Notifications
Clear all

Nodule/cystic Acne On Each Side Of Chin! Losing My Mind

MemberMember
(@krissypants30)

Posted : 12/03/2014 9:53 pm

Ok so I have had this lump just above my chin for about a month now and it's absolutely getting me down. The first 2 weeks I handled but I'm about to lose it. I have the photo attached. I've been on antibiotics, used hot compress, topical treatments, tea tree oil, aspirin and baking soda- you name it and I've done it over the past month. The dermatologist in our town takes a year to get in and I have no idea what my next step should be...... I can't live with this anymore :( make up is getting harder to cover up. It's now a point whether I want a large red bump or a slightly lighter then my complexion bump on my face. I choose the slightly lighter one with makeup but its still noticeable :/ any advice guys. I want to go get it cut out.. Seriously!post-438795-0-42568400-1417661475_thumb.post-438795-0-92117000-1417661518_thumb.

MemberMember
(@fork889)

Posted : 12/04/2014 2:09 am

I would try to tell your dermatologist it's an emergency because I think this definitely needs urgent care. I would say something like a cortisone shot would help but I dont know much about what is going on. Does it hurt? And does it appear to be getting worse? Or is it just sort of sitting there now? Either way I would say a professional needs to look at that and hopefully they can prescribe the correct care.

MemberMember
(@krissypants30)

Posted : 12/04/2014 8:34 pm

It's hard kind of but soft as well. It used to be soft but has hardened a little. Pain is very mild and not there most of the day. Sometimes it has an itchy feeling to it. It has gotten a bit bigger. At one time I thought it was getting smaller but it's been here for a month and we only have one dermatologist and it takes a year to get in :(

MemberMember
(@krissypants30)

Posted : 12/05/2014 9:13 pm

You should definitely see a dermatologist ASAP ! It's pretty severe and it could leave a scar if you don't take care of it soon.

I'm so depressed right now :/ I don't even want to be at work or around anyone. Our dermatologist takes a year to get in but I went to the clinic and got referred anyways and will call the cosmetic side of the business and I might get in sooner. Or I might have to travel out of town :(

MemberMember
(@jayesbro)

Posted : 12/05/2014 9:46 pm

Try not to be depressed. I understand the selfesteem issues that come with it, but it's not really worth it. If possible, travel out of town. I'm not really used to the concept of having a dermotologist take a year to roll around, since there's thousands of them in my city. Literally.

Like the other guy mentioned, it could scar so make sure you don't pop it or anything. Try Salicylic acid to make it softer and BP to kill the bacteria.

MemberMember
(@krissypants30)

Posted : 12/06/2014 2:46 pm

Try not to be depressed. I understand the selfesteem issues that come with it, but it's not really worth it. If possible, travel out of town. I'm not really used to the concept of having a dermotologist take a year to roll around, since there's thousands of them in my city. Literally.

Like the other guy mentioned, it could scar so make sure you don't pop it or anything. Try Salicylic acid to make it softer and BP to kill the bacteria.

I've tried bp for about 2 weeks and nothing just dried my skin out. I have it on now as we speak but I realy doubt anything will come of it..this is so frustrating. The reason why I have to wait is because we are a small town in northern Ontario and we only have one derm. I wonder if I call in and say I just need a cortisone shot they will get me in there? Because really it only takes 2 seconds!?!?! I was also wondering if it costs money or if health insurance or benefits cover it? Not familiar with dermatologists because I never had to use one before.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@jayesbro)

Posted : 12/07/2014 12:26 am

I don't know how Canadian health care works, but I always hear it's better than it's American counterpart. For the most part, acne treatement is covered by most insurance companies. I know when I was in the care of a dermatologist, at least some of the shots were covered. You may not need a dermatologist to administer the shot either, and it's certainly worthh a try.

MemberMember
(@krissypants30)

Posted : 12/08/2014 10:20 pm

post-438795-0-35222300-1418095165_thumb.

Ok so I got an appointment this Wednesday in town. Thank God. I will show her this picture just in case she doesn't believe I need the shot. Thanks for the replies :)