Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HI

i have just started taking Dianette about 5 days ago and i was wondering how long it takes to a) see an improvement in acne and b) completely clear it up

also i was wondering if it is worth taking, i have acne on my forehead and my lower cheeks and my chin is this hormonal acne? i get small pimples everywhere however recently they have turned into whiteheads which leave a red mark when they go , which is making the appearance of acne much worse especially on my cheeks. I am 19 and was wondering if any one could tell me the best treatment and what type of acne i have is it hormonal or what?

what is the other type of acne other hormonal acne and how would i clear this type up ?

what other factors cause acne are these some of the factors

1) too much testosterone

2) hormonal imbalance

3) stress? how do you cure this type ?

sorry about all the questions and the terrible spelling

many thanks

Hey,

You could see results in a months like in three. Give Dianette 2-3 months before deciding that it's not working.

Look up SPIRONOLACTONE. It's a great oral androgen blocker (reduces oil and acne to most ofthe time, clear skin). No real side effects, pretty safe. The only problem is that you have to keep on taking it in order for acne to stay in remission.

good luck

Dianette cleared me up completely within about 3-4 months.Thing is, my acne started coming back about a year and a half later... cry.gif