Notifications
Clear all

Does Doxycycline Make Your Skin Dry ?

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 12/17/2014 7:13 pm

i stopped using clindamycin for a 2 days to let me skin heal because it is so dry and flaky,red

and it still is even though i been using only moisturizer for past 2 days

so does doxycycline have a effect on your skin ??

MemberMember
(@padresfan644)

Posted : 12/17/2014 9:34 pm

I had been prescribed doxy for moderate to severe acne and though it would help. I maybe saw slight improvement for a couple of weeks but then I was back to the same. It didn't effect my skin to adversely. You may experience slight drying of the skin. Not to much more than that.

Hope Doxy works for you...

Cheers

MemberMember
(@luckykitkat)

Posted : 12/18/2014 8:59 pm

I was on doxy for 3 months for my hormonal cyst acne. It never made me dry. It made me more oily but it worked. :)

Just keep moisturizing your face for about a week. I think you used too much of the clindamycin so it's been drying the skin.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 12/19/2014 1:32 pm

i stopped using clindamycin for about 4 days now and my skin still isnt back to normal even when i moisturizer daily

MemberMember
(@luckykitkat)

Posted : 12/21/2014 10:36 pm

Have you tried exfoliating? What moisturizer do you use? Depending on how dry the skin is it will take more than just a few days. Drink lots of water too. Have you tried face oil? It'll help hydrate the skin. I would do this at night though.

MemberMember
(@hapamommy)

Posted : 12/22/2014 12:31 am

No, it doesn't. You should be moisturizing anyways to keep your skin hydrated. It helps with healing. The doxy makes you more susceptible for sunburn so make sure you use sunblock. Good luck!