Notifications
Clear all

Atrophic Scars Treatment

MemberMember
(@nott101)

Posted : 11/23/2014 7:23 pm

How's it so impossible to get rid of our acne scars when something like THIS is possible? (Take look at picture). It just doesn't make sense to me. Can't they like remove a bulk of our skin like in the picture and put in new skin so we can achieve a similar result? It just seems so insane to me that this is such a huge issue with no real solution.

post-431727-0-33167400-1416788576.jpg

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 11/23/2014 11:00 pm

got $10,000?

and why don't you just go to a derm like I did instead of freaking out like the guys on recellspray on thread

MemberMember
(@bloodwar44)

Posted : 11/24/2014 7:39 am

How's it so impossible to get rid of our acne scars when something like THIS is possible? (Take look at picture). It just doesn't make sense to me. Can't they like remove a bulk of our skin like in the picture and put in new skin so we can achieve a similar result? It just seems so insane to me that this is such a huge issue with no real solution.

It doesn't look good at all in real life. Pictures are deceiving. It looks like you have a huge patch of different skin there.

I've been some of the top plastic surgeons in the world, no one really has a way to make skin perfect or near perfect again lol

rudy1986 liked
MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 11/24/2014 10:02 am

of course its not gonna be perfect but after getting rid of the white lines around it and touch ups , already a improvement

MemberMember
(@bloodwar44)

Posted : 11/24/2014 11:53 am

you can't get rid of the white lines ..

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 11/24/2014 8:47 pm

im sure you can , always a way

MemberMember
(@nott101)

Posted : 11/24/2014 11:46 pm

@Robertitoo, if someone were to tell me I'd get results like those seen in the pic, I'd do everything I could to get that 10K. By the way, what makes you think I haven't already seen a derm?

@bloodwar44, you sure about that? It looks pretty damn good in the pic... I can't imagine it being too far off in real life. Slightly different color skin patch isn't anything some makeup couldn't fix. It's better than a bunch of indentations that no makeup in the world can make disappear, no?

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 11/25/2014 11:32 am

Yeah I don't get it either the things they can do for people that have had skin cancer are so amazing to me.

Its so crazy my hubby had a basil cell carcinoma removed near his nose and they had to go a few layers deep and when he took off the bandage I was freaked out by the fact that they went down so far. I felt so bad for him because i figured he would have this nice size hole in his face for the rest of his life. Wouldn't you know it a few months later it totally filled in and you cant even see any red mark or anything from where it was done?! I don't get it. My indented acne scars I got from almost 2 years ago never filled in and they weren't even that indented (well nothing like what he had). I cant figure out why that is though.

MemberMember
(@bloodwar44)

Posted : 11/25/2014 5:12 pm

@Robertitoo, if someone were to tell me I'd get results like those seen in the pic, I'd do everything I could to get that 10K. By the way, what makes you think I haven't already seen a derm?

@bloodwar44, you sure about that? It looks pretty damn good in the pic... I can't imagine it being too far off in real life. Slightly different color skin patch isn't anything some makeup couldn't fix. It's better than a bunch of indentations that no makeup in the world can make disappear, no?

thats what my surgeon said . the skin graft has to come from somewhere too.

MemberMember
(@nott101)

Posted : 11/26/2014 1:25 am

bloodwar44, Did you get the dermal graft procedure done? It seems like a great option. I'm personally considering it... if I find a good surgeon for it, that is.

tracy521, they performed a dermal graft procedure on him, right? or are you saying his hole filled in by itself?

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 11/26/2014 9:40 am

they did not perform a dermal graft the hole filled in all by itself. craziness!!

MemberMember
(@bloodwar44)

Posted : 11/26/2014 12:20 pm

bloodwar44, Did you get the dermal graft procedure done? It seems like a great option. I'm personally considering it... if I find a good surgeon for it, that is.

tracy521, they performed a dermal graft procedure on him, right? or are you saying his hole filled in by itself?

all the surgeons i went to were very sure of it looking very bad or worse , none of them wanted to do it

MemberMember
(@nott101)

Posted : 11/28/2014 11:45 am

bloodwar44, I really believe those opinions were based on the surgeons' inabiltiies. Have you seen the post titled "dermal grafts"? The poster went to a surgeon in australia for her dermal grafts and was very pleased with the outcome. Also, according to my understanding, aren't the grafts placed under the scar tissue to lift the tissue up? It's not stitched onto the surface... so why would it look bad? I might be misinformed.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 11/28/2014 6:03 pm

This is a skin graft, where a piece of skin is taken from somewhere else and stitched in place to cover the wound. A dermal graft usually involves taking a piece of skin from behind the ear, stripping the epidermis off and leaving only the dermis, and then inserting it underneath a scar into a pocket created by subcision.