Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NickC84

Do woman realy care about Acne or Scars?

I guess i'm gonna have to be the one to break the bad news to you but Hell yea they care. There was this girl i liked, well i still like her(i think about her everyday), we had really good chemistry and everything. Well, i asked her why she didn't want to be with me then. I told her to just be flat out honest because we have like the best time together and she tells me i'm everything she wants in a guy and how stupid she is and everything right? Well, basically she told me she's not attracted to me at all, and i mean this has never happened to me before acne. I mean i went from being a top five(guy) that girls liked in high school to not mentioned at all(borrowed jay z line) because of my acne. Not tryiing to sound conceited if it sounds like that because i'm really humble.

I used to have girls i didn't even know come up to me and tell me how cute and adorable i am. I mean, it sucks now cause ever since i got acne which was my freshman year of college, i haven't gotten any girls really. In a way, acne has really made me more humble and realize the simple things in life. ANyway, i just had to let you know the truth...there are some girls as well as guys who probably wouldn't care as much(especially if they have gone through what we have) but majority will care. It hurts but it's the truth.

Maybe the problem here is we're mixing two different kinds of judgment categories: aesthetics and love.

It goes without saying that clear skin always looks better than diseased skin. We shouldn't devalue aesthetic ideals by saying things like 'people look just as good with acne as without.' That's like saying you prefer Norman Rockwell to Picasso or Rembrandt just because you don't have access to the latter.

But what people look for in boyfriends and girlfriends varies, and usually transcends appearances, unless there's actual physical repulsion. If looks were all that was important, then blind people would never fall in love, and we'd all be satisfied with pictures of pretty people in our wallets.

When you're in love with someone, you can still see that they aren't technically the most beautiful person in the world, but they can still be the most beautiful person to you because they fit with you better than anyone else.

It's about associations: when I here the name 'James' I cringe because of unpleasant memories associated with that name, but it might remind some of you of a great friend; same with any certain acne-ridden or cute or redheaded or whatever person.

In a word: NO!!!! You see actors on TV with acne scars all the time....does anyone else notice that, or am I just so obsessive about acne that I notice?? I've only noticed that on a VERY few actresses (which is depressing cause it makes it seem like its OK for guys to have acne but not girls..) But I was watching Titanic the other day, and I noticed Kate Winslet had slight acne marks and Dicraprio had acne scars that were very prominent in certain lighting! I was shocked that these supposedly 'perfect' hollywood stars had these same imperfections we do, but they do! Which reminds me, there's nothing I hate more than those commercials on TV for acne washes or medications that show people with not only clear skin, but PERFECT skin. It's so obvious they're wearing makeup AND using favorable lighting at the time, because I've never seen someone with skin that is completely uniform in color all over their entire face in real life. Growing up I always thought that there were people like that cause I saw them on tv....but....I'm convinced they don't exist in reality because I've NEVER seen someone without a bit of coloration, or a bit of wrinkle, or slightly large pores, or SOMETHING. eusa_naughty.gif Media~!!

Oops I got off topic, but yeah, guys with acne can DEFINITELY = hot. I've met quite a few. My ex had severe backne, who cares? I didnt (and no I broke up with him cause he was a jerk, not cause he had acne). I never understood how guys could be insecure about acne when to me they look just as hot with it as without (almost anyway). Girls it's another story.... sad.gif *runs off to her acne arsenal*

My ex-bofriend of 2 years had acne - before we got together and still had acne after we broke up. It didn't bother me one bit. I thought he was hot. wub.gif And I was clear that time too. smile.gif

Basically, I would. But, I'm in love with someone who had more acne than me. And even with acne or no acne he stills looks handsome to me. It that makes you worry don't sweat it. It only matters what you have inside.

acne scars arn't a big deal? They sure are. I suppose it depends. My scarring is classed as severe, its all over my face. I'm sure it will get better through age, as they are stlil red etc.

But I'm sure every girl here must be kidding themselves. I mean, mild scarring is fine, but not severe?

I had a gf when I had acne, and then after we broke I pretty much lost confidence, I think confidence makes all the diffrence, young people care about looks, but thats just for one night stands. When I look at a girl I want to see that she has confidence and willing to work hard and not stay at home, carry my baby, and willing to wash dishes.

With older woman....the only thing they worry about is getting some. biggrin.gif

Guest brokencocoon
It goes without saying that clear skin always looks better than diseased skin.  We shouldn't devalue aesthetic ideals by saying things like 'people look just as good with acne as without.' That's like saying you prefer Norman Rockwell to Picasso or Rembrandt just because you don't have access to the latter.

i don't think having specific qualities that you like about the opposite sex is shallow, but only limiting yourself to people who fulfill them is insane. sure, i looove a nice all guy of 6 feet tall, but i won't say "oh, he's 5'8. no way".

people who limit themselves to who they date because of looks are missing out on sooo much. it's sad.

i don't think having specific qualities that you like about the opposite sex is shallow, but only limiting yourself to people who fulfill them is insane. sure, i looove a nice all guy of 6 feet tall, but i won't say "oh, he's 5'8. no way".

people who limit themselves to who they date because of looks are missing out on sooo much. it's sad.

Well i notice when i or someone else gets a zit so im sure they do too. If a girl got a zit once in awhile it would not be a turn off because then i wouldn't feel as bad if i got one since they would know how it feels. But if it is pretty often im not gonna lie and say it's a turn on or anything.

lol! i forgot about that one. and the soup nazi is, of course, classic. actually, i don't think there's been an episode i haven't thought was hilarious. except the very last one. thought it was a bit lame.

do you watch curb?

curb your enthusiasm. with larry david who was a writer on seinfeld. apparently george's character is based off of him. it's on hbo and totally and utterly hilarious, if you like shows about nothing, that is.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli
master. let's go!  wub.gif

cameron, man hands is probably one of the best episodes, besides the bro.

people that havent gone threw it and think we have acne cuz we r dirty WILL be biased..

the slim majority that have been threw it, wont be as biased..

but who doesnt want an attractive guy/girl?