Notifications
Clear all

Subcision 🙂

MemberMember
(@liberte)

Posted : 12/08/2014 10:48 am

Hello all!

I did my first subcision treatment on Friday (this is my 4th day). 

My first intention was a subcision and fillers. I came to the doctor and I explained her, that I want fillers, but she was against it. She said, that she does fillers, but in her opinion I don't need any and the subcision by itself should be enough. She mentioned as well, that I will need most probably more than 1 treatment. She thinks, that I am too young for the fillers and my skin has the ability to cope with the scars by itself. She warned me as well, that I won't have a baby skin anymore, so I shouldn't expect that. Thats completely okay with me, I just want my skin to be better (not perfect).

My skin was numbed for 20 min with the numbing cream and I took some painkillers.The procedure took quite long. I didn't check the time, but it was about 1,5 to 2 hours I would say. My doctor was really amazing, she payed such an attention to details! She used the special needle. I heard every time the popping noise, which everyone mentions (except of one scar maybe). And that feels really good. I was left with an irritated skin and a bit of bruises, but much more bruises came the second day. As for the bruises, she said that they are important, because they help to restore the skin and as well to separate the upper level from reattaching back down. It makes sense to me, but some other doctors may have a different approach.

Here are the pictures:

1)before the procedure 2) straight after 3) and two days after (you can see that ugly cyst here)

I will update you with the next ones after a few weeks.

post-396452-0-71859200-1418052787.jpg

post-396452-0-69910000-1418053085.jpg

post-396452-0-55853500-1418053635.jpg

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 12/08/2014 11:48 am

how come the before pic the scars are flesh colored, but then after the procedure they became purple?

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 12/08/2014 5:46 pm

how come the before pic the scars are flesh colored, but then after the procedure they became purple?

becauses there all bruised up from the procedure

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 12/08/2014 10:01 pm

That's exciting! Do the results minimize once swelling goes down, or are you expected to continue to improve as the weeks go on?

It looks like you're going to have some great results, congrats!

MemberMember
(@ronron)

Posted : 12/08/2014 11:27 pm

You found an honest dermatologist, definitely sounds like one to keep. They are hard to come by.

Your scars seems to have leveled with the rest of your skin for now, but post swelling skin is very deceiving. I'm hoping your skin will stay leveled. Keep us updated few weeks from now. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@liberte)

Posted : 12/09/2014 11:56 pm

That's exciting! Do the results minimize once swelling goes down, or are you expected to continue to improve as the weeks go on?

It looks like you're going to have some great results, congrats!

I guess, when the swelling goes down, the scars will appear (maybe a bit better but still there). I expect my body to "fill the scars in". This should take approximately 6 weeks. I hope it will go well...

MemberMember
(@liberte)

Posted : 12/10/2014 1:55 am

You found an honest dermatologist, definitely sounds like one to keep. They are hard to come by.

Your scars seems to have leveled with the rest of your skin for now, but post swelling skin is very deceiving. I'm hoping your skin will stay leveled. Keep us updated few weeks from now. Good luck!

Oh, you are right! My dermatologist is AMAZING and I am so happy I found her! She is so professional. I was so impressed!

My scars are leveled due to the swelling and bruising right now. I am aware, that the scars will get depressed again. The full results will be shown after one month approximately.

I posted this pictures for you just to get an impression, how the skin looks like after the procedure. When I will take another picture to compare the improvement of scars, I will choose different light and angle.

I will keep you posted.

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 12/10/2014 9:05 pm

I really think you should try the suction method for at least some of your more prominent/wider scars. People get the best results that way.

Nydude liked
MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 12/10/2014 9:25 pm

be careful with the suction i tried it about a year ago and i guess i did it to much it really derformed part of my skin made it worse

Nydude liked
MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 12/10/2014 10:20 pm

How did it deform the skin? Did it cause raised / hypertrophic scarring?

be careful with the suction i tried it about a year ago and i guess i did it to much it really derformed part of my skin made it worse

Nydude liked
MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 12/11/2014 12:23 am

Rob, what do you mean it deformed your skin? That sounds scary. I haven't heard of any permanent adverse effects from suctioning.

MemberMember
(@liberte)

Posted : 12/11/2014 12:31 am

I really think you should try the suction method for at least some of your more prominent/wider scars. People get the best results that way.

Thanks Missamua, I was 100 % sure I will do the suction method for my scars after the subcision. After I discussed it with my doctor, I started to doubt... I think she was right, that the collagen forming and all the healing is very delicate process. It might do good, but the risk is much higher... She said definitely not the first two weaks, so I'll probably try it after. Or I won't try it during my first post subcision healing and according the results, I will decide during my second subcision. I started to feel some itching and tingeling in the subcised area... I don't know what it is...

Btw I am taking some collagen and vit C supplements (I think I forgot to mention)

Nydude liked
MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 12/11/2014 2:52 pm

yeah well i had this low spot at the corner of a crease and i guess i did it to much or wasn't centered exact but the edge of the low spot sticks up now making it look even worse ...but i have rolling scars and suctioning doesn't see to work well with those

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 12/11/2014 6:45 pm

How much did you pay and who was your doctor? Much luck!

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 12/12/2014 8:42 pm

I would think that suctioning would be ideally suited for rolling scars. I think the key here is that it must be done soon after subcision, and I recall that you haven't tried that yet. Rob, I still think that your scars could be greatly helped with subcision, and it's pretty reasonable in comparison to other procedures.

yeah well i had this low spot at the corner of a crease and i guess i did it to much or wasn't centered exact but the edge of the low spot sticks up now making it look even worse ...but i have rolling scars and suctioning doesn't see to work well with those

MemberMember
(@liberte)

Posted : 02/04/2015 9:41 am

Hello everyone! A quick update about my results from subcison.

It's been 2 months from my 1st subcision. The healing went quite OK, except of a few nodules, which developed on my face. They were quite big, they weren't painful, but I could feel them on my skin. I did one dermarolling session after 6 weeks from my first subcision and the nodules became much much smaller. I can't see them, but I still can feel them a little bit. I don't mind them anymore though.

I am attaching two pictures - before and after subcison. I'd say, there is maybe a 30% improvement. It's hard to say, because I just don't remember, how my skin looked before, I can judge only from the pictures. You can't see much improvement on the pictures maybe, but I can tell, that there is some. The scars didn't disappear, they are still there, but they are shallower.

I definitely expected more. Maybe not in my head, because I know, how it goes, but somewhere deep inside me I expected more. I think I might go for the suction method after my 2nd subcision, which I want to schedule in March/April.

Hope this helps ;) Good day to all of you!

post-396452-0-30876600-1423060910.jpg

post-396452-0-24443700-1423061116.jpg

Melloman liked
MemberMember
(@ronron)

Posted : 02/04/2015 10:24 pm

Hello everyone! A quick update about my results from subcison.

It's been 2 months from my 1st subcision. The healing went quite OK, except of a few nodules, which developed on my face. They were quite big, they weren't painful, but I could feel them on my skin. I did one dermarolling session after 6 weeks from my first subcision and the nodules became much much smaller. I can't see them, but I still can feel them a little bit. I don't mind them anymore though.

I am attaching two pictures - before and after subcison. I'd say, there is maybe a 30% improvement. It's hard to say, because I just don't remember, how my skin looked before, I can judge only from the pictures. You can't see much improvement on the pictures maybe, but I can tell, that there is some. The scars didn't disappear, they are still there, but they are shallower.

I definitely expected more. Maybe not in my head, because I know, how it goes, but somewhere deep inside me I expected more. I think I might go for the suction method after my 2nd subcision, which I want to schedule in March/April.

Hope this helps Good day to all of you!

Since your scars were already shallow to begin with, even the slightest lighting difference can play a huge role on how scars appear in your pictures.

But you've done a good job with before and after pictures(even though the after looks a lil blurry) . Judging from the pictures alone, I could see improvement, your scars seem shallower and some have disappeared.

Also don't be too discouraged, any improvement is better than no improvement. Plus, from other threads it's been mentioned that subcision requires multiple treatments. Good luck on your second treatment.

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 02/07/2015 9:41 pm

Your scars do look less angular, and considering you did not add suctioning and this was your first subcision, I would say these are good results. Most people don't see much improvement until the second or third treatment and that's with suctioning.

MemberMember
(@liberte)

Posted : 02/10/2015 2:53 am

Thanks for your replies, guys :) I take it easy, I knew I wouldn't be fully satisfied until 3rd treatment will be done. I think I will try suction method too this time.

MemberMember
(@gkitten25)

Posted : 02/10/2015 10:57 am

I think there is definite improvement, I would continue with the subcicion at the recommendation of your dermatologist, maybe hold off on the suction method, you seem to be getting good results from subicion you don't want to do too much at once. Congratulations, we are our own worst critic and sometimes can't see how far we have come but I would say your results are looking great

Nydude and Liberte liked
MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 02/10/2015 2:09 pm

I would def. do suction next time around and leave your skin alone for 6 months after subxision with some needling and chemical peels here and there. That's what I am doing. I am taking 2 weeks off this march to follow a study/protocol precisely. I will ask the nurses if they can take a HD pic of my scars and send it to me. That way I can start a blog similar to yours.

Def improvement nevertheless

Also, did your doctor mark the scars with a pen ? And did your face swell up after the numbing?

Liberte liked
MemberMember
(@liberte)

Posted : 02/11/2015 1:59 pm

I would def. do suction next time around and leave your skin alone for 6 months after subxision with some needling and chemical peels here and there. That's what I am doing. I am taking 2 weeks off this march to follow a study/protocol precisely. I will ask the nurses if they can take a HD pic of my scars and send it to me. That way I can start a blog similar to yours.

Also, did your doctor mark the scars with a pen ? And did your face swell up after the numbing?

I don't think she marked it with a pen, however, I think she followed the photo, what she took. She had some kind of a professional device, which makes your scars look crazy bad (I didn't want to see my pic to be honest, I think I would get depressed).

She numbed each and every scar separately and after a little injection, she subciside it straight away, so I don't think it had any time to swell. I expected I will get 2-3 injections for my whole face, but I think I got like 30 of them.

This waiting is crazy!!! I would love to see improvements immediately :D BTW I forgot to mention, that I started to do some dermarolling in may 2014 (0,5 mm dermaroller and 1 mm dermastamp). One session every 6 weeks. I think, I've seen some results, however, not really breathtaking.

I have these days, where I am so happy and I see good results and some days, when I see my scars from a different angle with a special lighting and I get sooo depressed. I am sure guys, that you know, what I am talking about... Such a life change from only 5 months of acne...

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 02/11/2015 4:46 pm

I don't think she marked it with a pen, however, I think she followed the photo, what she took. She had some kind of a professional device, which makes your scars look crazy bad (I didn't want to see my pic to be honest, I think I would get depressed).

She numbed each and every scar separately and after a little injection, she subciside it straight away, so I don't think it had any time to swell. I expected I will get 2-3 injections for my whole face, but I think I got like 30 of them.

This waiting is crazy!!! I would love to see improvements immediately BTW I forgot to mention, that I started to do some dermarolling in may 2014 (0,5 mm dermaroller and 1 mm dermastamp). One session every 6 weeks. I think, I've seen some results, however, not really breathtaking.

I have these days, where I am so happy and I see good results and some days, when I see my scars from a different angle with a special lighting and I get sooo depressed. I am sure guys, that you know, what I am talking about... Such a life change from only 5 months of acne...

No treatment will get you immediate permanent results, unfortunately. There's fillers but I'd rather have slow permanent results rather then having to do fillers every few months..one could argue about permanent fillers but meh. Subcision has many more studies vs. fillers anyways.

I'm curious to know what device she used that made the scars more prominent, if there is such thing. Yea, Scars are tricky little bastards and they play unfortunate mind games with one that could make or ruin your day. The day of my treatment I plan on marking my scars with a Gentian violet pen (surgical pen) before the numbing (if there's any) that way he doesn't miss any, can't afford that lol. Unless he has another way of doing it.. It's important to be ambitious yet realistic with your goals. 70% is big but so is 50%, 30% and 20%. 100% would mean everything for me and I know I can get close. Patience definitely plays a big roll and so does attitude. You said you didn't want to see your pictures.. I would have personally looked at how my scars look at had him sent them to me to archive for future reference and for personal motivation...

Acne sucks and scars suck even more. But, do know that there's light at the end of the tunnel

Liberte liked
MemberMember
(@liberte)

Posted : 02/12/2015 2:28 pm

On 2/12/2015 at 5:46 AM, Robertitoo said:
On 2/12/2015 at 2:59 AM, Liberte said:
On 2/11/2015 at 3:09 AM, Robertitoo said:

This waiting is crazy!!! I would love to see improvements immediately [Edited image out] BTW I forgot to mention, that I started to do some dermarolling in may 2014 (0,5 mm dermaroller and 1 mm dermastamp). One session every 6 weeks. I think, I've seen some results, however, not really breathtaking.

No treatment will get you immediate permanent results, unfortunately. There's fillers but I'd rather have slow permanent results rather then having to do fillers every few months..one could argue about permanent fillers but meh. Subcision has many more studies vs. fillers anyways.

I'm curious to know what device she used that made the scars more prominent, if there is such thing. Yea, Scars are tricky little bastards and they play unfortunate mind games with one that could make or ruin your day. The day of my treatment I plan on marking my scars with a Gentian violet pen (surgical pen) before the numbing (if there's any) that way he doesn't miss any, can't afford that lol. Unless he has another way of doing it.. It's important to be ambitious yet realistic with your goals. 70% is big but so is 50%, 30% and 20%. 100% would mean everything for me and I know I can get close. Patience definitely plays a big roll and so does attitude. You said you didn't want to see your pictures.. I would have personally looked at how my scars look at had him sent them to me to archive for future reference and for personal motivation...

Acne sucks and scars suck even more. But, do know that there's light at the end of the tunnel [Edited image out]

Your posts are always so informative! I think it is actually a great idea to mark the scars w a pen. I agree, that the moment an injury is made to the skin, the area around gets swollen and it is hard to hit the scar. I might suggest it to my doctor.

I think I expressed myself wrong, I apologize : my doctor used a special camera device, which makes your scars look more profound. I think she might be followed the picture of my scars on the monitor...

I have a big difficulty to accept my currunt state. Beauty is an amazing gift, but he moment it is taken, it hurts you 1000 times more than the people, who never tasted it... It taught me real modesty! But of course I am aiming for 90% improvement, which seems to be way too far from reality. I can still dream :) Thanks everyone for supporting comments! Even I don't know your names&faces, I still have feeling, that this community understands my situation more, than any of my friends. Thank you!

Nydude and Robertitoo liked
MemberMember
(@liberte)

Posted : 04/27/2015 3:49 am

Hi everyone!

As I promised, I am back to update you about the next steps, which I did in my scar fighting battle :)

I underwent another round of subcision and that was about 9 weeks ago. I attached a before and after picture to this post, so please have a look (left one is after the procedure and the right one is before - sorry for the confusion)

This time, I tried the suction machine after 4th day after the procedure. I suctioned approx 1 week. The results are really good for me. I did dermarolling about 7 weeks after the procedure. And I plan to do it every 6 weeks, as before.

I was on a normal diets. No supplements this time. I just avoided alcohol and of course no cigarettes.

I wanted to say, that the biggest contribution to my success made Robertitoo and Matt and of course all the rest of you with your tips and tricks :) Thank you very much!

Have a nice day :)

post-396452-0-44215400-1430124528.jpg