Notifications
Clear all

Update 18 Months Later! (Uk)

MemberMember
(@nomoredottodot)

Posted : 11/20/2014 9:18 am

Hello

I've been meaning to do an update for so long, and I have finally got round to it. Better late than never!

I took my last Roaccutane tablet 17 months ago, and I still have clear skin! I can't believe even now how it's worked. Of course I get the odd spot here and there (though would call it more of a pimple), but it disappears as quickly as it appears. Even my back is clear (my back was very stubborn to clear). I don't use anything special on my skin now as part of my skin routine as I find my skin is quite sensitive (always has been). So I just use baby wipes to remove my make up, and Clean N Clear Cleanser.

I suffer from no long term side effects. Just a thick scar on my wrist from where I caught it on my nail.

One thing I do want to say to female (or male) sufferers is when my skin was at my worst before I went on the Roaccutane, I was trying to find the best make up to cover my skin. I watched a Lisa Eldridge video (celeb make up artist) about how to cover acne. I purchased the foundation & concealer and it really made a difference to my confidence. I felt it covered it far better than others I tried. It's pricey, but I still have my concealer even now- a little really does go a long way. I know this is a random thing to add, but it did help boost me & only wish I found it sooner, so I feel I need to share it with others. Here's the link to the video for those that are interested:

Back to Roaccutante. All those that are hesitating or too worried about taking the plunge;do it! Without sounding OTT, it has transformed my life. I would do it again in a heartbeat if I had to. Don't let the side effects put you off. Every individual is different. I had a friend at work take Roaccutane and her side effects were minimal, she just had a sore back.

Focus on the long term rather than the short term.

If you have any questions, I am happy to answer. Here's my skin today (mid make up, so excuse me!), and also below is a link to my original diary.

And seeing I'm still wearing the same earrings 17 months on, has made me realise I need a change! A little embarrassing...!

post-197599-0-51189500-1416492492.jpg

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 11/20/2014 10:34 am

Awesome, you look great! Glad it worked for you!

MemberMember
(@eatsrainbows)

Posted : 12/14/2014 9:21 am

So I teared up when I read this. CLEAR SKIN! STILL! Congratulations! I hope you're well :)