Notifications
Clear all

The Breakouts Just Won't Stop

MemberMember
(@rabab95)

Posted : 11/17/2014 5:54 pm

I've been on the regimen for around 7 months or so, maybe more. It has helped more than other stuff I was using so I decided to keep using it. There are some days where my face is almost completely clear, and that's what keeps me going.. but then it always starts breaking out again. And the breakouts always last forever too! It's so frustrating! I'm literally at my whits end with this. I've tried so many different things. And to top it off, lately my face has been getting red and irritated when I put on the bp in the morning, and by the end of the day it's dry again (no matter how much moisturizer I put on).

Can someone PLEASE help me?! Any suggestions?? I'm convinced my acne is hormonal, as I eat a pretty healthy diet-- lots of veggies and whole grains, lean meat. Very occasionally I have a burger or something but I didn't notice any correlation with my acne.

I don't know what to do anymore. Should I continue using the regimen? What should I switch to if i stop? No Accutane though, and I've tried tons of natural remedies to no avail. and I've even tried proactiv-- it ruined my skin. I don't know what else to try!

MemberMember
(@tbone57)

Posted : 11/18/2014 6:27 pm

Have you tried using a Sea Salt Scrub to treat your acne? This method seems to be gaining favor amoung many acne sufferers. Combine an essential oil like chamomile with Sea Salt and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. This will help exfoliate the skin and cure acne. I hope that helps you good luck

MemberMember
(@mandystrope)

Posted : 11/19/2014 9:56 pm

Are you familiar with manuka honey? I've been using this for more than a month now to treat my acne. I have an acne prone skin and large breakouts all over my face. I can see that it really helps so I continue using it and hopefully it will totally clear up pimples on my face.

MemberMember
(@rabab95)

Posted : 11/30/2014 1:03 pm

I started using Dr. Bronners Tea Tree soap, and cutting back on the BP, only using it as a spot treatment. My skin as a whole is now actually pretty nice, very soft and not red anymore, but I'm STILL breaking out!! The breakouts now are small but they just keep coming. I think at the moment it might be because I'm stressing out from finals and not getting enough sleep, but the problem remains...

Every time one pimple goes away, another comes in its place. It's soo frustrating!!

I have tried honey before, though I've never tried a sea salt scrub because I thought it actually micro shreds your skin, causing more acne? I'll look into it more.

Thanks for the suggestions. Does anyone know of something I can use other than BP? I feel like it just isn't working well. I've tried a tea tree gel from Lush before, but it just didn't do much. I'm getting so frustrated with this.. every time my skin is clear, I get another break out. It never even lasts a week anymore

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 11/30/2014 4:06 pm

I agree with looking into internal causes. If you can afford it, working with a naturopath for a few sessions may get you back on the right track. Also, a retinoid with a topical antibiotic or BP cream may be gentler than BP. Definitely don't quit cold turkey as your skin will probably freak out as mine did (still dealing with it since i quit the Regimen in May). It sucks finding a temporary solution and then having to start from scratch again but just take it one step at a time and try things systematically.

MemberMember
(@rabab95)

Posted : 11/30/2014 11:37 pm

I agree with looking into internal causes. If you can afford it, working with a naturopath for a few sessions may get you back on the right track. Also, a retinoid with a topical antibiotic or BP cream may be gentler than BP. Definitely don't quit cold turkey as your skin will probably freak out as mine did (still dealing with it since i quit the Regimen in May). It sucks finding a temporary solution and then having to start from scratch again but just take it one step at a time and try things systematically.

Do you know what the price range is for a naturopath? Also how I can find a good one, or if insurance will cover office visits?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 12/01/2014 6:11 pm

it varies and is usually not cheap. Most insurances do not cover this. My naturopath charged 450 for the initial meeting and supplements (detox stuff mostly) and then 70-90 dollars for follow up with supplements sold separately. Keep in mind that I live in NY so everything is so expensive so somewhere else may be cheaper.

Good Luck with your search

MemberMember
(@rabab95)

Posted : 12/06/2014 3:24 pm

Thanks for the all help. Unfortunately I don't have that kind of money

I have an update on my acne situation though:

I stopped using the BP and instead am washing my facing with Dr. Bronners Tea tree soap and then using a mixture of 1 cup of water and 1 tablespoon of sea salt as a toner, and then a moisturizer (mixed with AHA every night). Seems to be working really well!! My face cleared up pretty fast, still have a few small spots but nothing compared to before. I started breaking out again a 2-3 days in but I just changed the water and made a new sea salt mixture and it's better now.

The only problem with this is that my face seems to have a TON of whiteheads now. It's not noticeable unless I look really close, and I can squeeze most of them out (bad, I know but I can't stand them). It's soooooo annoying... my face is super soft and no longer constantly flaking (like it was with the BP) with this regime, but I can't seem to ever get rid of the whiteheads! and some of them turn into pimples...

I was thinking it may just be the sea salt purging my pores and bringing everything to the surface. I'm going to keep using it and see if anything changes.

Has anyone else experienced this?

MemberMember
(@somedayistoday)

Posted : 12/06/2014 4:43 pm

Yeah sea salt will do that, especially after a dip in the ocean. I also noticed that when I was using clay masks. They bring impurities to the surface. I would cut back on using the salt toner, it will make your skin harder to manage when more and more whiteheads appear. Over the summer I used clay masks multiple times a week and developed widespread whiteheads/clogged pores. Nothing was getting rid of them so I chose to go back on tretinoin which helped but now I also have inflamed acne that I need to get under control.

You seem to be on the right track as far as maintaining skin balance which is most important. Don't squeeze those whiteheads, trust me they will dry up and fall of on their own, otherwise you run the risk of spreading infection and developing inflamed acne.

MemberMember
(@scottysilver)

Posted : 12/10/2014 10:37 pm

Try spraying your face with colloidal silver 2-3 x's per day.

MemberMember
(@rabab95)

Posted : 12/11/2014 9:39 pm

Is that safe?

MemberMember
(@scottysilver)

Posted : 12/11/2014 10:41 pm

Is that safe?

I've been doing it for 2 months and it's not irritating. And my acne went away starting in one week. Read my post on colloidal silver. It's basically purified water with particles of silver. The medical profession infuses silver in many bandages these days.

MemberMember
(@elefc)

Posted : 12/21/2014 8:01 am

Hi!

I have been struggling with very bad break out all over My face for the past year( doctor would have put me on Accutane but i cannot take it for some Reasons and i wouldnt either) i still think mine Wasnt the worst but it was moderate/ severe.

I tried everything but nothing really cleared it up, ( antibiotics, duac, differin etc)

So recently i have been doing green smoothies and eating 1 carrot with olive oil each day and My skin is Getting much better, ( it has reduced My skins inflamation greatly)

You need to use oil( olive or coconut) with the smoothie cause the vitamin A and K are oil souble, means you dont get it if you dont consume oil with it.

My recepie:

1) Spinach 70 g( can be more also(

2.) 2 bananas ( for the taste )

3.) ginger ( bit for the taste)

4.) few slices of apple

5.) olive oil 1 teaspoon

6.) bit water

7.) bit juice

8.) sometimes Frozen strawberrys ( make it taste even better) :-)

9.) good quality pur© honey

I drink it Once a day and i also eat 1 carrot per day and i add olive oil to it- within a week or 2 i Saw some improvement, so try it out and it might also help you :-)

Write comment if it helps you or has helped you!

Give it a try!

I never thought it would help me before i finally tried it

Currently also using differin at night and moisturizer during day time,

Happy Holidays:-)

Ele

post-441297-0-20551600-1419166987_thumb. september

post-441297-0-88251100-1419167024_thumb. Today 21.dec- bit more redness than usually but overall much better

MemberMember
(@swalton)

Posted : 01/27/2015 9:25 am

I have tried many things to get rid of my acne antibiotics creams washes vitamins herbal medicines! Nothing's worked. I've recently begun a gluten free diet and so far no new breakouts skin is glowing wish I new about it years ago!

EleFC liked
MemberMember
(@elefc)

Posted : 01/28/2015 8:38 am

Hi!

Im glad to hear that.:-)

Now im using Dans regimen as differin didnt help much.

It has done wonders+ i still drink 1 or 2 smoothies per day, only now i add 1-2 carrots each time+ ginder root( reduces inflammation)

Best regards,

Ele