Notifications
Clear all

Guide Me Please

MemberMember
(@guybrush29)

Posted : 11/16/2014 8:05 pm

hi i am 17 years old , I always had problems with mild acne on my forehead , but this year turned more serious and affects me a lot of the cheeks

My biggest problem are the acne red marks and hyperpigmentation, i dont have any pitted scar

I really need you guys to guide me because idk if I'm really doing well my routine

My diet is healthy , do not drink coke and those things.

I went to the dermatologist and he prescribed minocycline 100mg a day, Effaclar K, Effaclar DUO (Both european versions) and clindoxyl gel, (Benzoyl peroxide 5% and Clindamicine 1%).

Right now im using:

Effaclar gel moussant purifiant, to wash my face.

Effaclar K in the morning (uk version)

Effaclar Duo at night, (uk version)

When i use Clindoxyl gel i skip effaclar duo that day because its too much.

Im really worried about using benzoyl peroxide because my biggest problem are the red marks and hyperpigmentation and i heard that benzoyl makes them slower to heal.

I need to guys to guide me and tell me if my routine is ok and if i should use the benzoyl peroxide anyways knowing that i have problem with PIH and red marks.

Please look at my pictures, rate my acne if u can and give me some advices, i would be very grateful, please look at the pictures

post-435410-0-41090100-1416186094.png

post-435410-0-03568500-1416186101.png

post-435410-0-96547100-1416186106.png

pd: i started to wear fps 30 oil free in the day too

MemberMember
(@cheekacne)

Posted : 11/16/2014 10:09 pm

Im confused why your derm prescribed bp for your acne. from the pictures I can see that you have mostly closed comedones that are flesh colored. Your cheeks aren't that bad so dont worry too much. My red marks are 10x worse on both cheeks! So my derm prescribed me with:

ziana(biacna) it has clindamycin and tretinoin 0.025(retin-a) every night

and bactrim twice a day.

He said the tretinoin would help fade the red marks. The time frame he gave me is 4 months.

anyway, Good luck on your regimen. try to use the bp sparingly to avoid irritation.

MemberMember
(@guybrush29)

Posted : 11/16/2014 10:42 pm

Im confused why your derm prescribed bp for your acne. from the pictures I can see that you have mostly closed comedones that are flesh colored. Your cheeks aren't that bad so dont worry too much. My red marks are 10x worse on both cheeks! So my derm prescribed me with:

ziana(biacna) it has clindamycin and tretinoin 0.025(retin-a) every night

and bactrim twice a day.

He said the tretinoin would help fade the red marks. The time frame he gave me is 4 months.

anyway, Good luck on your regimen. try to use the bp sparingly to avoid irritation.

Thanks for your answer, im not sure if benzoyl peroxide works in closed comedones too i think i will use it every sparingly to help the killing of bacteria,(once every 2 days ),

Do you think my type o redmarks fade on its own or i need to do any laser tratments, i dont like the IB of tetrinoin, i had a kind of IB with minocilclin and this 2 creams that im using since 10 days but my acne always tend to be comedonal,

I tried in the past 4% hydroquinone with 10% glicolic acid, i applied it ONCE in the night and the next day wake up with both cheks totally red, i literally had 2 big red patches, so sad

MemberMember
(@cheekacne)

Posted : 11/16/2014 11:12 pm

lol i feel you with the red cheeks. right now im still feeling a mild burning.

I am scared of the IB with the ziana but i actually belive it will help fade marks faster as soon as my face gets uses to it. If your marks are still there or havent faded in 2-3 months id say guve retinoid a try. your acne would've been surfaced up by that time with your regimen now. so using a retinoid 2-3 months from now would cause such a bad IB possibly none at all.

these are just based on what i've read here and from other sites.

meant to say would not cause such a bad IB

MemberMember
(@guybrush29)

Posted : 11/17/2014 12:29 pm

Hi guys i got 2 questions:

1 why my derm prescribed me Benzoyl peroxide and minocycline, if they both do the same they both kill bacteria or do they complement each other

2.What can i use to fade the hyperpigmentation and redmarks, any over the counter treatment that doesnt irritate too much

MemberMember
(@cheekacne)

Posted : 11/18/2014 11:07 pm

minocycline wont prevent every pimple from popping up and benzoyl peroxide takes care of the ones that do.

As for the hyperpigmentation, i havent been using the ziana long enough to recommend it. bu i recently just started mixing a pea size with my moisturizer and so far no irritation in two nights. and the tretinoin in it is supposed to help pih. :)

best of luck!

as for over the counter treatment try AHA.