Notifications
Clear all

Clear Skin: Addicted To Bp Vs. Accutane

MemberMember
(@newjge)

Posted : 11/24/2014 2:09 pm

Hello I have been using The Regimen for almost 2 months now and I must say it has really worked for me my acne is pretty clear now just only acne scars and redness.

But before I started The Regimen I also made a Derma appointment and had to wait 1 Month and a Half to be able to see them.

So when I finally seen them they perscribed me Accutane. My acne was much worse then being only 5 weeks on The Regimen.

Feel like dont really need it now but want your guys thoughts.

So my question to you guys is what do you think I should do.

Keep having clear skin with BP or use Accutane?

Atleast after Accutane wont be addicted to BP will be able to use drugstore cleansers and have it actually work.

But then again my skin is pretty clear now because of BP just only acne scars that go away by time I would be done Accutane anyway with clear skin....

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 11/24/2014 5:32 pm

Accutane is a big choice, you can always extend it. That is, if this works now and you don't really need accutane then maybe just wait until you really feel like you do. There are never any insurance that accutane will 'cure' it forever, and it can cause pretty severe side effects. But, there is also the chance that it might clear you forever and you get very minimal side effects.... But again, it is all up to you if you want to take that risk. If you feel unsure, then wait. You'll know when you've had enough.

MemberMember
(@newjge)

Posted : 11/24/2014 10:35 pm

Accutane is a big choice, you can always extend it. That is, if this works now and you don't really need accutane then maybe just wait until you really feel like you do. There are never any insurance that accutane will 'cure' it forever, and it can cause pretty severe side effects. But, there is also the chance that it might clear you forever and you get very minimal side effects.... But again, it is all up to you if you want to take that risk. If you feel unsure, then wait. You'll know when you've had enough.

Thanks for your input. I think I will wait, dont think accutane is really gonna help with scarring from what I've read and seems that scars heal better after off of accutane so thats just gonna make me wait much longer to get rid of scars since my face is pretty clear now just need to deal with scars