Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dolcecuore

What has really worked to fade red marks?

Posted

I keep hearing recs for different things, but I want to know if someone has been able to diminish their red marks. Thanks smile.gif

Posted

I am going to say Mandelic acid and apple cider vinegar (good for me anyways).

Posted
I am going to say Mandelic acid and apple cider vinegar (good for me anyways).

Posted

It's not the acid it's the algae in a certain brand. There are more brands but people don't know about them because everyone here seems to focus on only a few companies(like loganwood or whatever it's called).

Let me revise that. It's the algae in the one brand thats breaking them out.

Posted

you are better off doing nothing, red marks heal by themselves. If you start slapping on all these so called treatments for red marks you may end up with more acne and even more red marks....a vicious circle you might say....thats my advice...good luck

Posted
It's not the acid it's the algae in a certain brand. There are more brands but people don't know about them because everyone here seems to focus on only a few companies(like loganwood or whatever it's called).

Let me revise that. It's the algae in the one brand thats breaking them out.

Posted
you are better off doing nothing, red marks heal by themselves.  If you start slapping on all these so called treatments for red marks you may end up with more acne and even more red marks....a vicious circle you might say....thats my advice...good luck

Posted

I know what you mean.. I hate redmarks! It makes your face look horrible even though it's smooth when you touch it. I've been using apple cider vinegar for a month now and the redmarks aren't fading much. doubt.gif

Posted

i can't seem to do a damn thing to make my red marks fade. i swear i've had some of them as long as 3 years. And still no fading mad.gif I have no active acne, thanks to the regimen. But the red marks make you look and FEEL like you still have acne, no matter how smooth your skin actually is to the touch. eusa_wall.gif Are we stuck with these forever??? ninja.gif

ACV makes me look like a burn victim, no matter how much i diluted it. Doesn't do a damn thing for red marks. I wouldn't go that route. eusa_hand.gif

eusa_boohoo.gif no solution sad.gif

Posted

ive been using retin-a micro for 2 months and its starting to help my (really, really bad) red marks fade along with clearing up a lot of my acne.

pro: helps acne along with scarring

con: it works so slowly.

Posted

ok well here is what i am using= MaMa lotion (Mandelic and Malic acid). its tacky so i put it on at night (like right now)... then most mornings I use ACV and sorta just rub it on and leave it til it absorbs/evaporates.

In the mornings when I wake up, i have hardly any red spots... mind you, I dont use Mama lotion and ACV every single day but more like i will do it for like 2 days straight then stop, then use emu oil at night and then ACV in the morning. My skin has been looking great these past few mornings for some odd reason (maybe cause i used some emu oil on my cheeks to moisturize???). I mean the only spots i have are freckles and a little brown scarring... but its better. at least the red is gone. LOL

Anyways i am pretty happy with my results... Maybe it was cause i took a real long hot bubble bath today and use my Mint Julep mask cause when i got out of the tub tonight my scars were so much more red then earlier in the day-- and not to mention my scars looked deeper. ARGH... Maybe i dried out my skin too much?

Anyways i think i am going to try out some mandelic acid (not mandelic/malic like i have) in the near future because i sorta bought the wrong one (Mama lotion). I wanted just mandelic but wasnt really thinking when i bought that one.

The mama lotion has not made me break out in any way in case you are wondering. I have one pimple on my jawline and the remainder of 2 on my chin and i never put Mama lotion there.

If you do decide to buy some mandelic acid just do a little spot test first on one red mark or something to see if you develop a zit there... hope u get the results you want.

Posted
i can't seem to do a damn thing to make my red marks fade.  i swear i've had some of them as long as 3 years.  And still no fading  mad.gif I have no active acne, thanks to the regimen.  But the red marks make you look and FEEL like you still have acne, no matter how smooth your skin actually is to the touch.  eusa_wall.gif Are we stuck with these forever???  ninja.gif

ACV makes me look like a burn victim, no matter how much i diluted it.  Doesn't do a damn thing for red marks.  I wouldn't go that route.  eusa_hand.gif

eusa_boohoo.gif no solution  sad.gif

Posted
If u apply bp onto ur face every single day, the red marks will appear worse, n im speaking from my own experience.

Posted

Hi, Tri-luma or any product with at least 2% hydroquinone is great for red marks. I have switched from BP to Azelex for mild acne, since it doesn't make my skin red and it seems to also have a bleaching effect. I also put some on my hairline since it's rumored to help that. user posted image It has 20% azelaic acid.

Posted

oldguy what is that product you use for mild acne? im currently doing the regimen but i don't want to make the red marks worse..

btw you cant use triluma while using BP right?

Posted

The product is called Azelex. I believe that Finacea is a product from Canada, since for some bizarre reason they haven't yes approved the stronger drug, Azelex. I don't know if you can use Tri-luma while using BP. I have never used it.

Posted

you have never used triluma?? than how come you swear its the best thing for red marks?

Posted

ACV make my marks worse..because it burnt my skin and made it look irritated..so did lemon juice

Posted

Yeah, I used diluted vinegar and I still get red splotches all over my face...i'll never do that again. It does seem to help with making my scars less noticeable though.

I've been using retin-a for acne/red marks and it's worked great. I actually noticed a difference within the first week. The red marks that had been there for ages were starting to lighten up. I've also been doing a ton of tca peels and they look better each time.

Posted

OG-

If your using Aze for its claimed effect on DHT inhibition (99%) for hairloss, its highly debatable. Only proven in vitro.

Posted
you have never used triluma?? than how come you swear its the best thing for red marks?

Posted

Wouldn't chemical peels or Smoothbeam/Vbeam lasers work to fade red marks?

Posted
Wouldn't chemical peels or Smoothbeam/Vbeam lasers work to fade red marks?

Posted
Im wondering the same thing. I go to get V-Beam done on tuesday for general redness not related to acne and wonder if it would work on red marks from previous pimples too?

Posted

OG-

No sweat