Notifications
Clear all

Just Need To Ask Again What This Really Is

MemberMember
(@aiharayuzu09)

Posted : 11/29/2014 3:31 pm

I posted about three weeks ago on my dilemma. Someone commented that it was PIH so I just bought AHA from this website.

Without using AHA, how long will they fade on their own?

post-432051-0-90270400-1417293076_thumb.

post-432051-0-47640000-1417293093_thumb.

MemberMember
(@rocker165)

Posted : 11/30/2014 12:53 am

Its hard to tell how long it would take for those marks to fade naturally. But if you use AHA or perhaps Retinoic Acid, it can definitely speed up the "fading process". Let's say a month or two? Just be sure to use sunblock while you're on AHA.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 11/30/2014 5:44 am

Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. usually takes 3-6 months to completely fade in my experience. Really depends how severe the original lesion was.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 11/30/2014 10:52 am

Go for Vbeam, you'll be glad you did. Or wait it off, ORRR try microneedling on the hyperpigmentation.

MemberMember
(@aiharayuzu09)

Posted : 12/01/2014 1:16 am

Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. usually takes 3-6 months to completely fade in my experience. Really depends how severe the original lesion was.

Ok. I've just gotten my acne under control about a month ago so I guess I'm rushing things way too much. I'm sort of scared if I use AHA that my breakouts will come back...

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 12/02/2014 5:01 am

Ok. I've just gotten my acne under control about a month ago so I guess I'm rushing things way too much. I'm sort of scared if I use AHA that my breakouts will come back...

then you must have noticed a massive difference in how your face looks. Once you're acne is under control, I suggest using chemicals such as glycolic acid, arbutin or kojic acid (or all 3, i have a cream that is a combination of all 3) and its great for fading marks. Because of the glycolic acid, the marks scab for a bit of time, then eventually a layer of skin peels off (this is visibly seen) and you'll notice that your dark spot is a few shades lighter.

Chemical peels also do the trick pretty well (glycolic peels). They work the same way but a bit deeper into the skin, making your skin smoother and clearer . hope i've helped :)

zero1977 liked
MemberMember
(@kimchiimonsturr)

Posted : 12/02/2014 6:34 am

My PIH took 6 to 8 months to COMPLETELY fade away. Takes a long time. Wear sunscreen everyday, even when it's cloudy outside. Exfoliate 1-2 times a week and chemical peel once a week. You need patience when treating PIH.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 12/03/2014 10:44 am

My PIH took 6 to 8 months to COMPLETELY fade away. Takes a long time. Wear sunscreen everyday, even when it's cloudy outside. Exfoliate 1-2 times a week and chemical peel once a week. You need patience when treating PIH.

Chemical peel everyweek is how you get skin cancer..

MemberMember
(@kimchiimonsturr)

Posted : 12/03/2014 12:53 pm

Chemical peel everyweek is how you get skin cancer..

Chemical peels don't cause cancer. It does make you photosensitive to light which can cause UV light to penetrate our skin and mutate our DNA, then it can cause cancer. That's why sunscreen is needed. Chemical peels, especially natural mild ones ( AHAs ), don't cause cancer...

If you mean professional strength chemical peels administered by dermatologist, then that would be harsh on the skin for every week use but even that won't cause cancer. I hope you know that many people use mild chemical peels like AHAs once a week, and the only complications that usually arise is dry and irritated skin.

Since you said "skin cancer", I assume it's because you become more photosensitive to UV light, thus are more susceptible to skin cancer. BUT if you read what I wrote I said, " Wear sunscreen everyday, even when it's cloudy outside ", so how can skin cancer grow if their is protection against UV rays?

Chemical peels doesn't DIRECTLY cause cancer, if it did you would need a prescription for even the most basic peel. Chemical peels will INDIRECTLY cause skin cancer if necessary precautions aren't taken ( Sunscreen ).

Sorry for my bad english.

EDIT:

And sunscreens don't cause cancer too... Their are grumblings in social media and in the pseudo-medically-intellectual lay folk community stating such blasphemous accusations. Their are toxic chemicals in most sunscreens though, that can cause organ toxicity and immunotoxicity with prolonged use. So I suggest using natural sunscreens or toxic free sunscreens like http://www.acne.org/elta-md-uv-physical-broad-spectrum-spf-41-sunscreen-reviews-1557/

MemberMember
(@zero1977)

Posted : 12/04/2014 11:10 am

Antonthegreat what cream do use could i ask please? Id love to know what to uses on my own acne scars. Thank you.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 12/05/2014 5:51 am

Antonthegreat what cream do use could i ask please? Id love to know what to uses on my own acne scars. Thank you.

Its a combination of glycolic acid, kojic acid and arbutin all in one cream. I bought it from my dermatologist so it doesn't have any brand, however one very similar to it would be a cream called "Demelan cream". You can google it to know more :)

zero1977 liked
MemberMember
(@zero1977)

Posted : 12/05/2014 9:44 am

Thanks for letting me know about the cream.

MemberMember
(@jayesbro)

Posted : 12/05/2014 9:14 pm

As mostly everyone mentioned, it's hyper pigmentation also known as "Dark spots." They will fade on their own, or you could use peels to speed it up slightly. You need to use sunscreen with either route you take, as the sun is very damaging to the skin and will make the dark spots worse.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 12/05/2014 9:15 pm

As mostly everyone mentioned, it's hyper pigmentation also known as "Dark spots." They will fade on their own, or you could use peels to speed it up slightly. You need to use sunscreen with either route you take, as the sun is very damaging to the skin and will make the dark spots worse.

have you tried any chemical peels issued by a dermatologist? If so, how did they turn out?

MemberMember
(@jayesbro)

Posted : 12/05/2014 9:27 pm

As of right now, I haven't. Due to working and going to school both full time, I haven't had a chance to see him again. After I finished my Accutane treatment, he shook my hand and said congratulations. He didn't make an attempt to follow up. Sometime during the winter break, I will probably try a chemical peel, I actually have them to do myself, but I don't think I'm willing to do that to myself without a Doctor. I mainly just use salicylic acid at a 2% concentration twice a day, and for the most part it seems to be slowly helping.

MemberMember
(@zero1977)

Posted : 12/07/2014 7:36 am

Antonthegreat just wondering the cream your derm gave you does it help peel a lot? I could do with something that helps make the skin smoother too.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 12/07/2014 9:07 am

Antonthegreat just wondering the cream your derm gave you does it help peel a lot? I could do with something that helps make the skin smoother too.

It does, literally it peels so much if you use it everyday. It makes your skin quite irritated and itchy, thats how I know im on the right path.

If you put the cream on for 3 nights straight (and i mean be generous, put quite a bit in each spot), stop for about a week. You'll notice peeling and major itchiness lol. Don't scratch though.

At the start your face may seem like its getting worse, thats just an illusion. Your skin is just irritated and red from the glycolic acid. It'll be all worth it once it starts peeling.