Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Savannafreeman

Dry Flaky Skin After 4 Months On The Regimen!?!?!

I started using the regimen about 3 months ago and so far have seen some good results with acne clearing up. My only issue is the ongoing dry, flaky spots. I made sure that I followed the directions diligently although the first couple weeks I may have increased BP too fast so I stopped completely and started again so I could ease into it. I also use the jojoba oil with moisturizer morning and night. After 4 months I could still only use one fingers length BP and I do breakout in areas that are most dry. I have been using barely any BP the last couple days because I was so over the dryness. What do I do? Start over? Starting to get discouraged. I know theat lots of BP is what really makes the regimen work and I don't know how to achieve clear skin if I can't use very much. Hope someone can help. Thanks!

Edited by Savannafreeman

Are you using two full pumps of moisturizer twice daily with 5-6 drops of jojoba oil each time? Have you tried adding the AHA lotion to help exfoliate the flakes? http://www.acne.org/faq.html#dry

If the weather is cold and dry where you are, you could also consider running a little humidifier in your bedroom at night. This adds moisturizer to the air and in my experience can make a big difference during the winter time in the skin.