Notifications
Clear all

How Can I Get A Tan With Acne Scars?

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 12/14/2014 11:51 pm

My acne is entirely under control, and Ive begun attacking the scarring and hyperpigmentation with lasers and retin-a.

The problem is, I have avoided the sun as much as possible for the past 8 or so years and Im pasty white. My skin tans fairly well, but Ive stayed away from it to prevent darkening the red marks and scars. My skin tone is so uneven as it ranges from brownish/colorless scars, to redness, to pasty white clear skin. I look ridiculous.

Does anybody still try to tan with acne scars? I live in the north and its obviously not tanning season, but I would like to try once spring rolls around. Will I be ok if I just slap some sunscreen on my face?

MemberMember
(@pianina)

Posted : 12/15/2014 7:22 am

Tanning is not an option if you really want to make the appearance of your scars better and especially if you're using any retinoid creams or doing laser surgeries. Both make your skin more sensitive. In fact, you should do the opposite and try to avoid the harmful UV beams with a good sunscreen both on sunny and gloomy days.
Skin tone can be effectively improved with exfoliation, AHA and BHA masks (I'm using the ones from Paula's choice, they're pretty good) and staying OFF the sun.

MemberMember
(@krabb)

Posted : 12/15/2014 10:04 am

Usually I have used pure chimp products to make my skin clear and and smooth.

Highly recommedned to use them for solving your skin problems.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 12/15/2014 10:38 am

so basically tanning for acne scar issues ? wont work and will make it worse

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 12/15/2014 5:48 pm

I should clarify that I will be off laser treatments come spring time, and I can go off the retin-a.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 12/15/2014 6:40 pm

Skin tone can be effectively improved with exfoliation, AHA and BHA masks (I'm using the ones from Paula's choice, they're pretty good) and staying OFF the sun.

I think I am going to try it. How do you mix it in with the regimen? I currently use a cleanser/BP and retin a/moisturizer to control my acne.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 12/17/2014 1:27 am

God this forum is useless.