Notifications
Clear all

Advice Please

MemberMember
(@jenjen84)

Posted : 12/11/2014 6:52 pm

Has anyone had fraxel done with excellent results? I'm thinking of doing fraxel and my scars seem light, but my dermatologist said that there's no way to fully get rid of scarring. I kind of dont believe her since mine are mainly surface scarring but then again maybe I'm just trying to be hopefull

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 12/12/2014 7:26 am

There's people out there that have gotten completely rid of their scarring or to a point where it's pretty much unnoticeable. So keep your hopes up. As far as fraxel goes, it really depends on the type of scarring you're dealing with. If you don't mind, I suggest you upload a pic of your scarring. That would give us an idea!

Nydude and Jenjen84 liked
MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 12/12/2014 9:44 am

what type of fraxel? i had 1 session of the fraxel restore dual and i would say it didnt do very much. i almost think of it as a glorified ipl where my skin turned brown and had a sandpaper feel to it and then a few days later it peeled off. some of my indented scarring looks a bit better after a few months but i think to get decent results you have to get between 5-6 sessions. the place i go to has the fraxel restore dual and that is supposed to work a lot better because it has a 1927 laser & the 1550 laser. i might try that if i dont get dermabrasion done.

one thing to note is that the laser hurts like a biatch! i've had chemical peels, ipl's, various laser treatments etc and this one hurt the worst. i felt like somebody was putting a blow torch to my face and that was after 1.5 hours of having numbing cream applied. so anyway they can do the procedure quick like 10-15 minutes so once you get through that your face is hot and then it quickly subsides. good luck to you!

Jenjen84 liked
MemberMember
(@jakefromcleveland)

Posted : 12/13/2014 1:53 pm

I have been getting Fraxel treatment for the past 4 months. My derm told me it usually takes 5 sessions for good results. I just finished my 4th treatment and am starting to see results now. My scars weren't bad before, but Fraxel has definitely helped. It get more painful with each session because the increase the intensity each time.

Jenjen84 liked
MemberMember
(@jenjen84)

Posted : 01/09/2015 3:31 am

Thanks for the feedback and ouch sounds painful!! I'm surely not looking foward to the pain but I'm obsessed with pretty skin and I would do what it takes to get smooth skin.I have done chemical peels and those hurt very much I've had 3 done with no results and that that my skin wasn't that bad to even begin with but as time goes on I'm scaring more and more.

And I wanna try fraxel repair

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 01/09/2015 9:54 am

Just a note if you think chemical peels are painful than you will really be in pain with fraxel especially if you are getting the repair it goes much deeper than the restore. I am going back for more treatments and the lady that does the laser on me said to take Tylenol before the appointment and she said it will hurt a lot more than the last one I had. Blah! Not looking forward to it but if it works it will be worth it. Its just amazing that they numb you up for an hour beforehand and then you are still in so much pain. I compare it to somebody putting a blow torch to my face. Ouch!!

MemberMember
(@jenjen84)

Posted : 01/22/2015 7:00 pm

A blowtorch omg!:( I'm not gonna look foward to that I hope results are worth it

post-374094-0-85775600-1421970992_thumb.

First time I have ever done this ugh no matter wht I do to it these scars remain

MemberMember
(@jhole)

Posted : 01/22/2015 7:06 pm

check out ematrix Ive seen some good results with that.

Jenjen84 liked
MemberMember
(@random3r)

Posted : 01/22/2015 10:29 pm

if they are flat and just a little brown or red with no raisedness or texture, leave them they will go!! How long have you had them for? Otherwise, again if they are just flat and pigmented or red, fraxel restore or a similar non ablative laser will take the colour out :) I wish mine were flat and not indented! x

Jenjen84 liked
MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 01/23/2015 9:11 am

your skin looks great! i dont think you need to do anything. i dont even see any scarring in that pic. you are very pretty!

Jenjen84 liked
MemberMember
(@jenjen84)

Posted : 01/25/2015 1:12 am

Thanks! But I do have some scarring :/ brown red spots plus uneven texture.well maybe not as deep but its there:( and it bothers me much.i once though the chemical peels I've done before would completely remove it and it didn't and to think my skin wasn't that bad you would think it would completely go away so there goes my money down the drain I'm just hoping fraxel is different I just wanna be able to not have to always reach for my foundation I wanna be able to just run out without my makeup on for once.

And getting tired of my weekly glycolic salycidic treatments ugh!:/

MemberMember
(@tadamasa)

Posted : 01/25/2015 2:59 am

I had 4 treatments of fraxel restore and specifically speaking for acne scars like rolling, icepicks, etc. There's very little improvement, and it's really expensive so the cost to %improvement is definitely not worth it. Oh yeah it also hurts so bad, you will need to be squeezing something for the entire procedure. I heard someone on the forum say that dermatologist will always try to persuade patients to try laser since it makes them a lot of money. Which is true because they sure got me.

MemberMember
(@jenjen84)

Posted : 01/27/2015 1:21 am

Yes I wish I knew my scarring type anyways good thing is it is mainly surfaced but stubborn I don't want restore I want the hard core repair in hope for better results :/ ouch ugh idk I'm kinda not gonna look foward to that type on pain

So are you not happy with your improvement tadamasa?

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 01/27/2015 10:25 am

do you have any type of indented scarring? if you just have red and brown marks you dont need anything crazy just get ipl or v-beam for those. that should do the trick. i cant imagine a doctor would do repair on you since your skin looks so good. if i were you i wouldnt take the chance of messing up your beautiful skin.

Jenjen84 liked
MemberMember
(@tadamasa)

Posted : 01/27/2015 12:54 pm

Yeah I don't feel satisfied with the results, but then again I only did get the fraxel restore. You'll probably be more satisfied since you arent expecting to see results on any serious scarring.

Jenjen84 liked
MemberMember
(@jenjen84)

Posted : 01/30/2015 10:19 pm

Yes I have indentations but its mainly surfaced.and I hear you on the fraxel restore but I'm looking for good results so I figure to go deeper I hope it turns for the best.I'm starting to dout and feel depressed about the not good result laser:( ugh my hopes crushed.

I really appreciate the advice thanks:)