Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pee

Getting A Tattoo While On Isotrex Gel?

So I have an appointment with my dermatologist in January and if he agrees with my GP then I should be starting Roaccutane. Before this I wanted to get a tattoo so I could have something positive on my skin to focus on.

I know that getting a tattoo while on Roaccutane and for up to a year after isn't advised and I'll definitely be abiding by that, but I was wondering if it was ok to get one before this kind of treatment? Also I'm a bit uncertain because I'm currently applying Isotrex gel to my face and I know it contains a small mount of isotretinoin.

I love tattoos, I have several, but I don't want to risk getting one if the ink will leak or fade because of the Isotrex

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Pee x

as long as its not taking oral and just topical i think its fine

Thanks for the input leading force! That was my opinion too. I might lay off the gel a little bit in the run-up to my appointment just to be safe but I can't imagine there'll be much isotretinoin in my system anyway as I use the gel very sparingly.

Thanks again!

Pee x