Notifications
Clear all

I Need To Make A Choice And I Need Your Help

MemberMember
(@aaron404)

Posted : 11/16/2014 5:16 pm

So it happened. Two and a half months in on accutane 40mg and I've taken notice today that my hair has thinned out considerably on the sides of my head as well as on top. I can't remember the last time I cried but as a 20 year old man I laid on the couch today face down and cried. I'm going down to my hair dresser tomorrow and getting it buzzed off. Which will hurt even more. I feel like a part of me has died.

I guess I have two options, If you could weigh in and help me out that'd be great.

Stop accutane and attempt to regrow/thicken my hair. Biotin/rogaine/nioxin I guess? I don't know.. Some people say the loss is permanent, others say not. I don't know if there's anything that can even be done at this point, the damage may be done? If it does grow back it could take 6 months to a year. I could go back to my old regimen, I'll have a bit of acne but maybe I can get my hair back.

Or

Stick it out for another 3 and a half months, and get used to the idea that I might never have a good looking head of hair again. Hopefully I'll never have to worry about acne again. Maybe I'll be lucky and my hair will grow back after the 6 months? Maybe I'll end up relapsing anyways so it'll all be for naught?

There's so much uncertainty that I feel that no matter what choice I make it'll be the wrong one. I'm in a really bad spot and I need your guy's opinions.

Thanks in advance.

MemberMember
(@mandystrope)

Posted : 11/16/2014 10:50 pm

Hello Aaron404, try using manuka honey, I would suggest get the real one with licensed number and UMF+ rating. I've been using this product after experiencing more breakouts of using synthetic-based acne treatment. Manuka honey is all-natural so it is safe.

MemberMember
(@undentified)

Posted : 11/17/2014 7:33 pm

Jesus.... I am really sorry to hear you are losing your hair because of that stupid drug! My friend has the same problem, also dry lips, eyes, and it's been 4.5 years after he stop taking it... They are killing us, stupid acnes, i just wish i was like uber smart and made a vaccine which has no side effects and kills all the acnes in like 1 day! I would share it for free and fix young peoples main problem!

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 11/18/2014 11:58 am

Im so sorry you are having to deal with this

have u called your derm?

Maybe reduce the dosage so you can stay on it longer?

im sorry I dont have better sdvice

good luck

kim