Notifications
Clear all

Weird Texture On Forehead And Strange Bumps.

MemberMember
(@purplecates)

Posted : 12/06/2014 5:26 pm

I'm 21 years old and I've had clear skin for most of my life. Even when I ate junk food. Never really got serious acne in high school and barely did anything to my face, just water and body moisturizer or baby oil. Then came university. i started getting these pimples with large whiteheads all around my central chin. It was bad, it always occurred in the same spots and continued to get worse. It was so frustrating. On top of of that it scarred really really badly. Now I'm left with a circular ring of old acne scars. I know it's not hormonal because it occurs in the same spot. I have a feeling it might be my toothpaste? I use crest 3D white and many people have said it was the SLS in the toothpaste. Fast forward to this summer, I was out most of the summer, working in the heat, sweating and away from home. I started getting these bumps all over my forehead ( some where I never broke out). Every time I came back home ( where it was more drier than where I was working) It got worse and worse. I would be covered in these small bumps and and they never really were acne. The texture of my forehead is completely destroyed. I tried so many products in the past few months and changed my diet and nothing has worked. It's just remained the same. It was not dairy, because I tried cutting that out. I was a vegetarian, however I started including red meat and chicken in my diet and that sort of helped. People have told me it was pitysporum, but i've tried nizoral and that just made it worse. I am so ashamed to go out and am embarrassed because I feel like people are always staring at my forehead. Does anyone have a similar scenario? I currently just started washing my face with water only and it's gotten a bit better. But honestly I thought this would have resolved in a month or two, if it were related to the different climates I was switching between all summer. Here are some photos what it looks like.

post-439227-0-93691400-1417904539.jpg

post-439227-0-66282100-1417904545.jpg

post-439227-0-52463500-1417904794.jpg

MemberMember
(@ohgoshacne)

Posted : 12/24/2014 7:33 pm

i think that it is folliculitis.

Try using the nizoral cream in 2% and apply it to about 1/4 of your forehead only and monitor that section.

Mean while if it not then watch your face with cetaphil, tone with a toner, and apply a serum with at least 8% aha to increase cell turnover and prevent clogged pores