Notifications
Clear all

My Face Is Breaking Out Like Crazy Because Of The Pill

MemberMember
(@marievalencia)

Posted : 12/05/2014 9:47 pm

I've been on the pill for 3 months, I'm just missing 5 days of white pills (the ones that do not have hormones in them, I think) and on to the next one. My gyn said that this would clear up my acne when I first started taking them but as of right now my acne is at its worst. And trust me, it is BAD. I have big red bumps ALL OVER MY FACE AND CHEST, SERIOUSLY. Man, they are BIG. My acne had never been this bad, I feel awful. My gyn said to give it another two months, do you think it will get better? The bumps hurt a lot, too.

MemberMember
(@jayesbro)

Posted : 12/05/2014 11:29 pm

Hi Marie,

It sounds like it's cystic acne. Everyone's different, your body might be purging what's left in terms of everything. However, I wouldn't really trust a Gyn for acne advice, it's not what she/he went to med-school for, and thus isn't exactly qualified to treat it. Go see a dermatologist if you don't clear up like you should. They will determine the best course of treatement for you. I just got done with a course of Accutane, and it was very successful in terms of clearing up my skin.

Did your acne start before or after the pill? And are you sure it's hormonal acne?

MemberMember
(@the-uphill-battle)

Posted : 12/06/2014 12:38 am

What pill are you on? I have tried many for various reasons and some have broken me out. Alesse and seasonique were by far the worst for my skin. Desogen for whatever reason turned out to be the best. If your acne is hormonal you could also try Spironolactone. I paired it with Desogen and was completely clear for years. Unfortunately I just got off the pill because were trying to conceive and my chin has exploded with acne. So depressing. Anyways, give those two a shot if you can. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 12/08/2014 10:05 pm

I would personally switch, or see an actual derm like someone else mentioned. Initial breakouts are typical of birth control, but if you start breaking out REALLY badly in places that you don't normally break out in, that's a sign that it's not right for you. When I tried Alesse, after the first month I had the worst breakout in my life and immediately switched to Diane instead. With Diane I had an initial break out which wasn't the greatest, but definitely something that was still considered within range for me :/ Which pill are you taking?

MemberMember
(@kimchiimonsturr)

Posted : 12/09/2014 2:53 am

Don't take pills. Eat only organic foods. No processed foods and GMOs. Comedogenesis irradicated. Happy life. Woohoo. Smile.

Is that your real name? >_>