple fact I washed my face late the night before. Lips are dry but aquaphor takes care of that. And just minor aches but nothing unbearable. I started taking fish oil so that helps, plus this vitamin called Be Beautiful from GNC. It's beneficial for hair skin and nails so that's a plus. And as far as breakouts I really don't have any pimples, just small ones that come up and go down in like a day or so. I do have two cyst on my right side of my face. And I believe a small one coming up on my left, but they're not too huge so I'm cool.

Anyway sorry for the long update, it's been a few days! Until next time.

MemberMember
(@jen90)

Posted : 01/24/2015 10:35 pm

Day 39 Quick update. No major side effects. My skin isn't really flaky, or really dry now it's just normal. I still mositurize anyway. No aches or pain. I even started going back to the gym, went three times this past week and haven't experienced soreness. I truly believe it's the fish oil. As far as breakouts, since my last update I did get a pimple on my forehead, one under my eye and then another one under that pimple near my laugh line. You could of probably connected them with a straight line. Weird how that turned out. But the one on the forehead and laugh line went away in like a day or so. The cyst I had on my right side turned into a head and dried up. The only massive planet I have wound up being the one under my eye and on my left side of my face.

Other than that nothing else really to report. Going to my doc on Wednesday and probably will do bloodwork then.

Till next time.

MemberMember
(@jen90)

Posted : 02/11/2015 10:59 pm

Day 57 Quick update. It's been awhile, but everything is going pretty well. Only side effect really are dry lips, but I've always had dry lips so it doesn't really bother me. I just apply either this lip balm that I love or aquaphor depending my mood lol. No soreness or anything to report. My skin is clearing up and my skin is lightening up as well. I'm not breaking out as much only around my period, but it's not severe. It's annoying but you deal with it. I went to see my doctor today. Blood work is fine and it's nice that my doctors are noticing how my skin is improving. Only pimples I had today was under my eyebrow above my eyelid and a huge cyst on my jawline on my right side of my face. Other than that...no complaints. I decided to have those injected with cortisone shots, because I felt like those were places that I could deal with if I happen to get an indentation from the shots. Did some extractions and that was that. So after that my doctor decided to up my dosage to 30mg for the third month so I'm pretty excited to move the process along.

It really feels great to be able to walk out the house without makeup and not have my head down. I mean my confidence isn't completely there yet, but I feel good about my skin. I start my new dosage on Monday so we'll see how it goes.

Till next time.

MemberMember
(@jen90)

Posted : 03/03/2015 10:12 pm

Day 77 It's been awhile but I figured I'd update. It's my second week on 30 mg and things are going great so far. Still not much side effects to report. No aches or sores, skin is dry but nothing unbearable, and my lips are always dry but, once I apply aquaphor throughout the day I'm good. The indentations I had from the cortisone shots filled in from last time I updated. I only have one deep one right under my eye above my cheek bone, but I'm not sure what's that from since I never had a pimple there. I keep applying trentinoin there hoping to have it fill in, but it's not bad and it's only one so whatever. Other than that my breakouts have been minimal it feels great to wake up and not noticing 10 huge planets on my oily face. I want to say for the past week or so I wound up not getting any pimples until last week cuz it was that time of the month again. I did notice they were small. I mean noticeable but not embarrassing like in the past. They also go away quick as well. A couple of my friends and my mom have told me my skin looks great! And it's just an overwhelming feeling when people notice that and it's only been 3 months so far! I thank God that this journey has treated me well so far.

Besides that that's really it to report. Only other thing I noticed this is the second time during my accutane course that I've had an upset stomach, after eating food that I always eat. Not sure if it's a coincidence or the medicine, but whatever. I'll def mention it to my doctor next week when I go in for my monthly check up for 'tane.

Till next time!

MemberMember
(@jen90)

Posted : 03/25/2015 10:53 pm

Day 99 New upadate. Can't believe tomorrow will be literally 100 days I've been on this medicine. But it's been a week since I've been on 40 mg and my skin is clearer than ever! Every week it gets clearer and clearer. Thank God! My skin is just about dry as it's been on the other mg. My lips are constantly dry but not to the point where they crack or are bleeding. I'm not getting many zits really just here and there. And the thing is I've eaten a little poorly the past two weeks. Had pizza fries wings candy etc. Normally I'd regret it because I'll wake up to a bunch of pimples on my face. But nothing! Maybe 3 the most on my stubborn side, but they weren't even big. I def don't want to make a habit of eating like that, so I'll monitor that going forward. Sometimes you get those cravings though especially around that time of the month so we'll see how that goes.

Anyway until next time!

MemberMember
(@jen90)

Posted : 03/28/2015 10:13 pm

Day 102 quick update. I noticed I got a little breakout. Not bad, but a little more than I typically have been getting. I know the medicine is working though because they aren't big nor all over my face. Just again as I stated previously my stubborn side. I know though this breakout was my fault because, I not only got weak and ate junk food close to that time of the month, but also probably a little over confident thinking I'll be fine. But I learned my lesson and will stay away from the junk food from here on out for awhile.

Anywhoo that's it. Until next time. :)

MemberMember
(@jen90)

Posted : 05/15/2015 9:50 pm

Day 150 It's been awhile since I've updated. It's been probably been a little over a month and I've been on 60 mg. Since I'm taking absorbica, my dermtaologist perscribed me two 30mg a day so I've been doing that for almost a month. No problems as far as my skin. It's not severely dry and moisturizing once or twice a day it's solved. Only effect really has been my lips. They get so dry but nothing that's unbearable. As soon as I apply aquaphor...it's like God sent. My skin is completely clear. Except when It was the time of my menstrual a couple of weeks ago. It was more than I've gotten lately, but it still wasn't too bad. I think me stressing the week before that, made it worst, but It's funny now that my skin is clear the smaller pimples stand out to me. Besides that I don't get pimples everyday or every other day anymore. If anything it's once a week, if that. Even the dark spots have basically faded. I've gotten compliments on how clear my skin that it's overwhelming. I'm thankful my journey has been kind to me for the most part.

Now the bad part. I've been getting upset stomachs. Maybe at least three times a month or so. I've never been one to have issues really with my stomach either. And it's not even the stuff I'm eating. I get these random bouts, and didn't eat anything. I honestly feel like the accutane is to blame. My dermtaologist claimed that maybe it was a stomach flu or something going around. But it's just been too often for it to be just that. So this past Thursday, I went in for my monthly check up and the head dermtaologist saw me, and told me to stop taking it until I see a gastroenterologist and see if I may have IBS or something. My first concern was well what if I'm off of it for awhile am I going to breakout again? Idk I felt she wasn't really comforting like she typically is, and I felt she was just pushing one of her products on me.

With that said, I did take the advice, and take some test and will go see the GI doctor next week. But I'm not spending awhole week off. I notice when I take a couple of days off things go back to normal. I truly believe my digestive system is just getting sensitive to the medicine and needs something to regulate it. So someone I know recommended me to Kombucha soda. If anyone knows anything about kombucha tea it's loaded with a lot of probiotics, enzymes and whatnot. I was going to take regular probiotics, but apparently this stuff is official and gets raved reviews because of its taste and health benefits. Tried their lime soda today and it was pretty good. It detoxifies, lowers blood pressure and has less sugar than soda and other soft drinks. So I'll take a break from the tane until Sunday and just drink this stuff everyday going forward to get my stomach out of whack, and just overrall health.

Anyway until next time!

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 05/15/2015 9:58 pm

Day 150

Now the bad part. I've been getting upset stomachs. Maybe at least three times a month or so. I've never been one to have issues really with my stomach either. And it's not even the stuff I'm eating. I get these random bouts, and didn't eat anything. I honestly feel like the accutane is to blame. My dermtaologist claimed that maybe it was a stomach flu or something going around. But it's just been too often for it to be just that. So this past Thursday, I went in for my monthly check up and the head dermtaologist saw me, and told me to stop taking it until I see a gastroenterologist and see if I may have IBS or something. My first concern was well what if I'm off of it for awhile am I going to breakout again? Idk I felt she wasn't really comforting like she typically is, and I felt she was just pushing one of her products on me.

With that said, I did take the advice, and take some test and will go see the GI doctor next week. But I'm not spending awhole week off. I notice when I take a couple of days off things go back to normal. I truly believe my digestive system is just getting sensitive to the medicine and needs something to regulate it. So someone I know recommended me to Kombucha soda. If anyone knows anything about kombucha tea it's loaded with a lot of probiotics, enzymes and whatnot. I was going to take regular probiotics, but apparently this stuff is official and gets raved reviews because of its taste and health benefits. Tried their lime soda today and it was pretty good. It detoxifies, lowers blood pressure and has less sugar than soda and other soft drinks. So I'll take a break from the tane until Sunday and just drink this stuff everyday going forward to get my stomach out of whack, and just overrall health.

Anyway until next time!

Yeah, accutane must have messed up your digestive system some. I hope your acne stays gone! In the meantime, it's good your working on healing your body while your acne is gone. That may keep it from coming back. I have leaky gut acne, myself. healing has made my acne go away (and less of a problem when I cheat on my diet).

Good luck! Hope you heal!

MemberMember
(@jen90)

Posted : 05/15/2015 10:39 pm

Day 150

Anyway until next time!

Yeah, accutane must have messed up your digestive system some. I hope your acne stays gone! In the meantime, it's good your working on healing your body while your acne is gone. That may keep it from coming back. I have leaky gut acne, myself. healing has made my acne go away (and less of a problem when I cheat on my diet).

Good luck! Hope you heal!

Definitely! I truly believe we can just rely on medicine to help heal our bodies. Need some natural alternatives as well. But thanks! I hope the same for you as well. :)