Notifications
Clear all

Product Reccomendations While On Accutane? Cleanser+Moisturizer Needed

MemberMember
(@lightofmylife)

Posted : 12/10/2014 11:18 am

I'm starting accutane in a month and i'm really at a loss for what cleanser and moisturizer i should use. I'm looking at products and reading reviews and it's all overwhelming!!

i currently use cetaphil face cleanser and neutrogena sensitive skin face lotion. I think the cetaphil is decent, but i've heard about how SLS can irritate skin? so maybe i should switch. Also, i've used that neutrogena lotion forever and i don't particularly love it. My skin seems more red after i put in on.

i was really convinced of using the Cerave line of cleansers and moistuirzers, but then i read some reviews that they clog pores. UGH.

I thought they sounded really promises more my sensitive- EXTREMELY clog-prone skin.

PLEASEEEE RECOMMEND ME GOOD PRODUCTS!!

MemberMember
(@sarahlous)

Posted : 12/11/2014 1:09 am

Cetaphil gentle cleanser is definitely the way to go. As far as moisturizer I'd suggest Cetaphil as well. I don't slather moisturizer on though - I put small amounts where I see any flaky/dry skin. If you're concerned about clogging your pores I'd look into using an oil instead of traditional moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@hapamommy)

Posted : 12/23/2014 3:31 pm

Cetaphil is the way to go. I also use Elta MA facial moisturizer and mix it with Cetaphil Moisturizing cream to give it more of a kick. I was with the Cetaphil Gentle cleanser not the facial one. This is less drying. I don't have any problem with clogged pores and my skin is super sensitive. Hope this helps!