Notifications
Clear all

Fecal Transplant To Cure Pityrosporum Folliculitis

MemberMember
(@beemm)

Posted : 11/23/2014 6:24 pm

I acquired pityrosporum folliculitis one year ago as a result of a round of antibiotics. Prior to that, i gad perfect skin. Since then I have spent thousands of hours researching how I can rid myself of this condition, as I am simply not content with "managing" this skin nightmare for the rest of my life.

I believe I may have found the answer.

My research has told me that mallassezia (the yeast responsible for pityrosporum folliculitis) normally lives in everybody's skin and causes no issues when it is in balance with the body's beneficial bacteria. I have read numerous stories on forums and it seems those suffering from PF have something in common. Antibiotics.

The antibiotics I took killed off the benefits bacteria allowing the malassezia yeast to grow out of control. And no amount of topical treatments will get rid of this problem for good. The root of the problem is on the inside. The gut and skin flora was tampered with and needs restoring to its previous balance.

Because I refuse to live with this for the rest of my life, I am willing to do anything to get my perfect skin back. So how does one go about restoring the flora? Fecal transplants. Transplanting a healthy person's beneficial bacteria into your own body.

Before you freak out about the feces part, know that this is an actual medical procedure carried out all over the world to cure illnesses such as C. Diff, IBS, Crohn's....

The good news is, you can do the procedure yourself at home. All you need is a healthy donor, an anema kit and some inexpensive tools. There are numerous videos on Youtube showing people how to do it themselves. People are restoring the balance in their bodies with this procedure and curing the incurable! I have yet to find anything online of someone trying this for a skin condition. I will gladly be the first and intend on undergoing this procedure in the next couple weeks, using my healthy 5-year-old niece as my donor.

Once my gut flora is restored, I am confident that my skin issues will be a thing of the past. I will report my outcome after.

For more info on this, watch this interesting video:

MemberMember
(@smith8)

Posted : 11/27/2014 4:10 pm

This is very interesting! Some time ago I thought about something similar but I'm suprise this actually exists. Please let us know the results.

MemberMember
(@beemm)

Posted : 11/29/2014 10:29 pm

Apparently there is a lot of prep that needs to be done prior to undergoing a fecal transplant. One must go on a low carb/low fiber diet for 2 weeks to clear the colon and then it is recommended that one take oral antifungal to clear the yeast. Once the transplant is done it will allow the good bacteria to grow. I'm in the prepping stages but In the meantime I have ordered a skin probiotic. I didn't even know they existed but its exactly what my skin needs. The gut and skin have their own flora and I need a probiotic that returns the good bacteria specifically to the skin. There are a couple brands on the market. I chose the most cost effective one and can't wait for it to arrive in the mail soon. Will let you all know how that goes as well. But THIS shall be the cure for this condition if there is one. Returning the good bacteria that was killed off by antibiotic use.

Listener liked
MemberMember
(@shadarsan)

Posted : 01/01/2015 6:54 am

I tried FMT via the capsule method as a last resort for my adult acne. I didn't really have acne as a teenager, but developed it in my 20's after taking lots of antibiotics. Once I had the acne, a dermatologist then prescribed more antibiotics. I tried everything except Accutane--fish oil, tons of benzoyl, topical antibiotics like Acanya, tea tree oil.....
So I took the FMT capsules two months ago. 15 capsules two days in a row (total of 30). No improvement for a solid month, then within a week, my skin cleared up 95% and has remained clear. I now have maybe one or two whiteheads or small things, but nothing on my neck, which was the biggest problem area. I am now 32, so had the acne for several years.

rebelheart and Beemm liked
MemberMember
(@listener)

Posted : 01/02/2015 6:38 am

I hear ya Beemm and I think you are absolutely correct about the gut dysbiosis. I'm convinced that it's responsible for almost all skin problems. However the actual effectiveness of the home procedure version of the FMT has to be examined. It has been highly effective against C.Diff and the capsule version and naso-gastric route was even more effective than the enema route (which is counterintuitive).

Have you tried a probiotic? None of them come close to the bacterial variance that an FMT would provide, BUT, I did have great success with a very high strength (it had 9 strains of human intestinal bacteria, so it was about as good as is available).

In other words, I could not match the number of species but I did atleast find a high enough dose - for my case atleast (it is half a TRILLION per dose). You can check out some of my posts about my specific results. I've posted a little about it on these forums. I might make a big post/review - along with a couple general dietary habits I follow now.

Apparently there is a lot of prep that needs to be done prior to undergoing a fecal transplant. One must go on a low carb/low fiber diet for 2 weeks to clear the colon and then it is recommended that one take oral antifungal to clear the yeast. Once the transplant is done it will allow the good bacteria to grow. I'm in the prepping stages but In the meantime I have ordered a skin probiotic.

You can skip all that prepping stage by doing a couple of saline enemas prior to the FMT. You need to do them prior to the transplant anyway, if you want to give yourself a decent shot at success.

You can either attempt to reduce contents of your colon via starving yourself for 2 weeks..... or you can simply flush it all out just prior to the transplant.

MemberMember
(@beemm)

Posted : 01/12/2015 4:18 pm

Shadarsan,

Are you still only 95% clear? Were you on a special diet or on antifugals prior to taking the capsules? I'm interested in trying this as well.

I haven't done the FMT yet due to donor issues but I still intend on doing it. I have started a strict anti-candida diet. I have only found one person online that managed to cure their yeast acne through diet. She had the same forehead bumps I have after a round of antibiotics. You can read her story on her blog. I believe it's called "healthextremist.com". The real cure for this problem lies within repopulating the gut with the bacteria that was killed off by the antibiotics. If someone would like to correspond privately in search for a cure please private message me. At the moment I am also exploring cold laser. I have seen a few but promising testimonials of permanent cures of malassezia conditions with cold laser (ie. sebbhorreic dermatitis or dandruff).

MemberMember
(@coequalhill)

Posted : 05/03/2015 7:29 am

Once the majority of species of gut bacteria dies there is no way to repopulate then except by doing a fmt. Our adult stomach and digestive systems are too strong and kill the majority of bacteria going in that way. I've read less then 1% of probiotics makes it past the stomach acid. Keep in mind even the best, highest quality probiotics have about 11 bacteria stains. Our gut has 500+ strains. You want good bacteria, do a fmt. I did. The results are amazing.

MemberMember
(@bidgood)

Posted : 05/04/2015 2:09 am

What were your results, CoequalHill? Also, how and where did you get it done? I would definitely like to try this in the near future.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 05/04/2015 2:12 am

I want to do this. Problem is I don't know anyone I feel comfortable asking who is also healthy.. .

MemberMember
(@coequalhill)

Posted : 05/05/2015 1:00 am

I did at home. I followed the diy instructions on the power of poo website. I found a healthy donor, got a sample and went for it. I also did probiotic enemas and took homemade probiotics (tens of thousands times more probiotics then store bought stuff, and significantly more types of bacteria) . The results have been amazing so far.

MemberMember
(@ihavebumps)

Posted : 06/29/2015 4:05 am

Has anyone got any updates on this? I made an account specifically to look into getting rid of malassezia folliculitis. Like you guys I'm not content to treat this everyday for the rest of my life - I want a cure. Coequalhill's posts are very encouraging - do they have an update?

I took antibiotics for mild to moderate acne for months and developed this condition shortly after. I then went on to develop ulcerative colitis, which tells me there is something wrong with my gut. I'm on prednisone for my ulcerative colitis which unfortunately has led to my malassezia folliculitis spreading - it started on my face, and has now spread to my neck, chest, back, shoulders and forearms. I even get the odd papule or pustule on my ear, it's ridiculous!

Like the OP I am desperate to get rid of this condition. Once I am off prednisone for my UC - should be in a few months - I plan on undergoing Fecal Transplant to hopefully cure both my colitis and my folliculitis. Has anyone made any progress or attempted FMT? I'm feeling hopeless.

MemberMember
(@glb2130)

Posted : 06/29/2015 12:19 pm

Please try metronidazole cream!!!!!!!! I had folliculitis on my chin and this has helped SO much. Mine is .75 strength, it was a perscriptipn from my dermatologist

WishClean liked
MemberMember
(@billybilo)

Posted : 08/17/2016 10:17 am

Hi guys, i know its been a while, so I dont knownif anyone is going to reply.

few words about me, same old story.

got seborrheic dermatitis after tons of antibiotics.

tried everything to no avail.

my gut is completly out of balance.

no beneficial flora.

tried a few fmts now.

kind of hard to to seed it properly.

the enemas only reach the lower colon and not the upper.
despite off all the movements and positions.

did saline enemas before, didnt work though.

dont think its a donor issue, good stool, good diversity.

tried the bottom down method today.

double capsuled, i was wondering i should fast for 24 hours before Intake the fmt pills and afterwards or what do you think?

MemberMember
(@thermoplasmonics)

Posted : 10/08/2017 12:11 pm

On 17/08/2016 at 5:17 PM, Billybilo said:

Hi guys, i know its been a while, so I dont knownif anyone is going to reply.

few words about me, same old story.

got seborrheic dermatitis after tons of antibiotics.

tried everything to no avail.

my gut is completly out of balance.

no beneficial flora.

tried a few fmts now.

kind of hard to to seed it properly.

the enemas only reach the lower colon and not the upper.
despite off all the movements and positions.

did saline enemas before, didnt work though.

dont think its a donor issue, good stool, good diversity.

tried the bottom down method today.

double capsuled, i was wondering i should fast for 24 hours before Intake the fmt pills and afterwards or what do you think?

Hello,
I am very interested in your development as I have exactly the same condition for years now.
Did you manage to cure your DS with FMT ?
Also I would like to try FMT and would like to know where did you get the FMT pills ?
Thanks in advance and good luck do not despair!!

MemberMember
(@beemm)

Posted : 02/22/2018 9:06 pm

To update everyone, FMT did not cure the condition. And in fact, it took me a few years to figure out that probiotics were also worsening my skin.