Notifications
Clear all

Would Salicylic Acid In Foundations Be Safe To Use While On The Regimen?

MemberMember
(@sassypants)

Posted : 12/13/2014 11:15 am

http://www.almay.com/products/face/foundation/almay-clear-complexion-makeup.aspx

I have found this one by Almay but I'm not sure if it will cause irritation because it has salicylic acid in it.

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 12/13/2014 12:31 pm

Hi

My daughter has been using that concealer for about a year now (while on the regimen) and she loves it! I think that the amount of salicylic acid in it is so low that it does not cause irritation (1% I believe), You should be fine with it unless your skin is super dry or already irritated from the benzoyl peroxide. Just my opinion.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 12/13/2014 3:03 pm

Have you tried salicylic acid before?

I tried that foundation from almay ,but it made my face itch.

I also tried a salicylic acid pressed powder from proactiv and had the same reaction.

I guess it would probably depend on each person,according to how sensitive or reactive the skin is .

I used a salicylic acid toner from Neutrogena for awhile without a problem and now I react to it ,the toner still does the job ,but if I use it now ,my skin gets red and itchy.

I guess sometimes we have to treat our skin depending on how the skin feels that day ,which is kind of a guessing game,as in my case. Or maybe I overdid it with the use of various chemical exfoliators at the same time.

MemberMember
(@sassypants)

Posted : 12/13/2014 6:21 pm

Hi

My daughter has been using that concealer for about a year now (while on the regimen) and she loves it! I think that the amount of salicylic acid in it is so low that it does not cause irritation (1% I believe), You should be fine with it unless your skin is super dry or already irritated from the benzoyl peroxide. Just my opinion.

Good luck.

Ok thanks! I'm probably going to buy this foundation

Have you tried salicylic acid before?

I tried that foundation from almay ,but it made my face itch.

I also tried a salicylic acid pressed powder from proactiv and had the same reaction.

I guess it would probably depend on each person,according to how sensitive or reactive the skin is .

I used a salicylic acid toner from Neutrogena for awhile without a problem and now I react to it ,the toner still does the job ,but if I use it now ,my skin gets red and itchy.

I guess sometimes we have to treat our skin depending on how the skin feels that day ,which is kind of a guessing game,as in my case. Or maybe I overdid it with the use of various chemical exfoliators at the same time.

Before, I used facial washes with 2% salicylic acid in them and i found that they didn't really do anything. I just hope it doesn't make my skin dry out while on the regimen!

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 12/13/2014 6:39 pm

Facial washes can't do much, because salicylic acid needs to stay in the skin to work , and washes don't stay long.

I used to use the Neutrogena deep clean cream cleanser and I used to use it in the shower after cleansing my face with a peroxide wash from Neutrogena .The salicylic cleanser I would leave it on my face for a couple of minutes and felt that it was the only way it would work .

Just remember that you have to be very careful with exfoliation , not too much , overdoing can lead to thinning and damage to the skin that would take awhile to recover.I talk from experience , sometimes dry skin is the beginning sign, from either under exfoliation or over exfoliation.