Notifications
Clear all

How Long Before Prid Drawing Salve Works On Cystic Pimple?

MemberMember
(@sammycat)

Posted : 12/06/2014 2:59 pm

Hi guys,

I just wanted to ask those of you who have tried PRID drawing salve: how long before it works and brings the cyst to head? I had a huge cystic pimple almost a month ago. It already drained a couple of weeks ago and is now half its size, but there is still a bump there and it's still red, which is a clear indication that I didn't get all the infection out. After reading online about how drawing salve is the miracle cure for pesky pimples that don't come to head, I decided to order it online. Now I'm worried that it isn't working on me because this is my 3rd night applying it overnight with bandaid but it still hasn't come to a head much less drain. The reviews I read (and I read quite a LOT) were almost unanimous when they claimed that this stuff got rid of the cyst OVERNIGHT by bringing it to head so you can get the pus out. My pimple is definitely smaller and nearly flat, but the bump and redness is still there and no sign of pus. Am I doing something wrong? Is it possible that it's not working on me? :-(

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 12/06/2014 9:29 pm

it never works over night for me, and PRID didn't work as well as icthammol ointment...I blob that on and cover with a bandaid, takes me several nights, and for me they usually just shrink, mine are so big and deep they don't usually come to a head, but not many things are going to work in a day.

People will say they have cystic acne and they DO NOT...the little ones can come to head in a day, but not true cystic acne

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@sammycat)

Posted : 12/07/2014 2:26 pm

it never works over night for me, and PRID didn't work as well as icthammol ointment...I blob that on and cover with a bandaid, takes me several nights, and for me they usually just shrink, mine are so big and deep they don't usually come to a head, but not many things are going to work in a day.

People will say they have cystic acne and they DO NOT...the little ones can come to head in a day, but not true cystic acne

Thanks, i'm glad I'm not alone. When you say your cysts shrink, do they eventually go away or do they just get smaller? Did drawing salve ever help your cysts come to head? I feel like mine has gone dormant, coz it's just a purplish and painless small bump under the skin. I'm really not sure what the next step is since PRID was my last resort. Do you think I should get it extracted by a dermatologist?

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 12/07/2014 11:07 pm

mine are so deep they rarely come to a head, so they just help shrink them down, reducing the inflammation

if they are really bad I go for an injection, sometime that makes them vanish without a trace which is better than the small bump....so before excision definitley try an injection that should take care of the bump

MemberMember
(@sammycat)

Posted : 12/10/2014 3:54 am

Thanks for your reply. When you say "shrink down" do they gradually vanish on their own? Or do you really need cortisone shots? Mine is nearly flat but discolored like a bruise and I'm wondering if it can just disappear on its own. Cortisone shots are quite expensive where I live. :P

mine are so deep they rarely come to a head, so they just help shrink them down, reducing the inflammation

if they are really bad I go for an injection, sometime that makes them vanish without a trace which is better than the small bump....so before excision definitley try an injection that should take care of the bump

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 12/13/2014 7:17 am

usually after a shot they shrink away to nothing....but it's totally based on the skill of who is doing the injection....it is an art

bummer that they are expensive where you are, not bad here in the US if you have insurance

but with the ichtammol, I just keep blobbing it on, bandaid over it and it does sometimes shrink it down to just a small bump that doesn't bother me...and again mine are so deep they rarely show the purple to the skin

good luck to you, I wouldn't wish cystic acne on my worst enemy!

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 12/20/2014 1:29 am

I don't think that bringing a cyst out it's wise.

Ok , but this is what I did ,prid has sulfur, and so acnomel .

Acnomel just a little dab for one day, then next day Vicks vaporub rub a little with a qtip then cover all over with more Vicks on top at night, this will bring the cyst out , with a make-up remover towel ,I use simple sensitive skin, the regular not the exfoliating, use the side of the towel that is soft, not rough , remove the vicks vaporub, and just wash your face , only remove the pus that comes out , do not push anything or force anything out, keep applying the vicks at night , the cyst will keep draining.apply the vicks until it heals.

The reason I say once at night, it's because if its fine during the day too it will keep exfoliating really fast and might come out all of it out just irritate the skin .

I have done this, but I think you should reconsider, bringing a cyst to a head it's a nightmare.

Doing it with the vicks vaporub only, might be the better option, it will dissolve the cyst in steps.it might take longer but that way you won't suffer with the pain and the pus and the open skin.

Be careful, I'm telling you what worked for me.

I also tried the prid and nothing happened, besides putting bandaids on cysts ,I don't think it's a good idea.