Notifications
Clear all

Desperately Need Help With Clearing Cystic Acne

MemberMember
(@panthers21546)

Posted : 11/30/2014 11:11 pm

I am an 18 year old male andhave pretty severe acne on my face, as well as on my arms and shoulders and down my back. I've been on numerous topical and oral treatments prescribed by dermatologists, nothing has worked. I've completely altered my diet so I consume hardly any sugar, junk food, caffeine, etc. while greatly increasing fruits and vegetables along with drinking more than enough water throughout the say.

However, the acne doesn't want to go away. From what I've read online, I seem to have "hormonal acne" because it is not in on my forehead or nose too much, but there is a lot along my jawline and around my mouth, and it can be very sensitive and painful.

Currently I am using Serious Skin Care facewash and spot treatment/moisturizer, and I take 3g of Vitamin B5 everyday.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. I am extremely embarassed by my acne and it makes it very tough on me in social situations. Any advice to potentially help me means a lot to me. Thanks so much.

MemberMember
(@panthers21546)

Posted : 12/10/2014 9:21 pm

Can someone please help

MemberMember
(@veganski)

Posted : 12/12/2014 7:38 pm

Hey,

I can't help you because well, I'm in the exact same situation. I also take Vitamin B5 daily but till now it didn't do anything. Diet changes, pillow changes, don't work aswell.

No Regimen is the solution here, you can wash your face as good as you can but the acne will come back because the hormones are going crazy in this phase of life.

I don't want to sound too negative since I also hope for something which can help me, but I guess hormonal acne requires antibiotics, have you talked about it with your derm? I will go to mine next week

MemberMember
(@real-acnekillerz)

Posted : 02/09/2015 6:47 am

hey I can help.have had 25 years experience dealing with moderate to severe acne.go back to your dermatoligist or dr. that prescribes your meds.and ask for a cephalosporin antibiotic as in duricef (cefradoxil) is generic 2 500 mg capsules daily.you need a broad spectrum antibiotic like this for severe acne.most importantly take 400 mg of ibuprofen directly with each dose of antibiotic.this will knockout acne completely until u develop resistance down the road tge ibuprifen is very safe moderate dose as long as yiurevnot taking any blood thinner prescriptions.did this treatmebt successfully for over 10 years other antibiotics.cephalosporins great for severe acne are cephalexin,omnicef,spectracef,ceftin,vantin,ceclor,cedax and velosef good luck post again on what you did