Notifications
Clear all

Can Someone Diagnose My Acne Type And Give Me Suggestions?!

MemberMember
(@elcamino)

Posted : 11/17/2014 6:57 pm

So I'm 21, I've had acne since I was 12. It has been a little worse and a lot better over the 9 years. It's getting to the point now where it's becoming embarrassing because it makes me look a lot younger.

I've attached a few pictures -

I'm allergic to benzoyl peroxide, I have been on antibiotics (lymecycline), tried numerous washes, wipes and creams and yet no avail. Changed my diet, lifestyle and the rest of it... Same old shitty skin.

Any new suggestions would be brilliant.

MemberMember
(@guybrush29)

Posted : 11/17/2014 8:01 pm

have you tried sulfur soap?, try to dont pop the pimples, your acne its moderate for me.

Are you sure that you are alergic to benzoyl peroxide? what % did you use?

MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 11/17/2014 9:55 pm

Tips: be sure to wash pillow cases regularly, acne on temples indicate processed food and junk food Intake.

Change diet, and are you a smoker? Those pimples on your cheeks might indicate respiratory issues. Wash face twice a day (morning and night) apply benzoyl peroxide on affected areas, be sure to apply oil free moisterizer as to not irritate acne. Ibuprofen never hurts to cut down inflammation and redness, also an ice cube in a ziplock works as well. Apply ice cube in ziplock bag to pimple of your choice to decrease size. All of the above have helped me. Patience is key :) hope this helps! If not, sorry :o

Ps try exfoliating skin with a green mask.

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 11/17/2014 9:55 pm

Sulphur is an option. Some people have luck with apple cider vinegar or hydrogen peroxide or even banana peels. I can't use BP either and I've tried everything too. Right now I wash with Dr. Bronners all in one bar soap and then use Kiss My Face peaches and cream 4% aha moisturizer and it is working out really well. Not eating any sugar and oly drinking water is very helpful.

MN121188 liked
MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 11/17/2014 11:44 pm

Could it be some yeast infection ?

Oh my ,I hate dermatologists , who gave you the lymecicline ?

Ok go to the forums click rosacea , then click on the seborrheic dermatitis thread, click the last page 46 , please read my last t

postings , if one of your pimples comes down or redness goes away ,I bet it's caused by the mallassezia yeast or how I call it fungus, it's something that we all have in our skins ,but others , like me have more of it.

I have tried everything , I'm 52

the cleanser I use , it's not irritating , it has bp , but mixed with some other ingredients.

Ok , so if you want to do the test , then , get some vicks vaporub and rub it on one pimple overnight.

If you see a difference , then it is the demodex mite .

Im not saying this is what you should you , everyone can make their own decisions.

Google vicks vaporub on pimples

Vicks vaporub for rosacea

Vicks vaporub for seborrheic dermatitis.

People use it for eczema and psoriasis too according to some people.

Get informed ,.

Maybe be you have folliculitis , well I'm a woman but still have to remove some facial hairs every now and then with tweezers and all the time I break out after doing that .

You will probably have to stop shaving , until you get the problem under control .

My son who is probably about your age , he got the same breakouts I did , he had to endure solodyn for 3 years and differin gel for about the same , he had the full blown breakouts, for the first 4 to 5 months at the beginning of the differin gel treatment , the pimples got all big with pus and sometimes they would bleed , he never popped one , and if they pooped on their own , then he would just get a wet paper towel and wipe it, he was very patience, my daughter who suffered from acne at the same time , would say to him ,pop it , because it was really big with pus and still he would refused , he barely has any scar , after this treatment , he only washes his face with cerave foaming face wash and applies only spot treatment on the pimples that he still gets , he uses acnomel which has sulfur . And the pimples go away in about 2 days , he doesn't shave , he only does when he starts getting itchy. And he still doesn't pop his pimples , just put the acnomel overnight .

Well go to forums,click rosacea , then click seborrheic dermatitis thread, then click last page 46 , and read .

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 11/18/2014 12:27 am

Huh? Really ,accept it ,TEMPERA CENT ,that is so funny ,never ,never ,give up ,acne is not a thing that people have to accept, and I dont agree with you , don't listen to him ,I have acne , acne doesn't have me . And I'm not starting a fight , I'm just making my point.

DeLovely and MN121188 liked
MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 11/18/2014 10:54 am

I agree. Do not give up. You have very mild form of acne. Don't let that get you down!

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@elcamino)

Posted : 11/18/2014 1:28 pm

Thanks for all the replies, they are very appreciated.

Just to answer some queries and to clear a few more things up -

I never pop my spots as it only makes things worse, so if they pop on their own I can't do anything about that. My acne has recently worsened (past 6 weeks); I never get spots on my forehead or similar, I only started getting them there when I started using some face wipes for acne.

I've tried 5% and 10% benzoyl and allergic to both. The reactions were very severe.

I haven't shaved cleanly with a razor for at least 1 year to try and help my skin on that front - only trim facial hair with a beard trimmer.

I don't smoke, and barely drink any alcohol (once a month). I already wash my face twice a day and have a shower at some point during the day, either before work or after.

Last night I started using Antiac spray again. I last used it around 18 months ago and recall a slight improvement so I'm going to trial it for a few weeks again.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 11/18/2014 1:39 pm

My acne has worsened the past 6 weeks too in a way and I think it's cause of the weather changing depending on where you're from. I'm from Minnesota so the cold is really harsh on my skin. I have to moisterizer it a lot come winter to keep my skin calm or it'll get super inflamed and irritated and break break out. That might be the same with you?

MemberMember
(@elcamino)

Posted : 11/18/2014 1:42 pm

My acne has worsened the past 6 weeks too in a way and I think it's cause of the weather changing depending on where you're from. I'm from Minnesota so the cold is really harsh on my skin. I have to moisterizer it a lot come winter to keep my skin calm or it'll get super inflamed and irritated and break break out. That might be the same with you?

I'm in the UK. The temperature has dropped about 6/7 degrees over the past few weeks.

I'm having a terrible breakout at the moment. I took those pictures less than 24 hours ago and my acne has worsened.

I hear good things about Ibuprofen gel... thoughts?

MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 11/18/2014 1:51 pm

Ibuprofen is just a temporary cure to a bigger problem. Your body might just be getting rid of the excess ish in your pores. Is your body under any stress? What exactly has changed? If your looking to calm your skin down, use ice in a ziplock bag and apply to infected area for about 5 minutes every hour and it'll decrease in size. Your best best might just be to wait it out. Time heals almost everything.

Might be allergies too? Have you gone to the doctor and checked out dietary allergies? Just some ideas. There's still hope man!

MemberMember
(@elcamino)

Posted : 11/18/2014 1:52 pm

Ibuprofen is just a temporary cure to a bigger problem. Your body might just be getting rid of the excess ish in your pores. Is your body under any stress? What exactly has changed? If your looking to calm your skin down, use ice in a ziplock bag and apply to infected area for about 5 minutes every hour and it'll decrease in size. Your best best might just be to wait it out. Time heals almost everything.

Yeah, you're right there. Just wondering if using the gel would help reduce the problem.

Body is not under any physical stress, could be argued that there's some slight psychological stress. I don't even know what's changed to be honest with you, my diet has improved, I don't really eat any fast foods apart from perhaps 1 day a week.

I will try the ice solution. It's just frustrating because I've been waiting for years and years.

MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 11/18/2014 2:03 pm

Haha dude I'm right there with ya. Been struggling with it for over a decade myself. Mine is manageable now. Yours looks very mild though. Trust me it's not as bad as you might think it is. I know how you feel though. Just be patient. Try using a wash cloth and/or exfoliant as well as moisterizer at night after washing your face. That helped me more than I could imagine. Probiotics helped me too, always a thought.

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 11/18/2014 4:20 pm

Have you seen a dermatologist , differin gel it's not a peroxide

My daughter used ziana with success for about a year And a half, but then after a year , she had to stop it ,I seriously don't think that the ziana caused the reaction ,I think she was using heavy make-up and not removing it properly.

Go to the dermatologist and get it under control ,if you don't see results with topical s in a period of 3 to 4 months , then you won't .

Also there's Accutane , acne is kind of a disease , you just have to get it under control, and after that keep treating it.

Don't despair .

MemberMember
(@mandystrope)

Posted : 11/18/2014 9:57 pm

Are you familiar with manuka natural honey? I have also huge breakouts on my face which started to appear when I was 13. I've been using manuka honey for my acne for more than a month now and I'm happy that I can see some improvements on my face. It's actually a special type of honey from New Zealand that contains highest levels of antimicrobial and antibacterial properties.

MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 11/19/2014 11:54 am

People with terminal cancer accept cancer...as far as acne? No. You shouldn't accept it. There's always a solution. That's how I look at it.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 11/19/2014 2:07 pm

There's thousands of solutions. The last thing someone needs to hear is that they're fucked and have to live with it. That's depressing as fuck. Try making your solutions bigger than your problems Instead of "accepting" acne

MemberMember
(@elcamino)

Posted : 11/19/2014 3:24 pm

Just for some additional context, this is what my skin was like 11 months ago:

Seriously bad, right?! Like I said, it has improved since then but the signs are all returning to getting as worse as the above. I took this one just now, my skin is super greasy just on my inner cheek (under the eye) -

I envy the people who can eat pizzas, burgers etc. and not get a single spot! Makes me sick. Especially when I eat reasonably healthily with lean meats, fish, salads etc. in my diet.

Thanks again for all the recommendations in previous posts... I am looking into all of them!

MN121188 liked
MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 11/19/2014 4:29 pm

Well,yeah there is a little truth ,maybe about looking at others and probably ,envy is not the word for it ,but wondering .

I know someone who never had any pimples on the face .but this person ended up with this kind of inverse acne ,this kind of acne kind of develops on the butt ,well the hair follicles ,I guess they get clogged or something ,kind of like a folliculitis ,I think ,I can't tell you all about because I tend to not retend information that easily .

If I would try to envy people then I would start with my husband who if he gets a pimple that never pops and goes away the next day , and he drinks milk and eats fast food.

Or my kids who are grown up now and my son after his acne treatment can manage one or 2 pimples that go away within ,one or two days .

Or my daughter who after her acne treatment only breaks out because ,sometimes she gets lazy and her hormones.lol.

I agree with MN121188

Come on even people with cancer won't accept it,they will fight it and only accept it when its terminal,right ,MN121188.? I know and understand your point .

Great point by the way .

So camino ,get optimistic , I'm pretty sure that there is a treatment for you .also its about learning how to balance your skin ,with the help of treatment or dermatologist.

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 11/20/2014 12:35 am

FvckAcne, oh my gosh,I read v about Monsanto and the bs that is in our lives these days .

Lol ,I got tested for allergies , the patch on my back, and I left the office with allergies to some blue dye and they recommended me to wear only cotton , because I was allergic to polyester and all the dyes that they use and I thought , really ? Monsanto and their cotton .

I told my husband and about the genetically enhanced crops , and he said , well they have to do , how are they going to feed all the people in this world.

Well ,the salicylates that fruits and crops produce to protect themselves from fungus are being enhanced twice with what it's a pesticide, so guess what we are eating, and wearing ? Hello cotton.

So I went to target and I bought real butter , well you know what I mean.I'm gonna be cooking with butter and salt.

And we can't hide , all the meat has hormones.

I mean I was, never allergic to fruits before , now I get rashes .

Now I'm afraid to use cotton for the toners.

But, we have to live , my husband says that I have to stop being paranoid, but I told him that's reality .

We just have to live with what we, have, and deal with the skin problems.,however we can.

That is why I kind of laugh, when I hear , you have to eat healthy.

There is no such a thing anymore , like the time my grandpa back in Mexico, had all kind of fruit trees ,avocado,mango ,guava ,graprefruit ,guanabana ,oranges ,lemmons , he also grew bananas,grapes ,watermelon,pineapples,tomatoes, also pigs , that grew really little.

And he did this , all next to his home, and I never got sick.

Now I eat all these and I start getting itchy , my husband doesn't understand, because he hates fruits, he only eats bananas.

Oh , and the worst is , when I eat frozen food.

So regular sugar cane for me ,better than the artificial sweeteners and corn syrup.

I try not to eat a lot of sugar, but I like to drink some coke every now and then.

And I refuse to take any vitamins.

What are they going to do , fight the gems of my body .

I think that for any supplement to have any effect on the body , the body has to be in optimum ? health.

And plus, since the U.S. doctors doesn't believe in prescribing drugs to kill the intestinal parasites, like they do in Mexico , then that is why you hear in this country about the cleansing protocols,fancy name for treatment ,.LOL...the Candida cure .

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 11/22/2014 1:00 am

Growing up,my mom would give me spoonfuls of this emulsion de Scott ,,a bottle with a guy carrying a fish on his back ,kind of some fish oil ,she did this to cure me from a bronchitis that almost kill me when I was a child ,she also gave me 1 raw egg to swallow ,everyday .

She did this until I probably refused to,which probably was until I could fight being belted if I refused to take these every single day .

At the age of 26 I was diagnosed with high cholesterol and about 12 years ago with hypothyroidism .

At the time I was diagnosed with high cholesterol,I was thin ,doctors were surprised ,I wasn't and now the thyroid , hummm,I wonder why.

Be careful with taking supplements.