Notifications
Clear all

Accutane End Of Treatment Question

MemberMember
(@cally123)

Posted : 12/03/2014 12:06 pm

Hi, I have been on 40 mg accutane for 6 months. My skin has been pretty great except I have these like these raised bumps. They are not pimples, I don't know know what they are though. Just a few days ago I began my last month of treatment. I take 60 mg now each day. I have noticed and increase in these bumps. What are these and how do I get rid of them???

Help please!

MemberMember
(@clearsoon66)

Posted : 12/03/2014 1:27 pm

Hey Cally, I have no experience with accutane. I'm sure someone has and will probably chime in. But you should ask whoever prescribed accutane to you. A dermatologist will most likely know.

MemberMember
(@jj)

Posted : 12/03/2014 8:47 pm

Milia? Maybe post a picture if you can.

MemberMember
(@sarahlous)

Posted : 12/03/2014 9:50 pm

Hello,

During my last 2 months of Accutane treatment I had random instances of cystic acne (I never had cystic acne before that happened). I was very concerned because up until then my skin had cleared nicely.

Then one morning I woke up with tiny little bumps/zits covering my entire cheek. It looked like I had an incurable disease, ha.

Even though I took 1-2 extra months of Accutane, it would still happen. But AFTER I finished my treatment, my skin was perfect within 2 weeks and I didn't have these problems anymore.

So don't worry!