Notifications
Clear all

Blackheads Will Not Go - Causing Severe Anxiety.

MemberMember
(@jacktwick)

Posted : 11/25/2014 2:35 pm

I have tried alot of products in the past but my blackheads will not go, They completly cover my nose and outwards towards my cheeks, also going up across my forehead.

I am using strips daily on my nose area which always seem to pull out around 20-30 each time I use them, however it seems that the ones which are removed are replaced again within 2 or so days.

Its a non stop cycle, I get out 20-30, another 90 or so remain, the next day I get out another 20-30, and the previuos days ones are rebuilding.

In the past I have tried

• anti biotics
  • differin
  • Face Scrubs(over 10 brands)
  • removing carbs from diet - Works quite well for general spots
  • removing dairy from diet - Works quite well for general spots
  • Vitamin b5 (panthothenic acid) 1500mg per day for 1 month(500mg on wake, 500mg mid day, 500mg before sleep) - No improvment noticed.

What else is left, I already have bad depression but being too close to people with this is causing my anxiety to get real bad.

I can pay for help.

Regards

MemberMember
(@mandystrope)

Posted : 11/25/2014 10:56 pm

Natural manuka specially manuka honey can treat acne. Natural manuka honey actually contains the highest levels of antibacterial properties that fight infection associated with acne vulgaris. It also helps fade old acne scars. Just make sure you are getting the genuine manuka honey to get its real healing benefits.

MemberMember
(@a97)

Posted : 11/29/2014 1:38 pm

You need to use an effective salicylic acid (bha) product. Paula's choice makes great ones. Just be gentle on your skin and avoid scrubbing. The strips remove only the surface of the blackhead and doesn't go deep into the pore like bha does.

MemberMember
(@jacktwick)

Posted : 11/30/2014 1:47 pm

Natural manuka specially manuka honey can treat acne. Natural manuka honey actually contains the highest levels of antibacterial properties that fight infection associated with acne vulgaris. It also helps fade old acne scars. Just make sure you are getting the genuine manuka honey to get its real healing benefits.

Thanks, I was going to also try tea tree oil.

Do I just apply the honey and wait? If so how long do I leave it on for? and how many times a day/week do I do this?

You need to use an effective salicylic acid (bha) product. Paula's choice makes great ones. Just be gentle on your skin and avoid any sort of scrubbing.

You need to use an effective salicylic acid (bha) treatment. Paula's choice makes grrat ones. Just avoid scrubbing your face. And the strips remove only the surface of the blackhead and doesn't go deep into the pore like bha does.

Have purcahsed this today, how long do you think until I see results, and how many times a day do I use it?

Regards

MemberMember
(@a97)

Posted : 11/30/2014 4:51 pm

It depends on the size of your blackheads but you should see an improvement after a few day in your skin tone and texture. It's best to use it twice a day after cleansing and follow with sunscreen in the morning. I am just curious to know which bha product did you buy and what's your skincare routine right now.

MemberMember
(@jacktwick)

Posted : 12/01/2014 8:16 pm

It depends on the size of your blackheads but you should see an improvement after a few day in your skin tone and texture. It's best to use it twice a day after cleansing and follow with sunscreen in the morning. I am just curious to know which bha product did you buy and what's your skincare routine right now.

I do not have a routine right now, and havnt done for the last 2 years, I got fed up with nothing working and trying so hard for the previuos 5-6 years so decided to just stop everything - I would basically wake up and just leave my face as it is.(no washing etc)

Products I brought was

20% version of Salycid Acid - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180932475263?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=480179082004&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

20% version of Glycolic Acid - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25ml-Glycolic-Acid-AHA-Skin-Peel-Acne-Treatment-25ml-your-choice-of-/141489664232?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Skincare_PP&var=&hash=item20f170f0e8

Planning to try both.

MemberMember
(@hdsaurusrex)

Posted : 12/01/2014 10:45 pm

Hi JackTwick!

I agree with the above threads that you should use a BHA cleanser... I also agree that Paula's Choice products work wonders!

Right now, I am using the 2% BHA liquid exfoliant and saw results literally overnight. It helped with both my acne and my pores, particularly blackheads (especially those stubborn ones!).

http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/skin-care-categories/aha-and-bha-exfoliants/_/skin-perfecting-two-percent-bha-liquid-exfoliant/

That's the link to what I'm using right now... I would also suggest getting into a regular skin routine. That would most likely help with the blackheads and help to prevent any new acne from forming (if you suffer from breakouts that is!). Just be sure not to over do it; scrubbing and cleansing repeatedly will just make things worse.

Best of luck to you!

MemberMember
(@jacktwick)

Posted : 12/05/2014 7:00 pm

Hi JackTwick!

I agree with the above threads that you should use a BHA cleanser... I also agree that Paula's Choice products work wonders!

Right now, I am using the 2% BHA liquid exfoliant and saw results literally overnight. It helped with both my acne and my pores, particularly blackheads (especially those stubborn ones!).

http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/skin-care-categories/aha-and-bha-exfoliants/_/skin-perfecting-two-percent-bha-liquid-exfoliant/

That's the link to what I'm using right now... I would also suggest getting into a regular skin routine. That would most likely help with the blackheads and help to prevent any new acne from forming (if you suffer from breakouts that is!). Just be sure not to over do it; scrubbing and cleansing repeatedly will just make things worse.

Best of luck to you!

2% vs 20% is a big jump, how often do you use your paulaschoice product?

And when you say you noticed a improvment overnight, Does the product actually melt away the whole hard sebum(the sebum that often creates the actual black-head look) or just remove the topmost layer(black part)

regards

MemberMember
(@hdsaurusrex)

Posted : 12/07/2014 11:23 am

The Paula's Choice BHA products (whether you use the one I mentioned or not) treat both the surface and inside pores. That's what makes BHA products so effective; they treat both areas.

I use the Paula's Choice 2% BHA treatment every night... sometimes the morning if I see "problem" areas.

And by "improvement overnight", I mean that I had a breakout on my forehead, and I applied the product before bed (I had received it earlier that day). The next morning, the breakout had been reduced by about 80-90% and the redness was gone. The product helps my skin prevent blemishes and breakouts, and with prolonged use, I've found that it's helping with my blackheads too. I have very deep blackheads that span my nose and the sides of my nose, somewhat onto my cheek bone area... and they've been reduced.

There's no miracle treatment for blackheads, unfortunately. You just have to stick to a particular treatment, and over time it will help. Check out the other products on Paula's Choice as well. Some are specifically geared towards blackheads!

MemberMember
(@jacktwick)

Posted : 01/11/2015 6:23 am

I am about 1 month in since using Tea Tree Oil + manuka soap. Results are not much better than without all this tbh.

MemberMember
(@hdsaurusrex)

Posted : 01/20/2015 8:57 pm

I am about 1 month in since using Tea Tree Oil + manuka soap. Results are not much better than without all this tbh.

Sorry to hear you haven't seen any improvements... Any updates so far?

I've actually recently started using a Clay Mask called Aztec Secret Indian Clay (bentonite clay) and it has actually helped me with my blackheads, particularly the really large and deep ones on my nose. The bentonite clay also helps with acne and improves circulation.

It's super cheap too!

MemberMember
(@deadfish723)

Posted : 01/23/2015 12:26 pm

I think you should really consider if blackheads should really be causing you to feel depression and anxiety, especially since they are way less noticeable than other types of acne, and definitely less noticeable to other people than you think. Not to be insensitive, i know how frustrating it can be. Ive been through the same issue with blackheads and nothing seems to work, including the other treatments other commenters mentioned. It might be because pores are usually larger on those areas than on your cheeks. So instead of fretting i just put some powder fountain on it

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/23/2015 7:57 pm

Most honey claiming to be manuka, actually isn't. Not only that, but apart from it being soothing and antibacterial, it's honey... on your face. It's not practical.

Does the OP have a picture for the blackheads? Are they true black heads or sebaceous filaments? I ask this because sebaceous filaments are useful in pores and not actually bad things. If you forcefully squeeze sebaceous filaments for example, they'll wriggle out but then you have a pore which is actually more prone to spots than before.