Notifications
Clear all

Mom Gets Angry At Me Everytime I Tell Her I Should Stop Eating Foods Cooked With Oil (I.e. Fried Foods)

MemberMember
(@kodroute)

Posted : 12/15/2014 2:54 pm

It saddens me so much. This thing even makes my relationship with her worse. She gets so angry with me. I already told her that it's not healthy and it's bad for acne but she says it's all rubbish and that I'm crazy. I have acne and I want to clear my skin up. I already changed my diet (low carb) but sometimes I've been eating oily foods as well. She says that everytime anyone sees me how skinny I am they blame my mother for not feeding me well. I lost some weight but I don't care, I want my acne to go away. She just swears and says it's all rubbish and stupid and all that stuff. She also said that she will no longer cook for me if I want to eliminate the oil.

Help guys please, I'm almost crying. I'm 18 years old. There are plenty recipes that I know but I'm not really familiarized with cooking foods, complex recipes and that stuff.

Thanks guys!

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 12/15/2014 3:27 pm

well you need to explain that to her and if you have a job/money you can learn to cook its pretty easy

you can cook food with oil but it has to be organic virgin coconut oil its the healthiest

my parents are like that too and there asian maybe yours are too

or you can try to trick em if the dont believe you because mines are really stubborn regardless the real facts

tell em the doctor said it does ? or youre becoming a vegetarian, theres alot of things you can say just think

MemberMember
(@kodroute)

Posted : 12/15/2014 3:32 pm

well you need to explain that to her and if you have a job/money you can learn to cook its pretty easy

you can cook food with oil but it has to be organic virgin coconut oil its the healthiest

my parents are like that too and there asian maybe yours are too

or you can try to trick em if the dont believe you because mines are really stubborn regardless the real facts

tell em the doctor said it does ? stuff like that lol

No they're not asian (me neither lol :D). I'm from Europe. Everyone in my family eats like normal. I'm doing this 'change of diet' for acne. Thx

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 12/15/2014 4:08 pm

wow man im going trough the same thing ...regardless of what im saying my mother thinks its all crazy and wont give up cooking with oil ...and since im a med student ...i tough at least she'll be open to my opinion ....but no ...finally ...i learned to cook simple meals ...and im starting to learn new ones .....if this keep me clear ...i dont care if i have to eat the same food again and again ....plus maybe if ikeep nagging her over and over again ....someday she might listen to me ...or just go to my univ dorm ...the food there is so shitty that they dont even care to use oil in cooking ...got love them for that

sorry for my english

MemberMember
(@naturald)

Posted : 12/16/2014 6:37 am

She should be more understanding. Have you explained to her that easting like this makes you feel good & clears your acne. Tell her what you eat affects your hormones and eating like the way you do helps to balance your hormones.

Oil is okay. What oil does she cook with? Coconut oil & Olive Oil is fine, probably some others as well.

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 12/16/2014 6:49 am

Give her a big jar of coconut oil, virgin. Or, tell her that you have some weird reaction to other oils and you get some rash from them... "Do you really want to go around itching all the time? Shouldn't food be good for me?" you can ask her.

Or start cooking for her and yourself, that way you can chose what you eat and perhaps make her happy too. I had to do this. Haha.

MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 12/18/2014 3:41 pm

OMG!
I'M IN THE EXACT SAME BOAT AS YOU.
Except my case is more severe..
My mom knows I shouldn't eat deep fried foods, but I always tell her, I'll say NO to:
-White sugar

-High carbs
-High Sodium
-Soy
-Too much meat

And she just wants to fkin smack me in the face.
SIgh...
Why were we born like this..

KodRoute liked
MemberMember
(@mk04)

Posted : 12/18/2014 3:52 pm

Sorry to hear that. I was somewhat on the same boat but I work so I buy my own food and don't eat what my mother cooks anymore, unfortunately. My skin's been clearing so she doesn't say much anymore but you know how they are.. They'll always say something lol

Good to see you're cutting out carbs (grains I hope) if your acne has been a bit more severe/persistent. Either way, I think the best way to go about it is make your own food.

Don't forget: People who don't/never had acne will never know how it feels. Ignore as much as possible and keep your head up.

I only knew how stressful acne could be once I started getting it after high school.. Prior to that, of course I didn't care about it since I never had issues.

Good luck and keep up the diet!

MemberMember
(@kodroute)

Posted : 12/18/2014 5:09 pm

Thanks guys for your answers! I think I have no other choice than making my own food.

DaileeH liked
MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 12/18/2014 6:38 pm

When my make my own food my mom gets mad -_-
She's all like "Clearly, you don't need me anymore"
Or when I make my own food it's SOOO healthy and portions are so little, that it's just considered unacceptable to her.

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 12/18/2014 7:39 pm

My mom and my evil grandmother were mean to me about my diet changes. After my mom kicked me out, I went veggetarian (for the animals) and then got tested for food sensitivities. I saw a naturopath and got tested for it in my city.

http://www.yorktest....rink-scan-test/

Apparently that's a good place to get tested for it if you can find a place to. il90 (a member) refered me to it.