Acne Disappeared Af...

Notifications
Clear all

Acne Disappeared After Delivery

MemberMember
(@hina2014)

Posted : 12/12/2014 11:40 pm

I haven't logged in here for a while...but I used to be a frequent visitor. I am 35 yrs old now. I had moderate acne since I was 17 right until 32...I tried pretty much everything on the market for acne and nothing really worked. The only thing I didn't try was accutane. Then I got married, became pregnant and had a baby at 32...And my acne seems to have disappeared after delivery, touch wood and thank God!!! Its been 2 years now that I am acne free. I had acne even during my pregnancy...but something happened after delivery and the acne has been gone since...I am wondering if there are any other women out there like me here?

MemberMember
(@kimchiimonsturr)

Posted : 12/13/2014 8:35 am

A gravid female will have volatile hormones fluctuating wildly during pregnancy.

MemberMember
(@jmtm18017)

Posted : 04/18/2015 11:45 am

My skin was great a few weeks after birth until a few months after I stopped nursing my son. He was about 11 months old when I officially stopped nursing. Shortly after that, the acne came back. My mother, who had five kids, swears her acne was terrible as a teen and was much better after she had her first baby.

Birth control pills never helped my skin remain clear, though, and spironolactone never helped, either, so I'm not sure what it was about the nursing that helped my skin.

MemberMember
(@stillacne)

Posted : 04/19/2015 9:41 am

hina2014,

(Although a bit late, ) congratulations on having a baby. And congratulations on being acne free.