Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yhaoolex

how to choose mineral makeup and apply it

I am from korea. and suffer the acne for two years. I have used B5 method for 1 month. It works!!! But I got a lot of redness spot after acne. I want to use some mineral makup to cover it and at the same time, try AVC to treat them.

I have no idea of makeup things. It seems mineral makeup is best. what kind of mineral makeup and color should I choose. Do I need some foundation or power?

I have read all the posts about makeup for guys. I am still confused.

I really needs the help!!!

Thank you.

Hi there!

If you're able to find mineral cosmetics in Korea, or if you know of a company that ships outside of the US, then mineral makeup would be an excellent thing to try! Most mineral foundations are in loose powder form, so they're really gentle for your skin. You can apply them as concealer or all over to smooth out your skintone. Just be sure to find one that doesn't contain "bismuth oxychloride" or "cornstarch", as those two ingredients have a known history of minor skin irritation, which may aggrevate your acne.

I hope that helps a bit! It's great to see that a guy that isn't shy about asking for makeup advice! It's nothing to be ashamed of -- we all want perfect skin, so you're not alone!

Take care!

Thanks, Jess.

I am studying in USA right now. I have ordered some samples from Alpha Skin Care. I will see if It works.

anyway, I have some sense about makeup after diving in this forum.

good luck for your company.

There are soo many mineral make up out there! I have to wear Mineral Makeup to cover up my scars because I break out from over-the-counter concealers or foundation. So basically I use mineral make up to spot cover. Just don't get Bare Minerals. Very expensive and it has Bismuth Oxychloride which makes your skin itch. I heard good things about ASC too.

Also Try:

www.glymagic.com/index3

www.aromaleigh.com

There are soo many mineral make up out there!  I have to wear Mineral Makeup to cover up my scars because I break out from over-the-counter concealers or foundation.  So basically I use mineral make up to spot cover.  Just don't get Bare Minerals.  Very expensive and it has Bismuth Oxychloride which makes your skin itch.  I heard good things about ASC too.

Also Try:

www.glymagic.com/index3

www.aromaleigh.com

I am trying the Alpha now. I received the samples in the mail today. My skin is sooo sensitive, I can not wear any other make-up! MAC, Covergirl, Prescriptives, Clinque, Neutrogena, MaxFActor, Loreal, and on and on I could go but, they ALL break me out!! Anyway, so far I have had the Alpha on for 8 hours and nothing- no reaction so far. Usually, I begin to itch within the first hour. Even the rice powder breaks me out. I have the Palladio Group's Natural Rice Oil Absorbing Rice Powder. It might be the talc in it that's creating my reaction. Not sure.

Even the rice powder breaks me out. I have the Palladio Group's Natural Rice Oil Absorbing Rice Powder. It might be the talc in it that's creating my reaction. Not sure.

That stuff contains a lot of fragrance too that might be causing an allergic reaction. (Most of it isn't actually rice powder either). If you want to try an actual rice powder, you can buy bags of rice powder/rice starch (not rice flour) from decent asian groceries or certain online soap maker supply stores.

I've had a lot of luck with Canary Cosmetics. There mineral makeup doesn't contain any fragrances or other bad stuff. biggrin.gif