Notifications
Clear all

2Nd Accutane Course Diet Help

MemberMember
(@james1946)

Posted : 11/15/2014 2:48 pm

Hello guys,

I am currently 3 weeks into my second accutane course and i am trying to eat a high fat meal when taking my tablet. I am on 60mg a day (20mg Morning, 20mg Afternoon, 20mg Dinnertime).

Does anyone know of 'high fat' meal that does not contain dairy?

I'm eating alot of eggs which i understand have amount 5grams of fat.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@469dma)

Posted : 11/16/2014 9:12 am

why ? idk if its true but ive heard the fat meal thing was before when accutane was first introduced, now the formule have changed and you can basically take it with any meal when you eat.

MemberMember
(@james1946)

Posted : 11/16/2014 12:13 pm

There is different type of tablets of accutane. A certain type doesn't need a fatty meal to be consumed better but some others do. The instructions on my medication does say take with high fat meal.

MemberMember
(@469dma)

Posted : 11/16/2014 7:16 pm

i mean its just gonna absorb better, but it will still work if you dont take ALL the time with fatmeals ;p

MemberMember
(@otsdarva)

Posted : 11/18/2014 12:52 am

I try to take it with a few scoops of peanut butter.

MemberMember
(@james1946)

Posted : 11/19/2014 6:46 am

Yeah I've recently started doing that

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 11/19/2014 2:55 pm

Hi - you should take every pill of accutane with fat, but t doesn't necessarily need to be a whole meal, just so long as it is something with fat. Alternatively, you could take all 60 mg with one meal and it really shouldn't make a difference in the side effects or absorption rate you experience now that you are 3 months in. In terms of things you can eat that aren't dairy -

Nut butters (peanut butter/almont butter/cashew butter)

Margarine

Vegetable oils

Any kind of red meat or dark meat poultry

High-fat fish (salmon, mackeral, etc.)

Avocado (guacamole)

Nuts

(I am sure there is more but I can't think of anything off the top of my head at the moment)