Notifications
Clear all

Really Depressed About New Scars

MemberMember
(@juliette01010)

Posted : 12/15/2014 1:49 am

I used to come here when i was actively suffering from acne. Now i am not (gluten was the cause), but i have lots of scars on my cheek now, but i have kind of made piece with it. But i got 1 new cystic acne on my cheek last week and my acne on the cheeks have always given me scars unless i get cortisone shots... At first i thought it was just a small pimple so i didn't think of getting a shot..but it turned out to be a big cystic one that leaves a scar. It has given me a couple of new, big, red scars in the middle of my cheek and i was feeling so depressed for a few days. I have been better for a while again, but my sister commented on it today so I was reminded and got depressed again today... The new scars look horrible, dented and so red.. So prominent. It took years for my old scars to become almost like my skin colour again with dermarolling, it will take ages for me to make it look not as embarrassing! just wanted to vent here...

MemberMember
(@animals)

Posted : 01/04/2015 2:52 pm

I am glad you are writing it and getting it out of your system. i am currently dealing with this too and i actually have gotten my scars to look way better than before. so don't give up you can get rid of your scars, it just takes work. I've never heard of cortisone.

MemberMember
(@the-uphill-battle)

Posted : 01/05/2015 12:37 am

I'm so sorry. I know that feeling of doom that sets in when you see a new scar, especially when you didn't even touch the pimple! Not fair. I scar really easily, it is pretty much guaranteed with most of the acne I get. It really, really sucks. There are so many treatments out there though, spendy, but effective. In the mean time I would dermaroll and keep your head up. Just know there's hope! And you're not alone.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 01/05/2015 6:44 am

I used to come here when i was actively suffering from acne. Now i am not (gluten was the cause), but i have lots of scars on my cheek now, but i have kind of made piece with it. But i got 1 new cystic acne on my cheek last week and my acne on the cheeks have always given me scars unless i get cortisone shots... At first i thought it was just a small pimple so i didn't think of getting a shot..but it turned out to be a big cystic one that leaves a scar. It has given me a couple of new, big, red scars in the middle of my cheek and i was feeling so depressed for a few days. I have been better for a while again, but my sister commented on it today so I was reminded and got depressed again today... The new scars look horrible, dented and so red.. So prominent. It took years for my old scars to become almost like my skin colour again with dermarolling, it will take ages for me to make it look not as embarrassing! just wanted to vent here...

Congrats on finding the cause of your acne. Please try not to obsess about your skin, as difficult as it may be. Keep yourself busy and productive to take the focus off of your skin.

I find that time helps make scars less shallow and less noticeable. Also, I have been trying out diamond-tip microderm and it has made my scars a bit less prominent. Also, a healthy diet rich in vitamin C helps a lot too!