Notifications
Clear all

Dark Spots

MemberMember
(@aprodite)

Posted : 11/18/2014 9:00 pm

What do you guys use for acne scars and dark spots? Using too many acne medication also causes uneven skintone and discoloration. I have tried Kate Somerville skin products (available at sephora) but it didnt do the job for me but worked for many people that I know.

MemberMember
(@mandystrope)

Posted : 11/19/2014 9:32 pm

I've been using manuka honey for my acne prone skin. I am also been struggling with this huge acne on my face. Manuka honey helps a lot as it helps fade my acne scar and large pimples.

MemberMember
(@sunnysarah)

Posted : 11/20/2014 6:11 am

My skin is now clear, and the dark spots left behind by some of my acne is gone. It takes time for the skin to heal, but anything moisturizing should help. Make sure you are drinking enough water, because hydrated skin can regenerate quicker than thirsty skin. As for topics you could put on your skin, I would recommend Clinique's dark spot corrector, and Ponds cold cream.

The dark spot corrector really does make a difference in the dark spots on your skin, but you have to make sure you are consistent with use. The ponds cold cream is just another added moisturizing face wash, but if you have a lotion you could use that as well.

MemberMember
(@kimchiimonsturr)

Posted : 11/21/2014 1:57 pm

I used Kojic acid soap to lighten my marks. It's very effective, but I warn you that it's very drying. Use a high quality moisturizer to combat the dryness. It will also lighten your skin alot, so if you don't want to get lighter, just spot treat your marks with Kojic acid.

Leave it on for 2 minutes MAX; if you leave it longer than that you might induce a chemical burn. Most importantly, use a sunscreen during the day to prevent any existing marks to further darken

MemberMember
(@jayesbro)

Posted : 12/05/2014 10:36 pm

The only thing that I've been using is SA, it's a very slow process. Your best bet is controlling the acne, and then looking for a way to lighten the dark spots. SA will do both at once to an extent.