Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chikin

BP after Proactiv? also hi im new :D

Hi,

Just stumbled upon this site reading the Proactiv review, cause mine isn't working out as well as I had hoped.

Im a 20 yo male in Aus, and I suffer from mild-moderate at times acne, it really gives me the shits sometimes and I have found myself making excuses to not go out with my friends etc, where I really wouldve loved to get out and about.

I'm already a self concious person so having acne makes it doubly as worse, I've tried a bunch of "treatments" clearasil mainly as a spot treatment and a range of different face washes over periods of time, which do seem to help a bit but they never get my face super clear. I was going through like 2 tubes of clearasil stuff a week using it on my entire face. It does contain 2.5% BP but the tubes are just so small you can't use that much plus they go all white and chalky on your skin.

I was going through so much per week I thought it was rediculous and there must be something better. Proactiv has just started being advertised on TV over here so I though why the hell not, and got some.

I helped initally but I've had a huge stress outbreak with uni exams, and its just not justifying the cost in my opinion. It seems similar with a lot of the other reviewee's...

The main prob i think is the BP they give u is only a tiny little bottle. After reading Dan's regimen, i used about 3 times as much BP as I normally would and improved a LOT overnight. Problem is I'm now out of proactiv BP sad.gif

Annnnnnyway, (sorry about the long winded intro there) I can't find anything over here in Aus of the same quantity or price, its actually cheaper to get some shipped over to me here from the states!

So really the purpose of this thread is to ask other ex-proactiv users, was you face already accustomed enough to the BP lotion to start pretty strongly on BP gel? Or what would you guys recommend?

Ta in advance smile.gif

I see this is a fairly slow moving forum...

I just risked it an used probably like 2-3 peas sized blobs over my whole face overnight of a similar product we have here in Aus, its a 2.5% BP gel.

After using proactive it seems I had already build up a substantial tollerance to it so I experienced no discomfort or peeling whatsoever. Only thing I can notice is a slight tight sensation throughout the skin in my face.

Can't really call myself an "x-proactive" as I am still using the products

but i would say if you've survived the harshness of using that cleanser twice a day (which with very tough skin, I can only use it at night) I would think your skin should be fine going strong with BP and if you do and it hurts your skin, just lighten up a bit.

Sorry it ain't much but that's what i've got.

Good luck!

Hi,

Just stumbled upon this site reading the Proactiv review, cause mine isn't working out as well as I had hoped.

Im a 20 yo male in Aus, and I suffer from mild-moderate at times acne, it really gives me the shits sometimes and I have found myself making excuses to not go out with my friends etc, where I really wouldve loved to get out and about.

I'm already a self concious person so having acne makes it doubly as worse, I've tried a bunch of "treatments" clearasil mainly as a spot treatment and a range of different face washes over periods of time, which do seem to help a bit but they never get my face super clear. I was going through like 2 tubes of clearasil stuff a week using it on my entire face. It does contain 2.5% BP but the tubes are just so small you can't use that much plus they go all white and chalky on your skin.

I was going through so much per week I thought it was rediculous and there must be something better. Proactiv has just started being advertised on TV over here so I though why the hell not, and got some.

I helped initally but I've had a huge stress outbreak with uni exams, and its just not justifying the cost in my opinion. It seems similar with a lot of the other reviewee's...

The main prob i think is the BP they give u is only a tiny little bottle. After reading Dan's regimen, i used about 3 times as much BP as I normally would and improved a LOT overnight. Problem is I'm now out of proactiv BP  sad.gif

Annnnnnyway, (sorry about the long winded intro there) I can't find anything over here in Aus of the same quantity or price, its actually cheaper to get some shipped over to me here from the states!

So really the purpose of this thread is to ask other ex-proactiv users, was you face already accustomed enough to the BP lotion to start pretty strongly on BP gel? Or what would you guys recommend?

Ta in advance smile.gif

I have the same problem with the amount of BP i get in the bottle...I used to be on Proactiv and do the 3 step system..It worked somewhat. Then I found this site and watched the video and noticed how much BP im supposed to use on my face when i apply it...So i tried that with the Proactiv BP repairing lotion...It worked great and my skin cleared up a lot within a week or so, but then I ran out!! They only give you a bottle thats no bigger then like 3inches and with the amount of BP that I use compared to before finding this site, i end up running out after like 2weeks and i only get a new shipment of proactiv every 2 months...In which, while I was waiting, i broke out again...

So then I cancelled my proactiv because i figured I can find some in the store to buy...So I tried Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10 BP and Neutrogena on the Spot. They do nothing compared to the proactiv BP since thats more like a lotion and works into the skin a lot better....The Clean & Clear works somewhat good because its a gel but since its a little thick its hard to work fully into the skin. Neutrogena works but for me its hard to use the amount that dan specifies in the video...He uses 1 fingers worth for just his mouth/chin area...I have most of my acne on my cheeks and nose area and some small areas on my forehead...and with all that i can barely even use half a fingers worht of the BP from neutrogena...The reason for this is because i noticed when i first used a whole fingers worth like instructed to, only a tiny bit would get obsorbed and then the rest i can see dries on top of my skin and will flake off after it dries, and it does not get into my skin like the proactiv BP lotion...Plus the bottle is also a small size which runs out in no time...

So what im asking for is someone to recommend a good BP lotion/cream where i get a decent sized amount (as opposed to the 1.0oz and .75oz bottles of Clean & Clear and Neutrogena) so i do not have to go out and buy another $4 bottle every 2 weeks...And it does not dry on top of my skin like neutrogena does for me and then just flakes off...Is dan's BP gel any good? How much do i get, how long will it last if using the specified amount as shown on the videos, and will it fully absorb into my skin?

Thanks...

Hey there- dans bp gives you about 3-4 weeks worth per tube- depending on how much u use. i use a tube in about 3 weeks. I usually order 3 tubes a time for like 35 us dollars. I really reccomed the Basis soap and the neutrogena moistuizer to go along with the regimen. also use about a finger full of bp for your face..

Hey there- dans bp gives you about 3-4 weeks worth per tube- depending on how much u use. i use a tube in about 3 weeks. I usually order 3 tubes a time for like 35 us dollars. I really reccomed the Basis soap and the neutrogena moistuizer to go along with the regimen. also use about a finger full of bp for your face..

Well I'm using Benzac AC, 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide Gel 50g (nfi what that is in ounces cause im a metric boy tongue.gif). Thats until dans stuff arrives!

Dunno where abouts you are shane, as I said I'm in Aus so if you aren't it probably isn't much help.

From the look of the size of Dan's BP gel from the vids, this stuff is somewhat of a medium size. Cost me $16 AUD so really I think when I can get 2 larger tubes imported for roughly the same price I'd pay its worth it for sure!

Oh yeah a word on my progress, I'm using almost a finger worth of BP gel now, morning and night and the occasional dab on a big one every now and then in between to kill em and it seems to be working really well. I get a light red glow immediately after its been absorbed with a slight, although pleasant burning/tingling sensation. My lips are kinda getting dry, but I already got chapstick from when I was on Proactiv so I'm right. I also discovered eyebrow bleaching too with the edges getting a bit light hehehe smile.gif gotta be a bit more careful on application.

I'll report back with my progress.