Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MsDominatus

Jess's Acctuane Files.......

I tried to make my own journal at Tripod.com but that got to be too much work so I figure why not start one here, where everyone else has theirs?!!? A little backround on me. Im 22. I have been dealing w/ acne since I was a teenager but it was never really bothersome and usually was covered pretty easily w/make up. I had my son at age 20 and during the pregnancy and ever since my skin has taken a turn for the worse. The doctors said it would take a year or 2 for my skin to go back to normal but it never did, and in fact got worse and has started to scar. It's not as bad as some acne but im really fair skinned and it scars really easily so they suggested accutane. Here I am on day 5 and a lot has changed....

First of all my skin started to get oiler but i've researched this enough to know that would happen. I started with some leftover blemishes related to that time of the month. A few on my shoulders, my back, along my jawline, hairline and like 2 on my cheeks. I also have a lot of clogged pours and some blackheads scattered about on my face. I break out on my neck a lot too. I hate it too because I have short cute hair but I feel like the breakouts cancel out the time I put into my hair. Most of them were starting to go away a little. On about day two I had a minor breakout. This could be do to my skin getting oiler - im not sure. But the thing is that some of them were different. They came out so fast that they didn't seem to be cystic or inflamed much but instead just came right to a head and basically washed off when I washed my face! Im cool w/that. So far no initial breakout like i've read about. My face is peeling a bit, gets a little flushed sometimes too. My lips are starting to dry out and peel, its really odd too because its not like they are chapped.. just PEELING off. I really haven't had any major side effects (yet). I don't know if this is due to the delay in actually getting the script because I started loading up on vitamins and drinking tons of water and really exfoliating my skin w/ glycolic acid cleanser because I knew I wouldn't be able to once I started. I don't know if that has helped at all but really other than that i've only had a mild headache maybe 3 times. The 2nd day I had a little bit of a back ache before bed. This morning (day 5) I awoke and overslept through my alarm which I never do. So I think some the fatigue and tiredness has kicked in because I slept SO hard last night. Anyways, when I stepped out of bed my feet were so cold and apparently dry that it felt as though they were gonna crack on the bottom (gross I know) but they didn't. So operation moisturize from head to toe (literally) is in effect as of today. I haven't really noticed any significant changes until today. Up til today things were clearing up really fast and in an odd way. They would just dry up and practically fall off my face. I wasn't expected it to work so fast, and was a little concerned about the effectiveness and side effects of the generic (im on amnesteem) form but apparently my worries were unecessary because it seems to be doing its job. Anyways, when I look at my face close up after washing it at night I can literally SEE all the crap thats been stuck in there, pushing its way out of my pores. Its not a nice site to see, but that just tells me its working. My pores look a little larger, but im certain they won't be the end of the treatment. Back to the changes......... this morning after washing my face and applying my moisturizer (Loreal Future E w/pure vit E and spf 15 for oily skin, cetphil is still too much for my right now) my skin was sooooo smooth. like some of the little clogged bumps are starting to fade and the texture has manged to stay smooth and unoily since I woke up at 630 am and it is now almost 10 am. This had made me feel much better, and even though I know the possibility of a break out is always there, i plan to take this one day at a time and be happy about the condition my skin is in right this very second rather than worry about what could and most likely will happen in the near future. I still have healing breakouts on my neck/jawline which looks pretty icky but now that a lot of the bumps and stuff are fading, im starting to see how much of what I thought was breakout, is actually scars. sad.gif Make up does an alright job of covering this up though, but im reaaaaaalllly trying not to wear any.

I plan to make this more organized and consistant but just thought I would bring everyone up to date!

Just so everyone knows - this is what im currently taking -

80mgs Amnesteem

60-80 oz of water a day....... seriously drink water its soooooooo good for you.

400 iu of Vitamin E - 2x per day

Biotin

Calcium + Vit D

Vitamin C - 2x per day

I plan to add some other things to my vitamin intake as well when I can afford it and will update this list as well.

For my face im using.......

Cetaphil for oily skin......... anyone notice that regular cetaphil makes their skin feel all filmy?? I don't like that..... my skin isn't dry enough yet for that.

Apricot scrub for sensitive skin to get rid of flakes.. I only do this once a day - usually at night.

Loreal futre E for oily skin w/spf 15 liberally at night and just a little in the morning

I plan to make my own exfoliator when I get some cash. I've been learning how to make my own scubs and such from essential oils and natural products and am trying to find a good gentle safe recipe for people using accutane. Wish me luck!

I think this is just like any other thread, where I just keep replying, only im replying to my own thread? Right? Right.

Day 8.

My lips have become extremely dry and it seems like im constantly putting aquaphor on them. I like this stuff but there has to be something out there that actually heals my lips and puts moisture back in. I have yet to find it. I do throw a little Burts Bees on them from time to time but even that doesn't cut it. I saw neosporin lip treatment but hesistated to buy it only because I can't keep investing money into things that suck ass and then sit in my drawer for years. (im totally neurotic in my spending on things related to my body ie: I have far too many high end shampoos, conditioners, face washes, scrubs.. you get the gist...that I don't use)So if anyone has used this or something else that actually heals rather than just protects, please feel free to post and let me know.

Skin is dry and my neck and chest have started to get itchy. My face is peeling a bit but it still feels oily can you believe it? I gauge this by how many clean and clear absorbing clothes it takes to become matte. Right now im sitting at 3 which is a one count drop from 4, exactly one hour after applying make up. 4 sheets to get the oil off my face! Thats nuts. And expensive considering those things run about 5 bucks a pack. Ive been using cetaphil sometimes but man that stuff is far too greasy. Perhaps my skin isn't dry enough for this stuff, it seems to make the oil worse so im sticking w/future E by loreal.

One thing im starting to notice after a week is that although when I get a zit it comes out fast and get white right away and sometimes I need to squeeze it slightly (it doesn't take much these days to 'pop' one) it stays really red afterwards. Like it wasn't red at all, and then i only practically touch it and it turns red. My breaking out isn't how I expected it to be. Like they come out so fast that they don't even stay in that under the skin/painful stage for very long. Perhaps im luck or maybe this is how it usually goes, i don't know. But what I expected from an initial breakout, was insanity all across my face. So far so good, but thats not to say that the chance of it happening aren't still there and I have accepted that it most likely will get worse before it gets better. My cheeks are getting really smooth along w/ my forhead. My forhead never broke out badly but was usually full of bumpy clogged pores - especially by the end of the day. Now at the end of the day its a lot smoother than it used to be. Im just so suprised at how quickly little things like that which drove me nuts more than a bigger more painful blemish, have started to vanish. The problem spot for me has always been my neck right by my jawline and ears, cheeks and hairline. Im still breaking out there but between the blemishes is smoother skin that I didn't know exsisted because it was usually inflamed. So, thumbs up to that.

I got this stuff called Zum Rub, its made by a small company in the US which specializes in all natural products. Their motto is "if it were any more natural, you'd be naked!" lol Its a moisturizing salve for anywhere on your body, even your hair. Its patchouli scented and I love it! It works really well too. All their soaps are made from goats milk which is far more moisturizing than regular soap. I got some of that also. And there are essential oils and some other great stuff in them that I can't think of right now. They also have little exfloiating chunks in them so as yu're cleansing your body you're moisturizing and exfloiating. The best part is that they are scented w/essential oils. A few to name are patchouli, frankinsence and myrhh, and lavender. I bought the pathcouli bar, which has been my scent for years. 2 bucks and this stuff makes my skin feel soo nice after the shower! I've been trying to learn how to make stuff like this on my own for awhile along with scrubs and salves. Money is the main factor that has prevented me from starting to do this but meanwhile im learning as much as I can. There is nothing more that I like and want than to be as natural as possibly (I mean as far as my body goes, what goes in or on it. lol, when it comes to make up and hair thats a whole different ball park) Anyways, im off on another tanget but this is something ai really want to do, and until then I found some great products. If anyone is interested they have a site - www.indigowild.com

Back to 'tane. I had a few headaches this weekend, and I got pretty nauseous one day but I think thats because I only took like a sip of water with my pill rather than a whole glass. Mostly what has been hitting me is fatigue. Today was the second day that I slept straight through my alarm for 2 full hours. I had to rush to work, half away, looking like ass. Oh well, its just weird more than anything because typically im easy to wake.. and that doesn't mean I get out of bed, but usually the alarm has no problem waking me up. I guess im going to have to put it closer to my head and turn it up. ughh.

My paranoia about getting my hair done while on tane was not needed. It looks great! I was thinking about growing it out, but my stylist and I decided to keep it short til the 'tane is over with just to help combat the dry hair, and hair loss. I guess the shorter it is, the less likely I will lose it. anyways, the colors turned out great... I kept some platinum chunks and then foiled in some chesnut brown and some dark burgandy. It looks really fall - like and im happy.. although of course its going to fade. I think its about time they come out with a way to permanently make your hair grow the exact colors you'd like them to be, and then at any time you should be able to change it and NEVER worry about it fading...... yea right.

Im also drinking plenty of water and green tea. Green tea is so great for you! And it's pretty good too, not much to it. It helps with my water intake and also cleanses your system and is jam packed w/ vitamins. It' super soothing as well. I highly reccomend adding this and any other antioxidants to your daily intake when you're on accutane. It just feels like the healthy thing to do.

So as of right now..... I have....... a few active zits, many red spots on my right side of my neck, and a few on my face. Most of them come and go too fast to count so i can't throw out an exact # right now. But things are progressing so far.........

Day 9

Face is itchy! But I know I can't touch it too much and that sucks. Also, my back was very tight after the shower this morning even with the goat's milk soap. Operation total body moisturization had been neglected for a few days but is back up and running as of this morning. I have a few active blemishes, but like I was saying, the bumps and stuff in between them are really smoothing out and over all my face looks more even toned (probably because all of it is flushed a bit). My scalp was also itching terribly last night, like uncontrollably and that truely sucked but I had to try my hardest to not itch it because I don't want my hair to fall out!

My back doesn't appear to want to clear up. Its not bad, but I figure the skin back is different than the skin on my face and will probably take longer. My neck and back also itch, im just itchy all around and that really sucks.

I pumped up the volume on my alarm this morning to see if I would still sleep through it but I didn't. It still was very difficuly getting out of bed, even though I got to bed at a reasonable time last night. 'tane definitely makes you tired. Like I don't feel tired but as soon as I hit my pillow im out cold. And then the morning comes way too soon, and i feel like im hungover when I drag myself out of bed.

Suprisingly no back aches or body aches. Sometimes when I walk around too much in heels (I wear really chunky shoes/boots) my shins will hurt and they didn't used to, but other than that, i had a mild back ache the 2nd day and nothing since.

Eyes are also significantly dryer yesterday and today, like it feels like my eyelids are sticking to my eyeballs. I haven't wore my contacts in a week. I have super cute glasses, luckily but Im not even going to attempt to wear those for awhile.

Funny as im typiing this my leg starts throbbing. I hope I didn't jinx myself!

I hardly have any lips left. My friend felt them the other day and said they felt like rubber. There is only a very thin layer left, just to keep whatever is underneath in there, no bleeding yet.

This stuff is so odd. Im trying really hard not to pick and I had this big zit on my cheek yesterday and just let it go. I itched my face later on in the afternoon and it just FELL OFF! Hardly anything came out afterwards too, just fell off, just like that. Gross, but very cool too cause it wasn't all swollen and icky is if I popped it. So, don't picK!!! cause they fall off on their own! at least mine do.

Somehopeleft - good to hear someone reads this!

More tomorrow..........

My gosh! I am soooo tichy. My back, my neck, my head, my face, my nose...... this sucks. Im breaking out a bit too. Not bad, but I can feel them wanting to pop out. I sense the 'breakout'. Dayum. Also, my hair seems extra oily too and limp. Today is not a good day, but under make my skin does looka lot better and a lot less oily so Im trying to stay positive.

Day 11

I am SO not happy today. Im so dry! Which is obviously what is supposed to happen, but its getting worse. The 'tane is really starting to kick in. Yesterday my head itched. This morning after I got out of the shower and headed to work, I looked in my rearview mirror and CHUNKS were falling off of my scalp. I've always had dry scalp and I used a lot of product in my hair which contributed to that.. but THIS is sooo much more obvious. I totally shouldn't have gone darker in my hair color because the dryness really shows up. So I analyzed my scalp when I got to work and Yup! Pretty damn crusty and dry. Which doesn't suprise me either because my chin this morning was like shedding off. I have no lips left, as i've said before. I just keep aquaphor on them though, and really they don't hurt and are not uncomfortable at all. I can totally tell when the aquaphor has worn off though because they tighten up big time - just a reminder to apply more. My back is getting better, it was never terrible on a persistant basis, however, when it did breakout it took awhle for them to go away. Now I can feel smoothness (and dryness) which is so so great and raises my confidence level up a lot. I know its winter, but its nice to forcast (and get ahead of myself a bit) to the summer and finally being able to wear opened back shirts, halter tops, etc. I've always avoided those like the plauge because im a perfectionist, and if there was but one tiny bump, it could not be seen. As if my face isn't bad enough you know??

So the breaking out im having is mostly along my jawline, chin, neck and hair line. My forhead is almost perfectly smooth and my cheeks are getting there. Im trying soo hard to not pick but sometimes it itches so badly or they hurt. Overall, w/makeup on my skin has improved a lot. I can actually put moisturizer on this week. Last week my skin was still too oily. I have come to the conclusion that the reason im suddenly drying out so much more than I expected is because last week I was drinking 60-80 ounces of water a day and I ran out and haven't been back to the grocery store so this week, the water intake has decreased A LOT. This is so much proof that water intake is crucial when you're on this medicine. Not that accutane wouldn't be kicking my ass anyways, but Im pretty positive that vitamin and water intake helps my body defend it at least a little.

I could pinpoint all the areas that are irritatingly dry, but who cares?!?! Im dry in the oddest of spots.. like RIGHT in the middle of back where its difficult to reach to itch. And behind my ears is bad too! Whatever, its just everywhere.

I need to shave my legs and am wondering if thats risky or what. MY skin is dry there was well, do I dare take a razor to them, or will the razor pulll up the dry skin with the hair???? Someone? Anyone have experience with this?

Oh yea, did I mention I also have like NOOOO energy. Last night I had so much to do but instaed, just layed in my bed, tried reading and litterally was falling asleep mid-paragraph so I dropped the book on the floor andwas asleep before I hit my pillow.

Overall, these are things I can live with. My boss and I were talking and she said its a good thing we have such great people here where I work so that, over the course of the 5 months if all my skin falls off and I come in looking like a huge crust ball, everyone will still love me just the same. Its good to have that support.

Hi.

Well I read your posting too. Hmmm. How's the dosage goin now?

In high school I had problems. On my nose, my forehead, just random bullshit all the time. I was on tetracycline, minocycline, clindoxyl gel, everything. Just this year I started ACCUTANE. I started with, shit i forgot. It was 60mg I believe. I did that for four months, stopped for 1/2 a month, acne slowly came back sad.gif . Then I upped it to 80mg for another 4 months. 1/2 way through that 4month period, I upped it to 120mg. Right now I have 22 days left on it. I am dry as hell, but mass amounts of vitamin E on my face and arms helps, as well as vitamin E coca butter on my lips. I am 21. Sure I got depressed during this time, but maybe it is worth it. And by the way, at 120mg, even after you put on the vitamin E on your face, the dryness will conquer. I come out of the shower, dry up, within 10minutes my face around my mouth is like pure white with dryness and my forehead and cheeks are pretty shiny. It's some crazy shit. What is the highest dosage any of you know of that anyone has taken? By the end of my 'treatment' it will be 8months. Some days are just depressing. I work 7 days a week...been doing that for the last 75 days, and I just recently quit smoking (TRYING HARD FOR GOOD). So you can imagine what hell i am going through.

Pete

Hi.

Well I read your posting too. Hmmm. How's the dosage goin now?

In high school I had problems. On my nose, my forehead, just random bullshit all the time. I was on tetracycline, minocycline, clindoxyl gel, everything.  Just this year I started ACCUTANE. I started with, shit i forgot. It was 60mg I believe. I did that for four months, stopped for 1/2 a month, acne slowly came back  sad.gif . Then I upped it to 80mg for another 4 months. 1/2 way through that 4month period, I upped it to 120mg. Right now I have 22 days left on it. I am dry as hell, but mass amounts of vitamin E on my face and arms helps, as well as vitamin E coca butter on my lips. I am 21. Sure I got depressed during this time, but maybe it is worth it. And by the way, at 120mg, even after you put on the vitamin E on your face, the dryness will conquer. I come out of the shower, dry up, within 10minutes my face around my mouth is like pure white with dryness and my forehead and cheeks are pretty shiny. It's some crazy shit. What is the highest dosage any of you know of that anyone has taken? By the end of my 'treatment' it will be 8months.  Some days are just depressing. I work 7 days a week...been doing that for the last 75 days, and I just recently quit smoking (TRYING HARD FOR GOOD). So you can imagine what hell i am going through.

Pete

Hi Jess,

That dryness must be so annoying eusa_wall.gif .

Sorry, can't help you with the leg shaving question eusa_shifty.gif .

Keep up the good work and you'll be clear in no time eusa_dance.gifeusa_dance.gif !

well it looks clear, except i had this huge one on the left side of my forehead. some ppl asked whut it was...i said i got hit in the head with a hammer eusa_doh.gif

i just hope that when i'm done with this, it's finished and over, i can have as little acne as the average person. right now, i don't like being seen as my lips are SOOO excessively dry and flakey and i just don't look right. heh to be honest i wouldnt want to talk to someone who looked like me right at this moment as i do now. eusa_boohoo.gif unless they were a good friend and i knew whut they were awn.

well i juss hope this is all she wrote for my acne ... im done november 30th... drinkin the first weekend after that.

pete

well it looks clear, except i had this huge one on the left side of my forehead. some ppl asked whut it was...i said i got hit in the head with a hammer  eusa_doh.gif

i just hope that when i'm done with this, it's finished and over, i can have as little acne as the average person. right now, i don't like being seen as my lips are SOOO excessively dry and flakey  and i just don't look right. heh to be honest i wouldnt want to talk to someone who looked like me right at this moment as i do now.  eusa_boohoo.gif  unless they were a good friend and i knew whut they were awn.

well i juss hope this is all she wrote for my acne ... im done november 30th... drinkin the first weekend after that.

pete

sorry to hear your skin is really dry... im dreading that happening to me, im on day 8, approaching you. so far no side effects, my lips are a little dry but i just load them down with balm and stuff... good luck!! itll get better im sure!

sorry to hear your skin is really dry... im dreading that happening to me, im on day 8, approaching you. so far no side effects, my lips are a little dry but i just load them down with balm and stuff... good luck!! itll get better im sure!

Day... I dunno.. 12?

What is there to say? Im dry. Like a f*cking desert. But my face is clear other than the stupid breakout on my chin and jawline! They just keep coming, And I made the mistake of picking like a dumb ass and yes, the rumors are true... redness revealed itself on my face in shades I had hoped it wouldn't. Daaaaaammmn. Every last damn inch of my body is dry. Even my nipples. Thats right, I said it my fucking everything. It wouldn't be so bad if it were just dry.. but it ITCHES. and Its totally my own fault for not sucking down the water I say im going to. So tomorrow when im out shopping, im loading up on bottled water because god forbid I lower my self to tap water (im so rediculous sometimes). My forhead... is so clear and smooth in comparison to where it used to be.. and thats a real itcher as well. I spent the day feeling like ish w/a headache, chest ache, rib ache.... the works. Basically I felt like I was hit by a bus. Fun times. I know this is all part of the process so I shouldn't be whining but I've had this day that went from bad to worse to terrible and I just felt like whining. Did I mention I flooded my house? Yep. One stupid little measly black sock got stuck in the laundry tub and plugged it up while I did an extra large load of laundry. Where does the water go? On the floor through the floor into the basement. YAY! I get to soak it all up w/towels (in the workings) and then proceed to vac up the water in the basement. Fun times I tell ya. Perhaps the Gods are trying to tell me something about water.. you think? Like HAY Jessica, this our way of hitting you over the head with your own stupidty.. stop whining about being dry and start soaking up water all day. Im just an idiot sometimes.... I need a drink...................... of water. Good night all.....

eusa_sick.gif I know it sucks. I'm on day 200 and something eek.gif

I know what you're going through and much more. At higher doses, it works better, just like anything...

One thing that'll keep your mind off it is:

I HAVE A PROBLEM. I'M DEALING WITH IT THROUGH THESE PILLS. IT WILL GO AWAY. IT WILL WORK. I MADE THIS CHOICE.

it only takes 4-8 months to be done and over with for the average person. just LET GO. LET GO OF ALL YOUR WORRIES. pick up some small hobbies, anything to keep your mind off it. buy a huge container of vitamin E cream for your face and arms. Buy a vitamin E container of coca cream..its almost waxy shit...use that for your lips. just in the mornings cleanse your face, to tear off all those dead skin cells before or after your shower. right away put on the vitamin E on your face and arms, then mass it on your lips. whenever u feel like bitching as yer probably used to it... smack another wad of vitamin E on right away, you won't feel anymore dryness for a while. forget about it. let go for those 4-8months... there are worse things out there than 'tane remember that. you could be a crackhead on the streets missing some teeth...

<ARNOLD> QUIT WHINING YOU LITTLE GIRL!

ps. i'm on 120mg of 'tane atm. i just quit smoking, and i don't ever want another. and i'm workin my best friend in to quit the pawt and smokes too.( and its working) ... fucking addictions are retarded i swear. I HATE FAST FOOD.

pete

forget about it. let go for those 4-8months... there are worse things out there than 'tane remember that. you could be a crackhead on the streets missing some teeth...

Hey Guys! I'm new here... I've been on accutane for just over a month and man did I get an inital break out... it was SO rough.. my skin was never that bad ever.. and it's so dry now.. but it's gettin so much better! I only really have red marks! Which is awesome.. everyone is doing so well.. I'm sooo glad people can talk about their trials through the drug together.. it makes it a lot easier!

Keep up the good work guys!!!!!!!

Hiii

You are the only person who's really made a meaningful post in my topic, Haven't heard from you since!

Sorry to hear that your skin is so dry and the like...

Anyway, things are going really well with my treatment, like, superb, and i'm only in my 2nd week (knock on wood)

I keep my face moist at night with scarzone gel and polysporin, so far it is working really well, and lately my lips have been getting real dry, but i load on Burts Bees, it seems to be working well, but im going to get some CortiBalm, ive heard it works miracles. Anyway, hope to hear more on your progress!!!

Day 15 - I typed a wonderful journal entery yesterday but it did not post!~

The initial breakout is marching its way to the homefront. Yup, im broken out all over my jaw line. Its okay, im not tormented by it as I have had lots of warning and would be stupid to think that I'd be one of the lucky ones. The masses were not kidding when they said things would be redder than usual. The bumps themselves dry up pretty quickly.. like in a day if I don't pick (which is difficult because as i've mentioned before everything ITCHES) but the redness is unbelievable. You know what though? Who cares. Nothing in this life is easy, and if in 5 months from now im completely clear, these red marks will be completely trivial. Not to mention my deeply treasured MAC Studio Fix compact covers them up just fine. Another thing that keeps my mind off the red and at a positive level is the fact that FIVE different people in a matter of 10 minutes over this weekend told me my skin was noticeably better. Can you believe that?? Even w/the breakout, I got comments like "its so even now, not so blotchy" (probably because its all around rosey now) and "There isn't any shine anymore, it looks like you just put your make up on" (actually my make up had been on for a good 6 hours) and "It looks so much smoother" (and it does, between the damn zits. but my forehead is remarkably different - I never had breakouts up there, like I did elsewhere on my face but it was always bumpy ). "there aren't as many little bumps" (much like my forehead, in addition to the pimples I got on my cheeks, hair line and jaw line, I would always have clogged pores and black heads, especially by the end of the day after my face had been saturated by its own oils all day.) So the fact that other people are commenting on my skin without my asking 'how does it look? does it look any better?' is wonderful. It helps pull my focus away from the negative crap thats associated w/the drug.

Dryness has become tolerable again. And I can completely hand the credit over to the case of bottled water that I bought over the weekend. Im going to try really hard to not fall down on that one again. Considering it only took a few days of drinking water again to make my dryness disapate a bit, means that water is certainly a key factor in my sanity right now. Lips are still really dry. Im still using aquaphor because its the only thing that will, without a doubt, bring my lips back to false homeostasis. By false I mean, they really aren't back to normal but they FEEL like they are and thats all that matters smile.gif . I got neosporin lip treatment thinking it would help big time and to be honest, while it did feel like it might be medicating the dryness, it wears off really quickly and didn't seem worth the $ because at that rate i'd be buying a bottle like every 3 days. I still use it at night underneath my auquaphor - I notice the aquaphor helps hold it on my lips over the night.. in fact now that I think of it, the two together are a great combo because my lips felt a little better this morning.

Dry scalp has came, conquered and is still lingering a bit but its a little more manageable now. It was honestly only TERRIBLE for like 2 days, and thats because you could SEE my scalp peeling of chunks. Nasty. Now its still flaking but its more so just on my shirt and pillows and as paranoid as I can be, I check my shoulders every 10 minutes or so anyways.

Im on the lookout for a new face wash. I like cetaphil but as a make up wearer it doesn't feel like its getting all the grime off. I mix the original with the one for oily skin - which works a little better. I also use LOTS for the moisturization and w/hope that it will clean a little better. I got paid today so im going to go check out some other products. What I'd really like to do and talk about doing all the time is making my own cleanser, but while on accutane I don't think its going to be wise to experiment with my face while my skin is so sensitive. I mean I know a lot about essential oils and natural rememdies and stuff already, but its the combining that I still need to learn about, and the bases to scrubs and washes and the like that im not ready to experiment with - because we could DEFINITELY end up w/a disaster there. So, I think im just going to go check out Target and perhaps a natural store and see what they have. I also won a free facial and 15 dollar gift certificate to Mary Kay, which isn't a product line I would typically consider but hey - its free. If I find something great, of course i'll tell you all about it.

Here's something I tried on my blemishes last night - and if anyone feels the need to step up and tell me to not do it again, please do because im ignorant to this. I was reading in another thread about epsom salts. Apparently they are great anti-bacterial agents, and help reduce redness (which is what caught my eye). They bring the blemish to a head much faster - which now that I think of it, isn't possible in my case because thats what accuatne does and I can't imagine the salts would over power the 'tane. Anyways, I still tried it last night. Not the way they described - where you leave it on overnight, because I feared the 'tane interacting w/the salts or something. They basically dry out your pores. So I put the solution on all my whiteheads. Well this morning they were all dried up! I mean obviously they were not gone, but less red and the whitehead moved into its next stage of life - the scabby thingy. Which means its on its way back down. NOt sure if this was the salt or not but even it certainly didn't hurt. It makes sense though, since salt does dehydrate you. I wouldn't suggest a 'tane user use this all over the face but for those white heads that you want to speed up their dying process, this SEEMED to work. Could just be a figment of my imagination though.

Im lowering my intake of vitamin E. I've read lots of different reports on it and decided that 400 iu was good enough for me. Im also, when I can afford it going to load up on some more vitamins to add to my regimen such as Co-10 and L-Lysine and a few herbs. I was drinking green tea for a good week straight but ran out, and am now thinking that taking a supplement would be better and more effective since it will just right into my pill case. HOWEVER, I do know that drinking it is far more effective still, if you stick to it, since digesting it in its liquid form will get it into your blood stream faster. someone, please correct me if im wrong. Also, if anyone knows of any other good vitamins I should be considering while on the 'tane - good for skin, liver, etc please share!

Now... my new topic to whine about for the week............. fatigue. Its really starting to hit me. Im trying not to drink caffeine because I know it will dehydrate me, but how do I combat this overwhelming urge to want to sleep ALL the time? This morning in traffic I almost got into 3 accidents from falling asleep behind the wheel. Now, granted I don't get much sleep to begin with (which is probably where I should start to fix this issue) but still this is asinine - how am I going to pull through for 4.5 more months feeling THIS tired? I seriously feel like I could sleep forever.

Thanks to all who are reading. Like I said, I wrote this great entry yesterday but it didn't ever post and I was too frustrated to write again.

Acnehater - thanks so much for the shampoo recommendations, next time I get my hair done Im going to try out Pureology because a LOT of salons around here sell it, just not mine. smile.gif

ejd2005 - I am reading your journal dawling, just haven't had the oppertunity to comment. I think its great that I can talk w/ people who are in the same part of their treatment as I am. Good luck!

I'll be pretty brief today.

Skin is oil free. This is odd. It's odd to look at my face 4 hours after I apply make up and have it still look fresh. Someone was talking about the combo between cetaphil and MAC studio fix make up. I've been doing this since day one as well and it does work out well. I just wait a good 15 minutes before puttinig on the MAC and im good to go, and it like 'sets' perfecting and any red marks or blemishes are hidden pretty well.

Im still dry. But not like all over. My face obviously and I did get a little rash on the inside of both of my elbows for a few days, but that's gone. My skin was feeling tight for a few days but that is also gone. my face is patchy-dry in places where blemishes are healthing. Other than that its not as smooth as it was due to dryness and an overwhelming amout of blackheads and clogged pores surfacing. MY eyes though.... this is new... they are getting dryer every day. So im going to go get some eyedrops today. I haven't worn my contacts since I started, imagine if I had tried... no thank you. my Hair also seems like it has less life to it, and is very dry and limp after I wash it. Luckily I have a closet full of good hair product to help aid this issue.

Speaking of black heads. I have like blackheads in places i'd never dreaM! (on my face) Basically I just had them on my nose, a few on my chin and randomly on my face. But now it seems like every single pore has something in it - whether its a black head or not is beyond me. don'y be alarmed. Its what the 'tane is supposed to do. Its pushing all the oil out. Unfortunately I can't pick, and even if I try im afraid my nails will slice my skin open. Also, because of the dryness and lack of oil in my skin, its not easy to squeeze black heads out. Its not like it was before where I would stretch the skin on my nose and out they would come. anyways, its cool, I know its part of the process and that I need to trust that process. Make up certainly helps.

As far as breaking out - still am.. along jaw line and cheeks. Most of them are in the healing and reduction phase. I can feel some under the surface though. People are still complimenting me though, so either A) the make up is doing a good job of hiding them and the redmarks, or B) im making a bigger deal out of these than I shouldbe. Either way, or both... whatever. Im so not going to let this breakout get to me, im sure i've had worse but even if it does get worse, it can't be anything compared to the relief and satisfaction that I will most likely have once treatment is done.

Other than that, lower back pain here and there, but its nothing I can't tolerate - and could be also related to the IUD. No headaches as of the past few days. If have gotten one, its breif. Mood seems okay as well. No bloody noses however, I do notice an increase in crusty try boogers stuck in there tongue.gif