Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OursFan

POLL: ANOTHER SCAR FORUM?

Would you like to see a separate forum for Red Marks/Hyperpigmentation?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a separate forum for Red Marks/Hyperpigmentation?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

The reason why I am asking is because I have been reading complaints from people who suffer from pitted acne scarring that the information is not relevant.

I think it would be helpful to separate the two issues so that people can focus on what they are having problems with rather than wading through lots of posts that aren't relevant.

Please answer the poll and feel free to share your opinion on the subject.

Thanks! smile.gif

who were the 3 that voted no? i think it makes sense wince they're very different, although cause by a similair thing

Yes I think so Tamara.

I get the feeling that people who are here about treating scars only - are getting the short end of the stick atm.

i agree with pete,,and dividing scars and red marks would also be great because sometimes there is just too many info here

Dont know about another scar forum but we certainly need another scar gallery just for scar pics.

The present gallery has pics of folks drinking beer, pics of their cars, pics of their pets, pics of themselves being stupid etc which is hardly relevant.

Moderators need to sift through the gallery and remove irrelevant pics or setup a seperate scar only gallery or this board risks losing its status as a serious information source and risks degenerating into something less.

YES, we need a different forum. I am tired of all the same red mark questions.

Since, I am complaining. What's up with all the miracle cream questions? They are clogging up this forum and some of the really good topics are getting buried.

idea.gif What a wonderful idea! eusa_clap.gif I really hope you do this, since it’s incredibly annoying when people ask over and over about red marks. The “miracle cream� questions get old for me as well, but maybe they will taper off since a lot of them are more about red marks. Frankly, red marks are 1000 times easier to get rid of than pitted scars anyway. Thanks for this idea and everything else, Tamara smile.gif

i think 2 different forums would be a really good idea! red marks aren't scars (really) since they fade naturally and disappear over time.

eusa_clap.gif Yes, 2 forums.

One for red marks, for the people who just got their first zit and don't know the red marks fade. eusa_boohoo.gif

And one for pitted scars. And the one for pitted scars should be protected and people who enter should have to read the definition of the scar types.

I don't know why anyone would think their red mark is a scar. I wish I had those "scars" only.

But if I did, how would i get rid of them? Anyone know a miracle cream. eusa_dance.gif

yea, violet i remember my first zits and first red marks, I was like omg wtf my first scar, and was asking people how to get rid of them, i didn't know it was only a red mark

I think they should make it a rule here: if you have a question about what to do with your skin (whatever the case) you should post a pic in order to understand what is it you are talking about,,it's hard to help someone with just a brief description of their condition, witch sounds just like everybody elses

I think a new scar forum for hyperpigmentation is a great idea Tamara!! I'm not saying that red marks are'nt icky to deal with because they definitely are. I just think sometimes people with actual pitted,indented scarring are ready to scream when someone repeatedly calls a red mark a scar when its not indented!!! I do not want to sound like im downplaying the effects of red marks, but at least you guys still have a chance to prevent them from turning into indents eh? Anyway, just my two cents.

Thanks to all of you for sharing your opinions. It appears that most people (at this time, about 80%) would prefer to have two separate forums. If anyone has any major objections to separating the forums, please feel free to share your opinion as well.

I think a new scar forum for hyperpigmentation is a great idea Tamara!! I'm not saying that red marks are'nt icky to deal with because they definitely are. I just think sometimes people with actual pitted,indented scarring are ready to scream when someone repeatedly calls a red mark a scar when its not indented!!! I do not want to sound like im downplaying the effects of red marks, but at least you guys still have a chance to prevent them from turning into indents eh? Anyway, just my two cents.

Not to be the outlier here, but I like using the search feature in one forum, then browsing the results. There is a lot of good posts about peoples experiences, research, web links, ect as well as a bunch of carp. If some of the peps would read the FAQ or do a search, they'd probably find their answer inside of 5 minutes.

Sometimes I wish mods would nuke topics by one post wonders about the latest greatest topical treatments or move them to a differnt forum. If a lot of the rif raf was weeded out we could have a good forum.

I also vote for making oldguy a mod with full nuking powers smile.gif

I'm out

Not to be the outlier here, but I like using the search feature in one forum, then browsing the results.  There is a lot of good posts about peoples experiences, research, web links, ect as well as a bunch of carp.  If some of the peps would read the FAQ or do a search, they'd probably find their answer inside of 5 minutes.

Sometimes I wish mods would nuke topics by one post wonders about the latest greatest topical treatments or move them to a differnt forum.  If a lot of the rif raf was weeded out we could have a good forum.

I also vote for making oldguy a mod with full nuking powers  smile.gif

I'm out