Notifications
Clear all

Another Month Of Accutane?

MemberMember
(@andaction)

Posted : 11/20/2014 10:13 pm

Hey guys, first post here. About to finish my fourth month of accutane. First three months I did 40mg/day and last month I did 60mg/day.

In the last two months, I've only had 2 pimples (both two months ago) and so my derm told me that I am done. He said I could do one more month if I really wanted to and that he would leave it up to me.

The thing I am worried about is that my cumulative dosage so far is only 75mg/kg when recommended is 125-150. If I was to do one more month at 60mg then I would have a cumulative dosage of 100mg which is closer.

I really like having clear skin and although I really want to stop the tane, I also want to decrease my odds of remission. Has anyone had this happen? Any thoughts or opinions?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 11/20/2014 10:32 pm

If it was me I'd go for the extra month. Dont want to look back and think what if I would have just taken it.. But do what you think is best

MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 11/21/2014 6:20 pm

I would definitely go for a extra month.

That extra month can be decisive about acne not coming back after you end the treatment.

MemberMember
(@lilmama0922)

Posted : 11/24/2014 10:31 am

I would go the extra month too. I had the option to end at 5 months but I decided to finish at 6 months. It has only been 3 weeks since I've been off of the meds but so far so good. Fingers crossed that my acne doesn't come back. :)