Reducing Dosage Of ...

Notifications
Clear all

Reducing Dosage Of Bp?

MemberMember
(@tpower)

Posted : 11/24/2014 4:42 pm

I'm sure this question has already been asked several times, but I really want to get a response just for me. Basically, I've been on the regimen for 6 months now but only the last 3 of them on Dan's products. For the last month I've decided to use only 1 full pump morning and evening and I've still managed to stay clear.

Now I'm thinking about making the dosage even lower and using 1 full pump once per day. The main reason for this is that BP makes my skin look somewhat older. Scars are also getting more visible and even AHA+ isn't helping the way I'd like it to. However, I'm really scared that my acne may return again. One or two pimples wouldn't be that much of an issue I guess, but I really don't want to go through that phase all over again. Also my red scars tend to linger over a year so I have to be careful not to get new ones.

What would you advice me?

P.S. By the way, there are some stories from people who claim that they've managed to stay 100% clear even after discontinuing usage of BP entirely. What do you think about this?

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 11/24/2014 5:31 pm

If you're staying clear on one pump twice a day, nothing wrong with trying one pump once a day. If you find after awhile that you're not staying as clear as you'd like on this dosage, then just go back to the one pump twice a day. It can take a little trial and error to get the dosage just right for your specific skin.

As to your other question, acne can and does go into remission and oftentimes we don't know why any more than we know why people suffer for years with this skin disorder. I'm living proof of that. Been acne-free for 6 years and no longer need treatment. It's possible that turning around my bad diet contributed. But whatever was causing my hormones to go wacko resolved itself and I've been clear ever since.

Anyway, looks like you're on the right track with the Regimen and getting clear. Well done! :)

MemberMember
(@tpower)

Posted : 11/29/2014 7:13 am

If you're staying clear on one pump twice a day, nothing wrong with trying one pump once a day. If you find after awhile that you're not staying as clear as you'd like on this dosage, then just go back to the one pump twice a day. It can take a little trial and error to get the dosage just right for your specific skin.

As to your other question, acne can and does go into remission and oftentimes we don't know why any more than we know why people suffer for years with this skin disorder. I'm living proof of that. Been acne-free for 6 years and no longer need treatment. It's possible that turning around my bad diet contributed. But whatever was causing my hormones to go wacko resolved itself and I've been clear ever since.

Anyway, looks like you're on the right track with the Regimen and getting clear. Well done!

Thank you very much for your response! Even though I'm replying now, I read your comment several days ago and I decided to try reducing the dosage right away. Hopefully I'll stay clear, we'll see. Now I'm doing the Regimen evenings only, one pump BP. If that doesn't work, maybe I'll first try 2 pumps before going back to twice per day.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 11/29/2014 8:33 am

Read my mind, I was going to suggest 2 pumps once a day as another possibility for adjusting your Regimen so you're only using BP once a day. (My son is actually using 2 pumps once a day and it's doing a good job keeping him clear). But hope the lower dosage works out! Good luck! Let us know how you do. :)

MemberMember
(@hound)

Posted : 12/03/2014 6:57 am

For the past three and a half months, I've been applying half a pump (pea size amount) once a day (night only), and I have still been clear.

This "pea size amount" is how Proactiv instructs their users to apply BP, so I gave it a try and it worked out. Though, this is a change I made AFTER my active acne had disappeared, so I think the initlal two pumps dosage is still important.

As for night only, I think this is best because our skin heals the most during sleep. Applying it in the morning, before heading out into the sun, never seemed like a good idea to me anyway.

I've actually posted this in a topic I made regarding my progress of weaning off the Regimen. I do this because if my experiment proves to be successful, it can actually further encourage people to use the Regimen, since they would know that it doesn't have to be used for years on end.