Notifications
Clear all

Starting Accutane Soon

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 12/07/2014 6:24 pm

so anything i should know or be aware about ?

im asian btw

does it make you breakout first or anything severe that would cause scarring ?

should i expect anything in first week or month ? like does flare ups happen for everyone ?

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 12/07/2014 9:53 pm

Me too... I think! I've already had one course. Expect your skin to be much less oily and your lips to get very dry (aquaphor is great). I never really had an initial breakout; my skin just got gradually better. Don't pick at your skin while on accutane because your healing will be impaired and you may be more likely to scar.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 12/08/2014 10:34 am

thanks for the advice!

stupid question maybe , do i make a appointment at the derm to start ? or go to my doctor and waste money and get recommendation ?

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 12/08/2014 12:09 pm

I always just made an appointment right away with a derm. I've had the same derm since I was about 13 though. If you don't know of a derm you could look one up using reviews from ratemds or something.

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 12/08/2014 3:19 pm

i hope you do realize how dangerous is this drug ...and i really hope you researched it a lot and that you tried everything else ...like a clean diet ...topicals ...etc

what you should expect is anything ...there is a tall long list of side effects ...some will go after stopping it but the scary part that some will stay with you ...maybe even forever ....for some poeple ....

i took accutane but i stopped it half way because of side effect (facial hair loss) and (scalp faking like crazy)

it been 2 months since i stopped now ...im cleaning my diet ...and it's really working

i dont advise accutane to you or anyone unless you tried everything else ....and you have a really bad acne that's ruining your life and you know beforhand about all the side effects and dangers

i hope you make a wise choice

and sorry for my english