Notifications
Clear all

My Acne Experience

MemberMember
(@pond68)

Posted : 12/03/2014 6:51 am

This post is really just for you people out there who feel you're alone with dealing with acne...trust me, you are not! This is my story...

I first started getting acne at around the age of 11, so pretty young. At 13 it dramatically decreased, woohoo I thought I'd beat it. I was wrong. I turned 14, and acne returned with a vengeance...the clear skin I had taken for granted was gone and in it's place was blackheads, white heads and severe cysts. As you can imagine my confidence dropped, no it plummeted. After endless doctors appointments, creams, gels and so on I was left deflated, nothing seemed to work.

I was referred to a dermatologist on the NHS, 2 months after taking my tablets I noticed a massive difference, yes! The side effects of dry skin& pretty bad nosebleeds and clots was worth it, after finishing my medication I was happy. My skin was clear, I'd turned 16 and I thought acne was a thing of the past. Wrong again.

Skip forward a year, I'm 17 and in college...tough time. Oh look, spots are appearing on my cheeks again. Surely it can't be back...right? Well no, it came back and it's still here, yet I'm hopeful for a miracle again. I often read the posts on this page without signing up, I thought now was the right time.

I'd love some advice on how people have overcame this awful thing or any advice on how I can build up my self esteem?

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 12/03/2014 2:22 pm

hey man

you can try cleaning your diet ,,,,,and other natural methodes ,,,,see about the diet thing ,,,,its what im trying right now

do some research ,,,,fight and dont give up

MemberMember
(@toxicblondy)

Posted : 12/03/2014 7:12 pm

try paleo <3

Pond68 liked
MemberMember
(@pond68)

Posted : 12/05/2014 7:55 pm

hey man

you can try cleaning your diet ,,,,,and other natural methodes ,,,,see about the diet thing ,,,,its what im trying right now

do some research ,,,,fight

and dont give up

How is this working for you so far?

MemberMember
(@jayesbro)

Posted : 12/05/2014 9:56 pm

By the side effects that you described, I'm guessing you took Accutante? I took it, I still notice a blemish every once in a while but for the most part I just clense daily to be on the safe side. As for the self esteem, that's a tough one. Try to use something to cover the dark spots, you need to use sun screen to protect your face anyways, so I suggest visibily even it works pretty well to cover the dark spots while protecting your skin.

MemberMember
(@kimchiimonsturr)

Posted : 12/09/2014 2:47 am

Healthy diet, organic only, GMO free, pesticide free, processed free. Eat like your great ancestors did. No fast food. Get rid of the western hemisphere diet lifestyle. Drink at least half a gallon of filtered water. Exercise everyday for a minimum of 30 minutes; walking is fine.

MemberMember
(@naturald)

Posted : 12/09/2014 9:17 am

try paleo <3

Has this worked for you to stop acne?. I've just started trying some Paleo recipes. Tastes kinda good to be honest. Love to experiment with different foods to see how it effects performance, skin etc.

I have clear skin now via diet & lifestyle. But still prone to red cheeks, trying to stop this.

MemberMember
(@pond68)

Posted : 12/13/2014 8:04 am

Healthy diet, organic only, GMO free, pesticide free, processed free. Eat like your great ancestors did. No fast food. Get rid of the western hemisphere diet lifestyle. Drink at least half a gallon of filtered water. Exercise everyday for a minimum of 30 minutes; walking is fine.

Great advice, I will do! Thank you

try paleo <3

Has this worked for you to stop acne?. I've just started trying some Paleo recipes. Tastes kinda good to be honest. Love to experiment with different foods to see how it effects performance, skin etc.

I have clear skin now via diet & lifestyle. But still prone to red cheeks, trying to stop this.

I will definitely try this

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 12/13/2014 10:02 am

See a naturopath! They will get you tested and find out what's wrong with your body. They actually seek to find the cause of your acne.

After testing, I found out what was causing my acne and I'm just about clear now. I had cystic acne before.